Contributor
JAMIEESPOCHAV

Don't try to get your own modem

Last week I used the comcast chat to find out what kind of modem I can buy so I don't have to pay $7 each month for their's.  They gave me the brand and model number and I immediately went online, found one, and had it shipped to me (by the way I also checked their approved modem list and the model was on the list).  The next day I received the modem and installed it.  I immediately installed the modem and it did not work with my service.  I contacted comcast customer service number and talked to a tech that stated that my modem would work with my internet but not with my phone service.  Not sure why because during my chat the rep stated that this model was a telephony modem and it would work.  So I thought maybe I'll just cancel my phone service and just use it as an internet modem.  The tech said okay please hold.  He came back and stated that he looked up my modem model and it will not work with the internet either.  I then asked okay then why didn't the chat rep not state any of this when I asked about the modem.  The tech replied that he had no answer and the only modem that will work is something you would have to buy at Best Buy for $150 and only certain stores carried them...really?  So then I thought maybe I'll call billing and tell them I am just going to get my own phone and internet from somewhere else and see if maybe they could get rid of the stupid $7 rental fee.  I explained the situation and all the rep could say was, "I don't suggest buying your own modem because if it goes out we won't replace it."  Good point but if I buy my own and even if it doesn't last the one year warranty, I can buy a  new one for the price I pay now for a year's worth of renting one.  And if I did want to cancel my triple play and only keep the TV, I would then have to pay for one of my dvrs and the HD seperately and it would still cost the same as the whole triple play package.  Ugghhh...where can not lose on this whole stupid deal.  I now have to pay out of my own pocket to send this stupid refered modem back for a refund.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Don't try to get your own modem

Comast chat needs work, your calling india and they are telling you what you need here, I would avoid it at all cost.  YOu do need an emta modem for voice if you want the phone but you can buy an 89 modem for just internet at best buy no problem.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

There is only one customer-owned telephony modem (eMTA) approved by Comcast and that is an Arris TM722G purchased from Best Buy with a Comcast Connection Center. The unit does both internet and telephone service, but users would still need their own router for a home network. The customer-owned eMTA program is not available in all areas. Do not buy any other eMTA from any other store, Comcast will not provision it.

New Visitor
Westmeadow

I'm also on Triple Play and I'm also trying to replace my rented Comcast modem with one of my own. Is there any reason why I couldn't purchase the same modem that Comcast is renting me right now (RCA DHG536) or something similar and use that? 

Email Expert
CCCarole

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/?.. This link will show you which ones are approved by Comcast.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor

This list of approved modems is totally misleading. I believe it applies only to devices suitable for internet use, and not to combined internet-VOIP application. My sister bought an Arris model off the approved list, and could not activate it. She was told by Comcast that the one she bought was on their "missing list", whatever that is, and that the only one that would work for combined telephone and internet is the Arris TM722G, as stated above. I find that this kind of misinformation is rather typical of Comcast, and that they really don't want you to have any reasonabble alternative but to lease from them.

Visitor

Call comcast & they told me to buy a arris 722 modem. n hooked it up and it would not work.  was told there is an approved list and on the list was a 722G but the rep tolde to get a 772.  I was not aware of the 722 g so now sending back the 722 and going to get a 722 g.  will see if that works

Official Employee
ComcastNick

The Arris 722 is an approved modem and should work just fine.

http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/

I don't see the 772 listed there, so I would not advise on picking that model up as it might not be supported.

As far as the "missing" modem goes, that means the person who sold your sister that modem took it from Comcast and never returned it.  Which is one of the reasons that our phone reps will direct you to the 722 model because it is the model you can purchse from a retail store.  A high number of the eMTA modes that are sold on Ebay or Cragislist are modems that people rented from Comcast and never returned.

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
FRANCISCHAN08

Well, we just went around the world on this one.....   Ordered a modem via Amazon (Arris TM822G) and tried to hook it up only to be told that it hadn't been approved by SCC....  It appears that Comcast in fact is in bed with Best Buy on phone modems, however, after I insisted on the phone to verify the best model I was told that the Arris TM722G for internet and phone was the approved model to buy at Best Buy.  The trick is find one in stock because these things are flying out the door ($149.99 plus sales tax).  This model does include the battery pack and it is made by Arris, it's new, but it comes in an XFinity Box and needs to be sold and logged in with Comcast at the store.  Hookup was no problem - took an hour so for them to get the phone working from their end (we have phone and separate fax line) but it's much faster than the old one and the $7 monthly fee will be gone after we turn in the old modem to a Comcast drop-off.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

When your equipment is picked up or turned in, GET A RETURNED EQUIPMENT RECEIPT. Make sure it documents that what you returned is a modem or tv boxes. If there are any stickers with serial or MAC numbers, make sure those numbers are on the receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place, don't forget where you put it. Keep it until the middle of the next century. In the past, Comcast has billed customers for equipment that had been returned. Sometimes they lose track of the equipment and the receipt will be your proof that you turned it in to Comcast.

If you ship the equipment to Comcast, record tracking numbers. Keep those numbers in a safe place. You will need them later if Comcast bills you for the equipment.
You can also check the status of shipped items on the delivery company webpage. When you see it was delivered, print screen the delivery status. UPS also offers Track By Email. Use that option. You'll be notified when it is delivered. Save the email-again this will be proof it was received by Comcast.

Print out the delivery confirmation (if your computer crashes and you lose the info the print out will be your proof of return) This should also be kept in a safe place where you can get to it if needed.
I know from experience that having the receipts can save you a lot of headaches. I was able to pull out my receipts when a collection agency notified me I owed for Comcast equipment that had been returned.

Credit to Queen Evie for the post above regarding returning equipment.

Keep the recipe for the next 120 years.

New Visitor
Pink13Rose

I purchased on eBay the exact same model of modem that Comcast provided.  At first it didn't work, and I was about to send the modem back to the seller, until the person I purchased it from told me that I needed to contact Comcast to get it set up.  I just got off the phone with my local Comcast office--it took no more than 15 minutes to get my replacement modem working!  Now I will return the Comcast modem and be rid of the $7/mo. rental fee!  :-)

Visitor

And maybe CPMCAST will find a way to make the modem obsolete amd the wheel keeps turning for business to some is so very important for they always find a way to JUSTIFY their actions, so I observe, in all level of society.  Business, but not "honor the customer who made you rich and powerful" for for them people are just tools to get their private "personal = commercial"goal.  Persons are not human beings but commercial entities.  A human being must relly, to find peace, in higher laws created by the one who created everything. Check hiddenmeanings.  All is explained clearly.  I do not support some of the ideas presented there but the explanation of all sciences, including social sciences is absolutley correct.  Morals in comemrce is not a revered.  I wish all the comcast people success with good will hoping they have found happiness and joy in their hearts. I can look at myself in the mirror and I like what I see.  I was rich once.  Who cares; nobody can take anything while leaving their vehicle=body.  :smileyhappy: To those who do good deeds all is paid justly, somehow, even finding higher knowledge.  :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
rossedh1

I've just bought my own modem to save the $7 and now my router doesn't work. I bought the same identical modem that I had. Can anyone tell me what to do to get my router working? It is a Belkin F5D9230-4 ver. 3000.

Thought it would be a simple switch... WRONG!!!!

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

rossedh1 wrote:

I've just bought my own modem to save the $7 and now my router doesn't work. I bought the same identical modem that I had. Can anyone tell me what to do to get my router working? It is a Belkin F5D9230-4 ver. 3000.

Thought it would be a simple switch... WRONG!!!!

1) Turn off the computer, unplug the modem and the router. (Take the battery out if you have a telephony modem)
2) Plug in the modem and let it sync up.
3) Plug in the router and let it sync with the modem.
4) Start your computer.

New Visitor
chipet47

If you're on Triple Play you may have two modems, one for the phone line and one for internet access. I have a Mac and replaced the UBEE 3513 internet modem but when I returned theirs I was told I wouldn't get the $7 rate reduction because I still had a phone modem. Sure enough, I have the ARRIS TM 502G down in the cellar. The Comcast rep suggested going to Best Buy for the replacement modem. 

Contributor
douwehaga

[ Edited ]

Comcast is unethically trying to bully customers into leasing modems instead of buying. I purchased a modem from ownyourownmodem and tried to get it activated by calling 1-800-XFINITY. After talking to 3 techs and a supervisor I was told that the modem shows as being Comcast property on the Comcast system and therfore could not be activated. I was told to go to the Comcast service center to get modem ownership transfered. The service center said they could not help me because Comcast considers the modem as being "their" property.

According to Comcast's logic I was in possesion of stolen property yet they would not try to confiscate or call the police and told me to return the modem to ownyourownmodem. Ownyourown modem gave me a different comcast number 1-855-652-3446 and after escalating to another supervisor they finally transfered ownership to me and activated the modem.

I asked ownyourown modem what is going on and they told me they used to work for Comcast and comcast is subjecting customers to internal politics and the 1-855 number is an off shore call center that has nothing to gain politically and that is why they are able to transfer modem ownership.

Comcast is scamming and misinforming customers. Be Aware!

Everytime I call Comcast they say they have customer satisfaction guarantee yet they put you on hold indefinately and hang up on you.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

I purchased a Zoom 5143J from Best Buy a while back. Took it to the local office for adding to my account when I turned in the rental modem at the same time.

Never had a issue.

It could be the source. I would be leary of some of the modems that might be found on eBay also.

Contributor
douwehaga

Comcast needs to come clean on this. If the modem is in the Comcast system as lost or stolen and I bring it to the service center they need to either phone the police and track down the source of theft or confiscate the property.

Since Comcast in not doing anything to regain their alleged property they have, by demonstration, given up on ownership of the property. If, I.E. Comcast has claimed it as a loss on the books then they have given up right to ownership and I am now the legal owner and Comcast is arrogantly not supporting the activation.

Comcast claims you can own your own modem but since they are trying to control what modems are availible for purchase and sources for purchase they are behaving in an unethical manner and should be held accountable.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

douwehaga wrote:

Comcast is unethically trying to bully customers into leasing modems instead of buying. I purchased a modem from ownyourownmodem ...

I have not heard good things about this company and they have an "F" rating with the BBB. Comcast doesn't care if you lease a modem or not, but they aren't going to provision a stolen modem. No other ISP will either. Buy a modem from a reputable source.

Contributor
douwehaga

[ Edited ]

Comcast has over 14,000 BBB complaints in the last three years. Comcast advertises on the ownyourownmodem website and there is a live link to Comcast on the ownyourownmodem website. Comcast has not given me a Yes or No answer when I ask if they consider the modem to be Comcast property and/or Stolen. I have the modem in my possesion with receipt.

I brought the modem into the local Comcast service center and explained the situation and asked them if this modem is, in fact, considered to be Comcast property. I explained here it is, in my hands, in your store and asked why will they make no attempt to retrieve the property or call the police to report it. They informed me that it is not their policy.

Comcast has instructed me to return the modem to the vendor I purchased from because it is "potentially" stolen property. By doing so Comcast is asking me to "potentially" break the law. If I consign someone to transport stolen property then I would be breaking the law and Comcast has instructed me to do so.

Comcast is playing bully and operating in unethical manner. If it is stolen then Comcast should file a police report indicating it as such. Otherwise Comcast just calling it as potenially stolen and denying me the use of a modem that I legally own.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

I have heard of Comcast claiming modems where "stolen" when they clearly were not. You might want to drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) and see if someone can help you. It's unlikley the phone reps will ever be able to help you.

With that said, I'd simply return the modem.

Email Expert
CCCarole

douwehaga,

I have escalated this to the Administrator.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
douwehaga

BTW, I have filed a case with paypal against ownyourownmodem. After reading the policy on their website they say that if the modem shows up as a Comcast lease modem just return it.

What they are saying with that statment is that they selling and shipping "potential" Comcast stolen property. If ownyourownmodem does not check the serial numbers as being "clean" before shipping to the customer then they deserve the F rating and they should not be in business.

Contributor
douwehaga

I guess you don't get it. Returning is not an option at this point. If the modem is, in fact, stolen then I would be breaking the law by consigning someone to transport stolen property.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

If it is stolen then in my opinion Comcast should provide ownyourownmodem that proof, ownyourownmodem authorizes a  refund your money, and Comcast takes their property back so it is no longer in the purchasing pipeline for some other person to go through this.

Of course that is a bit too logical but I like it.

Contributor
douwehaga

[ Edited ]

I completely agree with that and that is why I brought the modem to the Comcast store to give them the opportunity to reclaim the modem.

Also I haven't shared the whole story. Ownyourownmodem tells you to call 1-855-652-3446 instead of 1-800-XFINITY. The explanation is that the 855 call center is offshore and they will activate the modem because they have no "politcal" gain in doing so. After escalating to a supervisor at the 855 call center they added the modem to my account and activated it but they did so in a sneaky workaround. They put the modem under cable modem (it should be in the Voice and Data modem category since this is a cable and phone modem) and they did not include the serial number. Somehow they were able to activate the device and get my phone activated as well.

When I went to the Comcast service center to return the "temporary loaner" modem I told the tech that I did get my "purchased" modem working and activated. The tech said that is not right and looked at my account and showed me that things "are not right". I went home and called tech support and informed them of the concern the store tech had and the phone support tech hung up on me and my service stopped within a few minutes.

Ownyourown modem is in bed with someone within Comcast to use a sneaky way of activating these modems that Comcast still has tied to other, already closed, accounts. Once Comcast flags the sneaky workaround they rudely and abruptly suspend your service without warning.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Wow really? That's crazy. I never heard of so many problems just upgrading a modem. Nor have I heard of this "work around" before. Thanks for posting.

Contributor
douwehaga

[ Edited ]

100% true.

Crazy is that I have now 3 trips to the Comcast store and over 20 calls into Comcast tech support of which about 6 or 7 I have been hung up on and/or treated rudely with lies and ambiguous statements on what is really going on. I am now, stuck again, with a Comcast lease modem to have my phone service working. When Comcast suspended the phone, on my purchased modem, without warning they suspended my ability to contact fire, police and other emergency service which, IMHO, is criminal. 

At this point it is not about money spent on the modem it is about getting Comcast and Ownyourownmodem to behave in an ethical and responsible manner and to help others.

The mind boggling part is why is Comcast advertising and providing a live link to Comcast through the Ownyourownmodem website? There is clear conflict of interest if Ownyourownmodem is selling modems that are being flagged as Comcast lease modems.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

We have no affiliations with a company promoting stolen modems. If the modem is stolen we all know it will not work once it is reported. Customer service agents will not put a stolen modem on a customers account.
Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
douwehaga

You have not provided any useful information for this case. Comcast advertises, and has a live link to signing up for Comcast service, on the ownyourownmodem website. Comcast will not recognize me as being the owner of the modem because they are saying it is "potentially" stolen. If it is stolen then Comcast is affiliated with a company promoting stolen modems.

No one, within the Comcast organization, will give me a yes or no answer on whether or not this modem is considered as stolen or not. This is a clear attempt to use unethical business practices to stonewall me from using a device I legally own.

Contributor
douwehaga

[ Edited ]

Additionally Comcast has demonstrated inconsitency and unethical behavior on how this being handled. A supervisor did get my service working using the sneaky workaround I described. When another tech was made aware of the sneaky workaround my service was suspended without notification. This is completely out of line and it potenitally put me in unecessary danger by disabling my ability to contact emergency service. This is different than disabled service from a power outage or some physical event this disabling was a decision that was made, by a tech, without giving me any notification.

When you say customer service agents will not put stolen modems on an account yet it showed on my account, but under the wrong category, are you saying it is not stolen? If so then Comcast is stealing from me by not allowing me to use a modem I legally own. Comcast is not allowing me to use my own modem because Comcast is refusing to remove the modem from another closed account with the reason being it is "potentially stolen". Is it stolen or not?

Administrator
ComcastLarry

[ Edited ]

I apologize if you believe I didn't provide any useful information. That is just a link provided by that site. If you would like to own your modem many customers visit there local retail electronic store to purchase a new modem.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
douwehaga

[ Edited ]

I don't get what you are trying to convey here aside from stating the obvious. Many people go to many different places to buy electronics just as many people put on their own shoes everyday.

Let's stick to what is relevant. I have the modem in my possesion and it was sold to me by an online retailer. Let's stick to that fact. If Comcast is claiming they own the modem, and they can prove it, I would gladly surrender it to the local police as being stolen property (If someone sells property that is not legally theirs to sell they commit fraud and the property is classified as being stolen). Comcast is not doing that. Comcast is denying me the use of a modem which is a demonstration that they feel they own it (they are controlling its use).

I have made Comcast aware of this situation but they made no effort to claim it as their property when I brought it into the Comcast store and I gave them the opportunity to do so. When I went into the store with the modem, and with my reciept for purchase, I asked why they wouldn't they call the police if they considered it to be stolen property. The store tech said it was against their policy.

So since I have the modem in my possesion and I have a receipt for purchase and Comcast has made no effort to take possesion of it, when I gave them the opportunity, it is obvious that Comcast either has no proof of ownership, has given up rights to ownership (this happens when something is claimed as lost and it is either written off or settled with an insurance claim) and is behaving in an unethical and potential illegal manner in denying me the use of my property.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

I understand what your stating. I can look into this for you to see if the modem is stolen or not. If you could send me a PM with the mac ID we can resolve this for you.
Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Contributor
douwehaga

[ Edited ]

No need. I was able to confirm that the modem is Comcast property from a Comcast rep at: we_can_help@cable.comcast.com. I returned the modem to Comcast and got a receipt for return. I now have to deal with various agencies to interact with ownyourownmodem.com who fraudulently sold the modem.

The issue that now needs to be resolved is: I have made Comcast aware of a source that is advertising Comcast services on a website and that the source is currently offering modems for sale (without Comcast authorization) that are Comcast property; Comcast, with all their billions, should deploy some resources in protecting consumers from the scam.

I am pretty sure this is how the scam goes: Comcast bills renters for unreturned modems. The renter thinks they own the modem since they are billed for it. The renter only owns the scrap ( the plastic box and some electronics in the box) but Comcast always owns the function of the box I.E. the Serial numbers and MAC addresses associated with the numbers. Ownyourownmodem is selling modems that have Comcast owned serial numbers and MAC addresses associated with them so they are selling Comcast property without authorization (another way of saying stolen property).

Comcast claims that all modems that have Comcast or Xfinity markings on them are "not for sale" items yet ownyourownmodem has photos of modems for sale, on their website, that have the Xfinity markings on them.

Do not buy from ownyourownmodem.com!

New Visitor
HalfEmpty

I am a fairly new Comcast customer and was thinking of switching my voice line to Comcast, but I wanted to buy my own modem first. To avoid all the problems I have read about, I wanted to buy the recommended modem from the recommended vendor. I checked the website and called support, they said get the Arris TM822G from BestBuy or Brandsmart only.

Brandsmart said they don't carry it and couldn't give me any more information. BestBuy said they stopped selling it a couple of months ago, and they are removing the Comcast Kiosks from their stores.

Does anyone have any idea where to buy a Comcast sanctioned voice modem?

Thanks.

Contributor
douwehaga

Sounds like they are not available from Comcast sanctioned vendors. You can try Amazon but make sure you read through the user comments before doing so.

New Visitor
HalfEmpty

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the reply. I was hoping to find a way that wasn't a gamble and wind up with another thread like this one. Maybe in the not too distant future there will be an established distribution system again. Until then I guess I'll stick with my at&t land line.

New Visitor
Swede28

I feel your pain. I was looking into that exact issue. But for now I can tell you I went to AT&T to get their VoIP sevice for 19.99 an month for unlimited calling in the US. It was a much better deal than Comcast. theirs was 19.99 or more and I could only call a few town other than my own. Then they would charge me by the minute. With my son calling his friends cell phone that added up very quickly. 

I am resheaching if moving my internet service over to AT&T would also be a good idea.

New Visitor
mdssrnts

There is no reason you can't purchase your own modem that is compatable with comcast service.  I just did it today.  Comcast tech support is hit or miss and mostly miss.  I've come across so much contradictive information from them.  Anyway,  it took about an hour on the phone with someone who sincerely wanted to help but was not familiar with the modems and had to contact a seperate department (new department is what I was told) that dealt strictly with managing hardware associate with my account.  She had to go through several different people in that department and was nice enough not to just transfer me.  They informed her that my Zytel Docsis 3.0 was not compatable but it was.  She told me that she would call me back and handle this.  She didn't call back but I did gain access with my new modem a couple hours later.  It's faster than ever but I sure hate calling up to Comcast.

New Visitor
carmenhughey305

Comcast is attempting to charge me the monthly $7.00 rate for a modem that I already own and have owned since 2005. After a year of cable and internet service, they claim that I need to provide a reciept for this modem to prove that I own it. I told them to prove to me that they leased it to me and that I owe them. The situation is still not resolved.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I would recommend that uyou send an email to the We Can Help Team for assistance:

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number       

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

New Visitor
JillPritts

The link porvided by i-am-nerdburg, in post number3, gives a list of best buy locations supposedly carrying comcast-capable EMTAs (internet modem + voice).

This list is way, way out of date.  none of the listed locations in Michigan have them any longer.  

This link at comcast is newer, but I do not know if it is accurate:

http://www.comcast.com/digitalvoicemodem

Contributor

Get Vonage instead. You can buy their modem almost anywhere and they are 50% lower on monthly fees than comcast. Customer service is much better than comcast also. I've used Vonage for years and would not change to Comcast.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

This phone option has worked good for me. Straight Talk @ Wal-Mart $10.00 plus tax for modem/router. $10.00 plus tax per: month bill. Most of the same calling features as Comcast. This is good for me as a retired  person on a fixed income. Hope it helps others.

New Visitor
tired_of_it

I wish I had read your post earlier.  A comcast tech replaced my modem a few days ago.  He took the old one with him and did not give me a receipt.  My comcast account now shows that I have two modems and no one from comcast will acknowledge that the tech took my old one.  He was outsode doing something and made a special trip back into my house and up the stairs to ge tthe old modem and poof was gone.  I can only guess what will happen when I finally give up and cancel the lousy service and they expect me to return two modems...

New Visitor
tired_of_it

I had comcast internet and tv for about 7 years.  Four moths ago I added voice.  It has been a nightmare.  I suggest no one ever consider using comcast for voice.  There have been continual problems with voice or internet or tv.  I believe it is a basic problem with comcast trying to provide all three services. They do not seem to be up to the task and as many others have said, don't try to get your own modem, unless you like intense frustration.  I am tired of it.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

tired_of_it

Use this email address

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

The team that gets this will get it to someone local who should call you  back. You won't get a email back from Comcast from that team.

At least with the addition of the voice service you have a date of the service change. Comcast should be able to track back and find the modem. Also take a screen shot of the online accout page showing the two modems. That should show the serial numbers of both. Then with copies of your bills showing when you had regular Internet service and then when you switched over to voice you have time frame to show when the data modem was taken by the tech.

If you have any paperwork given you showing the date of the telephone service installation make copy of that also.

New Visitor
outdoorzy

I almost returned the Motorola SB6121 that I had just bought, after reading your posting. I'm glad I didn't, because it worked just fine with both my internet and Vonage service, both connected to a Linkys router with 2 phone ports, which is then connected to the new modem. I guess you don't have a router, but connects your phone line directly to the modem? Otherwise it does not make sense. IT WORKS! 10 minutes with the technician at 855 652 3446 to get it activated.

Contributor
jcwillia1

I had the exact same thing happen to me.  After I bought it I was told I needed to buy it from Best Buy and have them activate it and my thought was why would I buy anything from "Best" Buy?