New Visitor
bennn

Comcast - if you start charging $5 to pay online or over the phone, expect a backlash

[ Edited ]

Bank of America and Verizon tried the exact same practice, and customer backlash was unbelievable and the loss of business was felt financially. 

If you actually start doing, I will cancel my service immediately and oh how twitter/facebook will hear about this, generating outrage and continued loss of business for Comcast. 

Want to give it a go?  Try me. I will not put up with this.

Edit: By the way, why was I told on the phne by a CSR there IS a $5 fee to pay online.  Yet when I go to make a payment online, there is NO mention of a $5 fee?  She told me the ONLY way not to get charged the $5 fee was to go pay in a local store in person.  Is this true or not?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Comcast - if you start charging $5 to pay online or over the phone, expect a back

Though it not clear this is primarily a customer to customer forum

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post

Official Employee
ComcastNick

Re: Comcast - if you start charging $5 to pay online or over the phone, expect a back

There is a $5 fee to make a payment through the phone to a live person.

There is no fee to make a payment online, or through the automated phone process. 

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
bennn

Ah, misinterpreted these forums due to seeing some omplaints forwarded to a "moderator" and issued credits, etc.

I was about to get really, really upset at yet another company charging to make payments online.  The fee to make a payment with a CSR I am OK with that.