New Visitor
buck0

Do we have options other than comcast?

I just can't take this anymore. Comcast has horrible customer service, horrible plans, and have never, ever, helped me with anything! I have been stuck with internet and 17 channels because comcast refuses to charge reasonable prices. I don't want digital cable, I don't want ondemand, I just want internet and 60 freaking channels .. is that so hard? Yeah, it is, because I have to pay 135 dollars for that. I've got three kids man, throw a guy a bone.

Visitor
Sharry

Re: Do we have options other than comcast?

I know what you mean, I have internet too and have to pay a 7.00 charge every month for there modem, they should be happy we want to use there service, not expect us to lie down and take it. Have you considered satellite dish network? Happy Holidays and good luck.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

there are many packages that comcast offers.  you need to call them and try to get into a promotion but since you say you have no competition in your area that might be tough.  CAll them up as for the retention dept.  Tell them your bill is to high and to see what they can do for you.   As for the modem you do not have to rent that from comcast you can go buy your own for less than 100 and stop bleeding that.  you can get that bill lowered but you have to try to do it.

Visitor
Sharry

Thanks I did not know about that, and seeing that I am on SSI I need all the help I can get. Happy Holiday's and a very Blessed New Year.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

[ Edited ]

A couple of years ago my family decided to "cut the cord". We only have basic cable and internet. We get most of our TV entertainment from Netflix, Redbox or the internet. I have to tell you, we couldn't be happier. Unless you need certain sports or you have to watch the latest episodes of whatever, you don't need cable TV. Once you get used to watching ad-free TV it's hard to go back. I have three kids too and they didn't miss broadcast TV at all.

Visitor
Sharry

Who do I call to do this? It sounds too good to be true, Thanks, Sharry:womanhappy:

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

you have to downgrade your cable and internet to the lowest level. you have to get some kind of netflix ready device, most have them if you have a wii, xbox 360 ps3, enabled blue ray player or tv.  your local redbox is everywhere and you can even reserve movies.   Hulu and hulu plus can give you all your network programming and comcast on demand is coming to xbox.  So you can see you have many options besides cable you just have to get use to it and be a little tech savy. 

Visitor
Sharry

Thank you so much. Sharry

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg