Contributor

Customer Service Issues - Lack of Care or Knowledge ? or both ?

I am finding a pattern that I dislike about comcast customer service. The agent today was great and nice, like 99% of the agents I have come across.  She understood my question and was able help me.  I try my best to understand my own needs and the services that comcast offers to make an educated decision on what want and/or need.  The problem is, even if the agents are or seem nice, at this point, I do not know if the care about their business and their customers.  

The reason why I word it this way is because almost every time I called comcast about a change I need to make I find myself calling back to fix little things that are details that should be taken care off by the agents because of the simple fact that that's what they work for.  The agents (and comcast for that matter) are making it a customers forced responsibility to babysit every single interaction and/or call they make to comcast to make sure it was done correctly.

My personal experience has made me feel this way and customer really shouldn't fee lthat way.  What Comcast really needs to ad to their Comcast Customer Guarantee is a We will resolve routine issues on your first CALL or chat interaction! yes... first call resolve, that would be AWESOME!  Issues like the ones I had, recently for example on 11/30 I talked to a rep to adjust a few things on my account and a very simple detail, I was going to use my own modem, she heard me and understood and made the other changes and told me what my bill will be (before taxes/fess of course) and it was the price without modem rental, she transfer me to tech support and the agent there activates my modem and I also made it clear to her that it was my modem and she understood.  I get my next bill, what I see ? Modem rental for $7/mo.  Really ? that small detail and I have to call/chat with someone to remove it.  It is not a huge deal but I wish this small things that are not trivial at all would be taken care off in the first call.

I've had more complicated issues with comcast and issues small like the one I just shared and I have learned that I cannot 'trust' Comcast agents and Comcast for that matter to do the right thing.  

It would be nice to change the feeling I have everytime I interact with someone in comcast to 'Hmm I am going to check my bill to make sure everything is right' from the feeling of 'I better check my comcast bill to see what they forgot/messed up/change without my permition/etc'.

I know I am ranting but It is something I liked to share because I would not only like Comcast Agents to be only nice but also proffesional!