New Visitor
alteredape

Complaint dept? Customer service?

I was under the impression I signed up for a 12 month deal,

at 6 months, my bill nearly doubled, from 60 to 100 dollars.

I just got off the phone with the rudest person I've ever spoken to in my life,

who basically laughed at me on the phone and said he would cancel my services if I wanted and I was more than welcome to look for another internet / television provider.

There is really no reason to treat people this way,

I'm a single parent and grad student, the price difference is a big difference to me.

New Visitor
jenniferaustin

Re: Complaint dept? Customer service?

Same here, although they kept me on hold for over 40 minutes to tell me that I was lucky to have the service that I did.

New Visitor
alteredape

Its unacceptable in my opinion.

I'm seriously considering switching to Verizon Fios Internet.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

if you have fios available  why are you even thiking just go.

Visitor
jingyong

Because both Verizon and Comcast CS stink. I wish we had more alternatives. It's like the game is being rigged by all of these "non-service" companies. Where are the Congress inquiries on these? They keep deleting my posts by the way because they don't like what people have to say.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

HiDefLovin, http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/READ/td-p/1125875

The thread you started which contains the reason why 3 of your posts were removed.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor

I must have gotten the same person. So when I hung up I called Verizon and two weeks ago verizon came in hooked up my tv service, phone and internet. I cancelled Comcast. I now have for 35.00 dollars less a month  a much faster connection to the internet, over 75 more tv channels and it's a two year guarntee contract. I had called in January 2012 and complained about the 25.00 dollar increase in my bill and the rep. told me "if you wnat to lower your bill cut some of your services" that was the last straw. I should also mention that in the last year with Comcast I have lost my phone service several times, my email was down and also lost my tv picture several times.

I'll also be writing to Comcast to tell them about their "service" nad this particuliar rep".

Visitor

It's the best thing I ever did.

New Visitor
donandnik

Lately Comcast Customer service & attitude has been very poor.

I had my service suspended for 2 days and when they turned me back on the phone service didn't work,then 2 days after they finnally got the phone back up, but not all of the phone service works, the caller ID is not working, and you can't access any of your phone service online,such as voice mail, call screening.

i called several times and it started on Dec 7 and it's Dec 26 and it's still not working, so i went to the office payed my bill then told a customer service woman who was at the window about the problem, her reply was the reason it doesn't work is your service was suspended and when they re-connected it they didn't do it correctly,and we have to send a tech out and your gonna have to pay for that.

i told her why should i pay for a tech to fix a problem i have nothing to do with,she was rude and talk down to me and said because you didn't pay your bill.

Can you believe that?

Official Employee
ComcastMark

We apologize for the trouble. We'll make sure that your experience is shared with our local contacts to ensure that your concerns are addressed. 

New Visitor
nancyrebecca

A guy came to our door and pitched his spiel for getting comcast. We decided it was not too bad of a deal, close to what we wre paying for Direct tv. We asked him for the bottom line on wht we would be paying, including fees, etc. What he didn't tell us was the extra 1.99 a momth per box plus the rent fee for the modem. When people ask for a bottom line they mean it, our bill is about 12.00 more than our direct tv was..He knew that would make it more expensive(especially after first year) than our direct tv. Lie # 1. Lie # 2- he said we would get all new cable- it didn't happen. lie #3 he told us we could have a connection on our back porch, installer said they could not do it I called to complain and someone was suppose to call back, it's been about 3 months, am still waiting for call..They gave us an old box which I had trouble with. Made appointment to have fixed. Husband took off work, they called late in the afternoon, could't make it. I ended up taking bad box to local comcast and exchanging. Also they left us a mess in our basement. We have drop ceilings, they let wires hanging out and did not replace the ceiling. We found out when my husband tried to put back that they had broken the ceiling. I am not too fond of your customer service, can you blame me?

New Visitor
whytiptoe

We have only been with them for maybe 4 months and I'm so disappointed with this company.  I will NEVER EVER use them again.  2-3 hours wait time every week is ridiculious so your pain is felt.

New Visitor
HNDolsen

I've called 8 times today only to have my problem not solved. They doubled my bill over the course of a year and all of the customer service representives were rude. I'm disconnecting my service immediately.