New Visitor
KBR046

Customer Service Phone Number

If you need to contact customer service and are using a BlackBerry or some other device without a conventional telephone keypad it is extremely difficult to determine the corresponding numbers to 1-800-XFINITY.  Please post the real digits as well 1-800-934-6489.  Thank you!!

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Customer Service Phone Number

do you mean to 1800comcast?

1-800-266-2278

week after a four day weekend is always tough to get through.

have you tried to google comcast phone numbers to get alternate ones.

have you tried online chat

New Visitor
svroom

I can't agree more, they try to make it very hard to contact their no customer service center. The worst thing is the "ONLINE" Chatt. You get someone who has a machine setup to give useless plattitudes and never any service. Comcast has about the worst phone support in industry.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

KBR046 wrote:

If you need to contact customer service and are using a BlackBerry or some other device without a conventional telephone keypad it is extremely difficult to determine the corresponding numbers to 1-800-XFINITY.  Please post the real digits as well 1-800-934-6489.  Thank you!!

That's a good point. One time my truck broke down and I tried to call for a tow. I remembered the number was "1-800-AAA-HELP" but there are no letters on my cell phone keypad...

New Visitor
Tenley

Is there somewhere else we can register this complaint so Comcast can correct it? Comcast/Xfinity continues to only post the 1800COMCAST or 1800XFINITY numbers and you have to have an archaic phone for those letters to have numbers. On a Blackberry, the word COMCAST has only two numbers in it on the keyboard. COMCAST = 9 + . 9 * 4 (

It's ridiculous. 

Visitor
streaming1

This is the correct number...just called it!

Bronze Problem Solver
John3758

KBR046 wrote:

Google has plenty of images of a traditional phone dial pad. Don't blame comcast for making a number easier to remember just because you have a non-traditional phone.
New Visitor
striker12112

It's in the manual but here is the short form:

"Dial 1-8-0-0 or whatever the number prefix is. When you get to the letter, press the ALT key and hold and press the letters you need. The Blackberry will automatically figure out what numbers should be dialed. Press the click wheel and the call is imitated."

Yay for reading.

New Visitor
Nightwhisper

Your an not undstanding what they asked for.  1-800Comcast is not a telephone number.  Numbers are numbers.  Letters are letters.  When someone asks for a telephone number we want a telephone number.   We don't want a Comcast telephone letters, but we wanted a Comcast telephone number.

Bronze Problem Solver
John3758

Nightwhisper wrote:

Your an not undstanding what they asked for.  1-800Comcast is not a telephone number.  Numbers are numbers.  Letters are letters.  When someone asks for a telephone number we want a telephone number.   We don't want a Comcast telephone letters, but we wanted a Comcast telephone number.

Does it matter? Every phone I've ever seen and used had letters on the keypad, and the way to dial letters on a Blackberry was already posted. Even if you do happen to have a phone that doesn't have letters and doesn't have a way to dial letters, it takes all of 5 seconds to go on google and pull up an image of a dial pad with letters. Stop nitpicking over semantics.

Connection Expert
EG

Two year old thread now closed.