New Visitor
New Visitor
tvr

Why does my cable box automatically change to EA5 (weather channel) when turned on, and not allow me to change it?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I'm wondering if you mean EAS, which is the emergency alert system.

Typically what happens when there is a test of the system or an actual alert, the channel will change. In your case it changes to the Weather channel.

When the test or alert is completed, only then will you be able to change the channel.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
New Visitor
tvr

It's been on EAS for 2 days now

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Unplug the box from the power source. Wait 30 seconds to 1 minute, plug it back in. The box will cycle on.

After it cycles, see if you can change channels.

Power cycling the box will cause the on screen guide to lose data, so you will have to let it populate. .

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
Michael652

I had the same problem with EA5 (or EAS) on the display and nothing on the the cable channels.  I unplugged it for a couple minutes, plugged it back in and it worked.