New Visitor
NoRebateScam

Comcast Visa Rebate Card Scam... Yes, It's a Scam!

I recently heard about the new instructions for handling Visa Rebate Card issues.  I sent my information to the stated email address and received a follow-up call within a few days, which was outstanding.  However, I was then told that my 10 months of inquiring about my rebate card were unnecessary.  Apparently, I had imagined signing up for the $250 rebate offer and imagined being under a 2 year contract.  Yes, I did sign up for the triple play bundle through the Comcast website, but the rest about rebates and contracts were a figment of my imagination.  I completely overlooked all the messaging about rebates and decided to forgo all of that because money is not important to me.  I might need to apologize to Comcast for bothering their representatives for 10 months.  

All joking aside, Comcast should be ashamed of itself.  A major company ripping off its customers with marketing scams and building business on a foundation of lies and deception.  A major company who has to mask its scams by having customer jump through hoops, only to deny them a so-called reward.  A company that shifts the burden of proof to its customers... asking customers to prove they received a rebate offer, knowing that they [the company] offer no such validation at signup.

In all of my years dealing with customer service at various companies, I have never been told that I was a liar (albeit masked in corporate lawyer-approved language).  My contempt for Comcast is only matched by my contempt for myself, for allowing Comcast to screw me over for 10 months.  Well, I am proud to proclaim that I will end this scam by closing my account, and I encourage all others who see this to do the same.  I hope someone has the resources to start a class-action lawsuit and stop this scam for good.

New Visitor
Sdialtus

This is what you need to do!

[ Edited ]

HI!!! Just wanted to let everyone one I was going through the same thing with Comcast. I signed up at the end of June for triple pay. I agreed to a two years contract, so I was offered the $250 Visa Rebate. So I waited for three months, paid every bill on time. I called a few times and started getting the run around. I'm a very persistent person so I was NOT giving up. On Oct 10th 2012 I called to see where my gift card was, Customer Service told me that I would receive the card within 4-6 weeks. I called back yesterday, which made it 9 weeks. After being told my gift card was coming give it another 4-6 weeks, I lost it!! I finally called Corporate and told them if I did not receive my gift card I would file a class act lawsuit. Within 2 hours I received a call back from Corporate. I was offered a $200 gift card or a $200 credit on my account. I told them to please credit my account, I did not feel like waiting any longer. The guy I was speaking with put the credit directly on my account while I was on the phone.

I figure this would help the people that are in the same boat I was. Do not give up, demand what is owed to you. Here is the number to Corporate, ********** *********. Good luck!!!

New Visitor
FTCcomplaint

Re: This is what you need to do!

Thanks. I will be giving them a call tonight. What a lousy company screwing people over like this. There "Customer Guarantee" is a joke! Maybe they try to make good impressions to lure new customers but once you sign your nobody. I had a terrible, incompetent and incomplete installation by some tech who was rude and didn't follow up on anything. I waited weeks to get lines dug which apparently the job orders were getting missed or whatever. Now I'm getting screwed on the $250 Visa Rebate Card. I don't know how they can stay in business. I'm ready to file an FTC and/or state AG complaint. This is beyond ridiculous!

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: This is what you need to do!

You can send an email to the We Can Help Team for assistance with the Visa card.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
cd3000

Re: Comcast Visa Rebate Card Scam... Yes, It's a Scam!

[ Edited ]

The ripoff continues. Instead of the full amount they think they can just jack you for $50 and save some money. This is the statement I just put on file with the Federal Trade Commission:

"We signed up with an online Comcast offer called the Triple Play in July. We have an HD Preferred account with offers a $150 prepaid Visa card after a 90 day waiting period. We instead received a $100 card. Here is the offer listed on their webstie: http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/Bundles/bundles.html

On the first call to Comcast they said they have nothing to do with the amount issued on the card and then connected me in the same phone session to an operator at their rebate center. This operator at the rebate center told me they only issue the amount they are instructed by Comacast and cannot offer anything else. They then passed me back to the Comcast operator who told me they can do nothing and that I need to log into the rebate center's website to file a claim. I then went to this site: http://xfinityrewards.checkmyrebate.com/
which only stated that the card has been issued. I then called the contact number on the site and they told me the same story as before that they can only issue a card amount that comes from Comcast. I then called Comcast again and they again pushed me to the rebate center. The rebate center then opened a claim with a tracking number
********* which they said will take 2-3 weeks to make it to Comcast and another 2-3 months to get a resolution from Comcast. This is to get another card with for a $50 issuance that would fulfill the offer Comcast is making online. They told me to call Comcast back to attempt to accelerate process. I then called Comcast back (this operator was more rude than the others as they are now trying to get rid of me) and once again went through the information with them. The operator acknowledged that we were in fact new HD Preferred customers. When I asked him to acknowledge that the standing offer for new HD customers is $150 prepaid Visa cards he claimed he had no knowledge of that. When I gave him the above web address http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Learn/Bundles/bundles.html he put me on hold. After waiting on hold for around 20 minutes I was disconnected. This was my last contact with Comcast on the matter. In an attempt to see if other people were having problems with Comcast honoring their promotions I searched the internet and this was the first site I came to: http://blog.oregonlive.com/complaintdesk/2012/06/comcasts_250_visa_card_promoti.html

Clearly this is an ongoing problem with Comcast ripping off customers and it should be looked into."