New Visitor
dhtucker

Damage Claims – does anyone know how to get these resolved?

Over a week ago I had an additional phone line installed and the technician tracked mud all over my carpet.  I submitted a damage claim as soon as the technician left and was told to go ahead and pay to have my carpets cleaned and that I would hear from someone in the claims department within 72 hrs.  Then I was told someone from the claims department would come to my house and cut me a check for the amount of the carpet cleaning.  After not hearing from anyone in 72 hrs, I called back to customer service and was told it would take 7 days.  7 days later I was told it would take 4-6 weeks.  I just spoke with a supervisor (Ms. Buchannan) and was told that the process takes 4-6 weeks and that Comcast contracts the claims to a 3rd party.  I was also told that Comcast cannot give out the name of the 3rd part claims department.  I just spent $190 getting my carpets cleaned and after reading several posts I have a feeling that I will never get reimbursed.

Any suggestions?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Damage Claims – does anyone know how to get these resolved?

I have escalated this to the Administrator, please watch for his reply.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

In my experience you will get reimbursed, just later than sooner.

Regular Contributor
commtech1

Hopefully you had it notated on the work order and had the tech sign that they did the damage. If not it's your word against theirs. If you did submit it to your homeowners insurance and they'll go after Comcast or the contracting company Comcast hired to do the work....Insurance companies are really good at getting their money back.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Someone should be working with you to resolve this matter.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-