New Visitor

Dear Comcast: Loyalty vs New

Dear Comcast,

I have been and still am, a loyal Comcast customer. I've had my share of stories about customer service but I've also experienced some very good work from your technicians.

My question is...why is it harder for your loyal customers to take advantage of your newer, better pricing and service? I've seen some entries here where some folks tried to upgrade and it was a disaster (technically and in cost)

I understand that your perfect world would be to have Loyal AND New customers. But why only attract New customers with better deals? Your Loyal customers ARE your best advertisers. Loyal will always get you New, New won't always be Loyal.

Loyalty Rewards? Upgrade suggestions specifically for Loyal Customers? Something???

Just some feedback. 

Email Expert

Re: Dear Comcast: Loyalty vs New

Changing providers is a pain, so most people won't do it unless they're REALLY dissatisfied. If they offered all these deals to existing customers, they'll be giving them to lots of customers that they weren't going to lose in the first place. So Comcast gets much more bang for the buck by offering deals to attract new customers.
Bronze Problem Solver

Slubhs wrote:

Dear Comcast,

I have been and still am, a loyal Comcast customer. I've had my share of stories about customer service but I've also experienced some very good work from your technicians.

My question is...why is it harder for your loyal customers to take advantage of your newer, better pricing and service? I've seen some entries here where some folks tried to upgrade and it was a disaster (technically and in cost)

I understand that your perfect world would be to have Loyal AND New customers. But why only attract New customers with better deals? Your Loyal customers ARE your best advertisers. Loyal will always get you New, New won't always be Loyal.

Loyalty Rewards? Upgrade suggestions specifically for Loyal Customers? Something???

Just some feedback. 

Business 101. In order to grow a service business new customers are essential. Keeps the stock holders happy. Some existing customers may leave but the net growth in customer base is what counts.

New Visitor

Unfortunately, I totally agree...and there lies the root cause of problems in any business today. NEW is always the most exciting thing to work on or with. The current customers, they're already paying and if they leave, no sweat. Oh well....
Email Expert

"No sweat" is a bit of an overstatement. There are limits to the amount of **bleep**hat's acceptable, and recurring revenue is another metric that companies are judged on.

This is one of the reasons why promotions often require 1-year and 2-year contracts. In exchange for the lower rate, the company has guaranteed revenue for an extended period.

Regular Contributor

They can't attract new customers without bribing them. That in itself tells you all you need to know about Comcast quality and customer service right there.
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

jackwad wrote:
They can't attract new customers without bribing them. That in itself tells you all you need to know about Comcast quality and customer service right there.

Current Verizon specials. Looks like Verizon is offering "bribes".  

Phone, Internet, TV--starting at 79.99 a month for a year.

High Speed Internet--19.99 a month--one year agreement and voice service required. Free modem when you order online.

Triple Play Bundle--3 services for the price of 2. As low as 79.99 a month (with annual agreement) for 6 months.

Other cable companies and phone companies also "bribe" in order to attract new customers.

AT&T is constantly attempting to "bribe" me into switching to dsl and since I have an aversion to dsl, I'll never use it again.

Dish Network also wants me to switch to them for tv service. No thank you Dish, your "bribes" do not interest me at all.

Message Edited by Queen-Evie on 08-24-2009 06:26 PM

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert
madylarian

jackwad wrote:

What planet do you live on?  Pretty much most companies do the same thing, from McDonald's initially offering new products at discounted prices to credit card companies offering initial low rates to furniture companies offering "12 months no interest".  Heck, our insurance company offers us a discounted bundle price for having both our home owner's and auto insurance with them.  If you think that Comcast is "bribing" customers then I have a bridge you might be interested in.  On Ork.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense