Visitor

Disruption of Cable service

On Wednesday, March 7th at 11:30pm the Comcast signal to all of my TV's (4) was disrupted. I called the automated call number and was told that they would send an automated signal to my cable boxes and to wait 20 minutes to restore service. After 30 minutes and no signal I called again and another signal was supposedly sent to restore the signal. As of Thursday morning still no signal. This evening, after work we still have no signal. I called 3 different numbers before I was connected to speak with a Comcast customer service person. The customer service person informed me that it was a break in the signal and she would schedule someone to come out to find the problem. I was informed that the earliest that a tech person could come out would be SATURDAY morning. Unbelievable! No cable service for 4 days before someone had the time to come to my residence!??? I have comcast cast triple play ( home phone service, high speed internet connection and High def cable boxes) I spend hundreds of dollars a month to a company that obviously does not value their customers. I asked to speak with her supervisor and after several minutes I was connected . The supervisor apologized and said he could have someone out to check my connections Friday afternoon. This was not acceptable to me because no one would be home to let them in. After a few more minutes he said he would send out an email but no guarantee that a tech person would be able to come tonight. I received a call 15 minutes later that a service tech was on his way this evening. I was courteous but firm in my objection to such poor service.

Why is it that after 5 phone calls and speaking to 2 different customer service personnel on the phone for 45 minutes that miraculously a tech person was available? Customer service at Comcast must have the policy that the squeaky wheel gets the service. I never usually call to complain but if I hadn't...it was ok for Comcast to wait 4 days to provide the service that all Comcast customers deserve. How sad is that? 

The service tech just left. He fixed a poor outside connection and my problem was solved in 10 minutes.  He said there were 3 techs available in our area just waiting to be called out.  Paying the techs double time for after hours must have been the reason no one was available to me earlier.  Again how sad is that?