New Visitor
dsacre35

Customer "service"

Comcast,

This morning it took 4 calls to get the channels I used to get a couple of days ago back.  In the first call I was greeted with a representative that was helpful and had me in a package that would give me all of my old channels back and more for the same price.  I was very happy with how fast the service was and the programming I was going to be receiving.  The representative was having trouble with her computer being slow so she said she would call back. Two hours past and I had heard nothing, so I call the service hotline again.  

The second person I talked to was of little help, he did nothing to check on my last call all he said he could do was offer me either the double play (which I already have) or the triple play which  I don't need.  So I said no thanks and he transferred me to the "retention" hotline.

There I was greeted with a snarky lady who told me the first person I talked to lied to me and that there was no way I could get the service she promised me at that price.  After going round and round with her about services and customer "retention", how I have been a customer for almost 3 years now, and I am being punished for staying loyal, unlike others who switch companies every year to the the "new customer" rates from which she implied I do the same, the preceded to end the phone call with "I hope the earlier representative calls you back." and told me to have a nice day.

At this point I was pretty angry at 1) being lied to,  2) wasting my Saturday morning, and 3) having to talk to unpleasant costumer "service" representatives, but I called back again.  The fourth person was helpful, had less of a "chip" on her shoulder and heard me out.  She did ultimately get me into a service that gets me my old channels back, but now I pay $10 more a month.  

This is not what I wanted being a recent college graduate, teaching in a poor area.  I just want know, why is it that your representatives all seem to have been trained differently?  One listened and had a great deal for me. Another didn't listen and could only offer me 2 options. A third listened, said I was lied to and that there was no way I could get the service I was promised, and get service from a different company and come back in a year. And a fourth, was willing to help but did not go out of her way truly fix my problem.  

After reading  "We are committed to providing Comcast customers with a consistently superior customer experience. If for any reason something goes wrong, we will work to resolve the issue quickly and as professionally as we can," from your service webpage, I cannot say that was my experience at all.

Dan Sacre

LOYAL customer

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Customer "service"

To get help, you can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) Send a link to this thread and your account details. You can also ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Customer "service"

Posting Guidelines Troll or spam Trolls are individuals who start inflammatory threads or post rude or offensive messages for the purpose of disrupting a discussion or to upset other forum participants. Trolling behavior includes purposely harassing a particular member, employee, moderator, or administrator, sending them rude or unwanted private messages, etc.. This may include emails and/or phone calls to Comcast, Comcast employees or any variation of, Lithium, Lithium employees or any variation of. Trolls risk having their posts removed and may be banned from participating in the forums. Similarly, repeated posting of a message (or very similar messages) multiple times is considered spamming and is prohibited. This includes posting for the sole purpose of gaining a higher post count or rank.