New Visitor
angryATxfinity

Comcast telemarketers - ipacesetters

I received a call from 888-322-5932 from a company claiming to represent Comcast.  The person says something about needing to verify the package I ordered and that they would transfer me to a third party verification service.  Once they transfer you to the automated verification service, they try to get you to confirm that you want xfinity voice.  The company is called ipacesetters.  Others have had this experience as noted by the link below.

http://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-888-322-5932

I am incredibly annoyed that Comcast would sell my information to a scamming telemarketing affiliate.  Can someone from Comcast address this?

Official Employee
ComcastMark

Re: Comcast telemarketers - ipacesetters

Thanks for the information. We will make sure that it is forwarded to the appropriate department. 

New Visitor
angryATxfinity

ComcastMark

Could you tell me if Comcast has a business relationship with ipacesetters?  How did they receive my information and know that I was a Comcast customer?  How can I be removed from all Comcast telemarketing lists?

Official Employee
ComcastMark

We are looking into this for you. I have also reached out to my local colleagues to assist in preventing these calls to happen in the future. We will keep you updated with the developments on this.

Thank you,

Mark Casem

Comcast Corp.

National Customer Operations

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

FWIW, have you called Comcast and requested/insisted upon OPTING OUT of both internal and external telemarketing calls?  You have to request it for both.

Also, good luck because most of the phone 'executives' claim they don't know how to "do that".  That might be true; however, I am suspicious because there is big money made in businesses that share/rent/sell customer information.

Also - for that IPpace-something ... that did the telemarketing:  they have most likely also sold/rented/shared your information.

tomjones1

These people call me at least 5 times a day.  They say that they are calling to comply with new FTC regulations.  I asked them what they were and the woman talked so fast, I couldn't even understand her.  I hung up on them.  When you call the number back it says comcast on the voicemail.  Really really angry that you guys sold my number to an outside company even though I am on the do not call list and opted out of everything.  

New Visitor
rpol

I received a call from the number mentioned in this string.  It has been over a month Mark.  What have you done about this?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

It seems when you call Comcast's bluff, they delete the post. Nice.  Notice that I have "5" posts but only 4 show up? That is because Comcast deleted my prior post.

Comcast _sells_ your contact information to iPacesetters who are the phones making these calls. They are trying to get you to subscribe to more services from Comcast. It's a soliciation. If your number is on file with the National Do Not Call list I'd recommend you at least file a complaint with the FCC and also consider filing suit against iPacesetters. They are _NOT_ Comcast and as such are required to abide by the National Do Not call list. I've asked and they've sent me their company policy on this and it _specifically_ states that they go by the National Do Not Call list. My guess is since they feel their are "affiliated" with Comcast they are exempt. They are _not_. I'm sure they get paid by Comcast in some way and they _are_ a seperate company. No Comcast customer has ever paid iPaceSetters a dime so they have not done business with the Comcast customer... only Comcast itself.

I'm completing the paperwork to make a demand as they violated the National Do Not Call list. If they don't pay, I'll file suit. It's cheap and kind of interesting. It's about time this company (and Comcast) learns that bullying their customers is not the way to go.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

One has to specifically request/insist upon/DEMAND that Comcast puts one on the opt out for both internal AND external telemarketing calls.  Seems that language is everything:  one can't just say "put me on the do not call list".

Thing to remember, too, is ... once a 3rd party gets the information, they will also sell/rent/share it,  Most of the scam telemarketers have no interest in abiding with the government Do Not Call list.

Missy, you raise an interesting issue but I have read through all of the reguilations concerning this. There is not an "external" and "internal" Do Not Call list. Every company is required to maintain proceedures on Do Not Call requests and the laws don't allow for their to be two lists. Actually the laws specifically mention that the first company is required to notify "affiliated" companies of the change.

This is not to say that Comcast won't _claim_ you need to do both but they can claim anything they want.

Visitor
rfehir

I got a illegal call from these people ipacesetters ... I am a new comcast subscriber for voice and internet... the call seems like a scam ... first they tell you the call is being recorded and what you to aggree to terms and conditions with a third party. I refused ... they claim to be contracted with Comcast. Somehow this company new my name and brand new comcast phone number. Very persistant phone calls ... According to the FCC and FTC it is illegal for comcast to my info to a 3rd party...it also violates their own policy as well... I am going to contact a lawyer, FCC, FTC, local and national law inforcement if these calls persist. In addition I intend to higher a lawyer for damages and policy violations. The number that calls me is from 1-866-375-9723. I already had the call traced for the police. Comcast better get to the bottom of this soon if they dont want a class action lawsuit.