Contributor
Lonestar81

Customer Complaints

Does anyone know who to contact at comcast with complaints.  Im not talking about the normal customer service number or sending an email thru the contact comcast links on these pages.  Those methods are worthless.  Reps are poorly trained and have more atittude then I do.  Ask for a manager and you get told one will call you back.  Never Happens.   Between billing problems, Unauthorized account changes, and very poor service you would think Comcast would want to work on their problems before their customers leave.

Jess

New Visitor
Pat-in-etown

Re: Customer Complaints

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one that has this problem with Comcast customer service.  Here's my story.  Due to a storm, I lost cable and internet service on August 6, 2012, I reported this on August 7 and was told it would be the following Monday, August 13, before a technician could come to repair it.  The technician arrived on the following Monday as promised and found that the underground cable that runs from my house to the utility pole was bad.  He ran a new cable (approx. 75 feet) on top of the ground and told me that someone would be out in the next couple of days to bury the cable. I also had him to check my internet as it had been dropping out several times a day and the modem had to be reset to get it back online.  He identified the problem but said he could not fix it and that he would have someone come out that afternoon and fix it.

No one came to fix the problem, so the next day I called Customer service.  After a lengthy wait. I was told that there was no order placed by the technician to fix my internet.  The order was then placed and someone came on August 17 (4 days later) to fix the internet.  Today, August 27, I still have 75 feet of cable stretched across my yard, so i called customer service again.  The CS rep told me that there was no order placed to bury the cable, and it would be 7 to 10 business days before it would be done.  As i started to express my unhappiness with the service I had received, the CS rep hung up on me.  I called back and spoke to a different CS rep and she was very understanding, and could not believe that i had had so many problems getting a simple issue taken care of.  She then told me that a supervisor would be calling me within 4 hours to talk to me about this issue.  As you have probably guessed, 4 hours came and went with no such phone call.

I am not one to complain, and when the Comcast service is working, it's great, but I guess that's the case with anything.  Unfortunatley, where I live, we don't have another cable vendor, so we are stuck with Comcast.  I believe this is one reason that the service is so bad, if they had some competition, maybe they would do a little better job at customer service.  That's my 2 cents worth anyway! 

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

To get help, you can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) Send a link to this thread and your account details. You can also ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

New Visitor
CDinME

I have never posted to board like this for any compnay but I am so frustrated with Comcast Customer Service. I can't access my bills from the website as i need a new pin because if FCC guidelines yet they don't tell you how to fix it. I'm backlogged 5 months on expenses for my phone. You'll stay on hold for 20vmunutes without a pick up. Ridiculous. I'm just going back to Verizon. Too bad as the products actually work really well.

Email Expert
CCCarole

CDinME wrote:

I have never posted to board like this for any compnay but I am so frustrated with Comcast Customer Service. I can't access my bills from the website as i need a new pin because if FCC guidelines yet they don't tell you how to fix it. I'm backlogged 5 months on expenses for my phone. You'll stay on hold for 20vmunutes without a pick up. Ridiculous. I'm just going back to Verizon. Too bad as the products actually work really well.

You can find information about the FCc required pin  here:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Billing/How-to-View-Pay-your-bill-Online-and-or-Secure-your-Account/m-p...

Scroll down to Message # 7 for the information.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
CDinME

unfortunately thaqt still doesn't work. It doesn't show me any details only how much i owe. It won't show me anything about my bill just asks me to get a pin but doesn't tell you how. Ridiculous.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I will notify the Administrator of your problem.

Are you a new customer?  OR- Did you recently add Digital Voice Service?

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Blah777

After catching Comcast in a lie about 24/7 customer service, which is falsely advertised on their website, I decided to call to cancel my cable but still was considering keep my internet. Using my work time to call, since the customer service center is only open 8-6 pm, I finally got a customer service rep. to answer my call. After listening to the lady try to wheel and deal me, I finally said cancel everything. I told her I preferred to speak to people face to face and asked what location is closest to me so I can do that. She proceeded to lie to me and said over the phone was the only place to get the deals. Funny, seeing that I bought my service at an authrized dealer in a Best Buy and got HBO, Showtime, DVR, HD all free for 6 months plus cable and internet for $80 total a month with taxes and other fees/charges. I am returning my cable box tomorrow at a service center, where the lady informed me I would not be able to speak to anyone regarding my services. We'll see about that. I am doing my research and can definitely find cheaper internet elsewhere. When will Comcast realize that good customer service is everything? I will pay more for better customer service. Wouldnt you? I will take my patience and understanding elsewhere, were I wont get lied to...

New Visitor
robbie_cantey

So I'm not the only one?

Every time I call, I'm transferred to 3-5 people, hung up on, and the customer service gets nasty with me and half of them don't know what they are talking about. I get different answers from everyone. The most recent I was told that Xfinity and Comcast really don't have anything to do with each other, so Comcast won't be responsible for anything involving wireless internet anymore. I was told I had to pay a 1 time fee of $5.99 to get help. They enrolled my in a paid tech support program without my consent and told me that it's not a one time fee, and a manager would have to approve me trying to cancel my tech support subscription.

I get so mad at how rude some of them are, I forget to be nice. By the time I get someone who is nice and helpful, I'm practically crying and thatnking them for their help only to realized that my bill has been screwed with a couple weeks later.

I'll be leaving comcast as soon as I find an appropriate provider. I used to love comcast. They've outsourced so much of their company, they're impossible to deal with anymore.

New Visitor
robbie_cantey

Did she also mention it costs $6 to talk to a person at the comcast service centers? We got charged $6 to have them remove a mistake they made on the account that they said they couldn't fix by phone.

I like having cable internet, but I'm to the point I just don't want to call every month to have something fixed and have to pay to have it fixed. I told them I will pay what I'm supposed to, but I told them make sure their supervisors understand that I will neglect to pay for any of the services they add without my consent. I'm being responsible and calling to have things set right. It's not right that they should charge me for their errors.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

robbie_cantey wrote:

Did she also mention it costs $6 to talk to a person at the comcast service centers? We got charged $6 to have them remove a mistake they made on the account that they said they couldn't fix by phone.

Nah, that charge is incorrect. Write to the address I posted erlier and ask for a credit.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg
Visitor

Comcast just sucks I’m sick of getting into a great show and it either freezes and cuts off or cuts off right befor the ending.. Comcast makes watching TV a total task in perseverance hire some real coders and stop trying to cut corners with Hacks

New Visitor

Please reinstate my Channel 50, Catholic Mass, every Sunday morning at 8 a.m.   This channel was taken off two weeks ago.   I have been listening to this channel seems ever.  Thank you for your assistance in this matter.

Visitor

• Comcast came out swapped DVR.. Lost all my recordings and still have the same problem,
New Visitor
shopkins3000

If you are asking for a credit than the charge is correct, otherwise you would not ask for the money back!!!!!

Email Expert
CCCarole
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

2 posts by lndnjohn removed because they are posted in the wrong forum AND because he/she posted same info elsewhere several times.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I'm locking this thread because it is best to keep separate problems in separate threads. 

Remember that this is primarily a customer-to-customer help forum.