New Visitor

Comcast Customer Security Assurance email

[ Edited ]

I received the following email from Comcast:

We recently noticed an attempt to log in to your Comcast account from a foreign Ip
address and we have reason to believe that your account was used by third party
without your authorization.

If you recently accessed your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts
may have been initiated by you. Therefore, if you are the rightful account holder,
click on the link below to log into your account for verification.

If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choice but to temporarily
suspend your account.

The link goes to a site that is unavailable.  I've never had anything like this happen to me before.  Should I be worried?

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Re: Comcast Customer Security Assurance email

Yeh, it's a phishing Email after your log in details (or something worse), you should edit your post to remove the link.:smileywink:

New Visitor

Thank you!

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Your'e welcome, I would give your computer a good scan with any anti-virus/malware software you have, to be on the safe side. Never a good idea to click on links in Emails you are not sure of. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

See this too:

Comcast Verified Email: what is the Comcast logo in my inbox in XFINITY Connect?

• The Comcast Verified Email symbol is an icon that will display in your inbox list view next to any email sent from a Comcast source (i.e. Bill pay reminders, cCentral, security updates, newsletters, etc…). 
  • The Comcast Verified Email icon verifies the authenticity and origin of the email sent. 
  • This will help reduce your risk of falling victim to malicious email schemes such as identity theft and phishing attempts that pretend to be from Comcast. 

• Each email sealed with the Comcast icon will also display the full Comcast logo in the upper right corner of the email body.

Note: XFINITY Connect displays the inline Comcast icon and full Comcast logo. XFINITY Connect Lite only displays the full Comcast logo.  If you use a 3rd party email client such as MS Outlook or Mac Mail, the Comcast Verified Email icon will not display.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Sorry for butting in, but exactly what does "edit your post" mean?

As best I can tell, the poster received an email from someone purporting to be a Comcast representative, he did not "post" anything, unless you mean his question ("post") to you on this forum.

I received the same email, hence, I also would like to know the steps I need to take to protect myself.

Bud

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

Bud_Comcast wrote:
"he did not "post" anything, unless you mean his question ("post") to you on this forum"

That's exactly what I meant Bud. The original "poster" posted a link that led to a phishing site.

For a complete list of known phishing Emails, take a look here:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/constantguard/Alerts/

You can also choose to report them to Comcast, following instuctions found on this page:

http://security.comcast.net/get-help/report-a-security-threat-or-scam.aspx

Otherwise, simply delete the Email

Email Expert
madylarian