New Visitor
Aherguth

Comcast service not available in building

I'm a returning Comcast customer and my family has used Comcast for over 10 years now. However even though I am a loyal customer Comcast representatives have lied to me and wasted 12+ hours of my time this week.

Your reps told me that my new apartment building was wired for Comcast when I purchased the service.  I asked 3 different representatives why an RCN homepage was coming up every time I opened up my web browser (while trying to setup my internet), and whether or not Comcast was wired in my building.  Each time I was told that it was available in my building. 

After spending every night since Monday (Jul 29th) trying to register my own modem with Comcast, I was told last night (Aug 2nd) that my building was not in fact wired for Comcast but for RCN.  I spoke to at least 10 different reps before I was given that answer. I am not paying for services that I do not have.

I would like someone to contact me so I can discuss compensation for my time and for being lied to, getting someone to my apartment to set everything up, OR canceling all Comcast services. 

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Comcast service not available in building

To get help, you can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) Send a link to this thread and your account details. You can also ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter or Facebook.