New Visitor
superdeluxe

Why are Xfinity HBO subscribers not able to view HBO GO Content?  No, instead HBO GO just directs us to Xfinity AP, where it has none of the HBO GO content and features.

And I've already tried talking to customer service, they had no clue what the problem was (First they thought Xfinity was down, then they said they couldn't help with a 3rd party function like HBO GO).

FRUSTRATING.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: HBO GO?

HBO GO is supposedly releasing an iPad app May 2 (see this).  Perhaps that will provide access for Comcast customers -- perhaps not.  :smileyconfused:

New Visitor
SilverJunction

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but the iPad app is out now and, while it lists Comcast (Xfinity) in the supported providers, it gives an error stating that Xfinity has parental controls and you cannot view the content.  Then it asks you to use the Xfinity TV app - a lot of people on the internet are complaining - so its not just me.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

It works for me, but I don't have parental controls set.
New Visitor
SilverJunction

[ Edited ]
I don't have parental controls on - I checked. Also, it wont work on my PC, iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch. I was in a meeting at work and 1/2 dozen other employees tried it out - wont work for them either. Perhaps it is geographic, but even the Comcast users that partook in the beta test of HBOGO for Xfinity can no longer use it.

UPDATE: I talked to Xfinity and they said that they will allow users to use HBOGO sometime in the near future once they are sure it is working 'to its fullest potential'.
Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Hmmm.  Strange that I can use it with iPad 2 in Seattle (although it just seems to be an alternative access to the same things I can get via the Xfinity web site).

New Visitor
superdeluxe

Yeah..I tried to use it as well, but they said I had parental controls on.

Which I don't lol.

This sucks hah.

Contributor
tmccartney

Exact same deal here.  So Comcast just has us locked out of HBO GO for now?

Contributor
tmccartney

Someone in my household discovered that you can log into HBO GO by using your "Comcast ID" instead of your comcast.net login.  Your Comcast ID is your Comcast e-mail address and password.  I have never used my Comcast e-mail address, so I had to look it up.  But apparently it works.

New Visitor
gjsmith52

Doesn't work!

Visitor
Coventryville

Kind of stupid that they market this thing so heavily and it's not ready to launch.

Been with comcast for close to 18 years and while the product has grown the service seems to be slipping away from them.

I'm a veteran Mac user and I'm rather used to dealing with so-called tech support that is somewhat incompetent, but I'm afraid of wasting my time on the phone about this.

It's sort of like "Fatal Attraction" where the sex in the elevator is great, but you have to deal with finding your pet rabbit in a stew pot from time to time.
Visitor
Coventryville

Figured this out:

On your smartphone...

1) select your cable provider.

2) choose a user name (ie: make up one, if you don't have one). This becomes your unique "GO ID".

3) enter your email address - twice - once on each line (the 2nd line is to confirm).

4) load the other info - phone # and zip.

5) logout.

6) open your browser and login to your comcast.net account, go to parental controls and verify that they're turned off and logout.

7) open HBO GO app and login - you're done.

Now you can install the app on any other of your devices easily such as an additional phone and/or iPad and you can now use the app on whichever device you choose. Works well with Airplay, too, if you're an Apple user with Airport Extreme with speakers connected.

The instructions given within the app are pretty vague, but follow these instruction and it's fairly painless.

New Visitor
gjsmith52

I can't get it to stay on the sign in page.
It comes up and then get an error page that says I can't login
Visitor
Coventryville

This happened to me, too;

TRY THIS:

logout out of the app completely.

go back in and choose your cable provider then reload your info including your username (HBO GO) SAVE CHANGES (button at the bottom of the page).

LOGOUT OF THE APP

Open your browser, log in to comcast.net and verify that parental controls are OFF. Then log out.

now, re-open the app.

hit the gear shaped icon at the top right of the screen.

this will take you to the settings page.

hit the "go profile" button. 

Verify that your info is accurate. (my sense is that your GO ID, email & comdirm email and zipcode are absolutely imperative). Save your changes, if you made any.

back out (back button @ top left) and go to the home screen.

look for the sign in/out button at the bottom right.

if it reads "sign out" then hit it and sign back in.

It should work.

New Visitor
thejoeb

[ Edited ]

When I first downloaded this app on my thunderbolt it worked fine, but after playing maybe 3 videos it now will not play any more and says I have another stream running on another device on this account, when I only have one device, so that is not the case.

Tried to delete and reinstall the app but it just keeps having the same error message when I try to open any video content.

The error message reads "This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later."

done all I can and tried agian later... still get the message.  Any ideas whats going on here? Ive read many reviews on the app market for this app saying the same problem, but no one seems to have any solutions.

Comcast...? There is no support inherent to the HBO GO app itself aside from the standard help FAQs which told me to close the non existant streams that are supposedly running elsewhere.

would be a cool app if it worked.

Email Expert
CCCarole

I've notified the Administrator for some assistance. Watch for a reply please.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Regular Contributor

This is awful.

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab - GT-1010 - (WiFi only).

Froyo, Android 2.2.

Checked the HBO Go screen,, it should be supported.

I set up my HBO account on with my PC.

Downloaded the HBO App.

When I try to login, on the Android APP I get:

Sorry!

The Application HBO GO (process com.HBO)

has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Start                   Report

Then after selecting Force Start,

I select the HBO Go APP, and then I

can see graphical images of shoes I can select.

I click on one then I get a window that says:

Then logged out and in, got selection graphics

Want more HBO ?

HBO GO

Either way, if I try to login, I once again get the error message window:

The Application HBO GO (process com.HBO)

has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Force Start                   Report

Is there any tech support option I can go to, even with the advertised 100% tech support guaranty I see advertised on TV, I can't find a phone number or a place that I can find out what is going on.

Thanks,

Jon

Regular Contributor

Re: HBO is a NO GO for Comcast/Xfinity?

I know is seems rather "narcissistic" to reply to your own posting, but I had to share this with others.

Since my forum queries as well as email queries haven't worked, I thought I would call Comcast/Xfinity (they do advertise a 100% guaranty).

The first person was sympathetic, but needed to pass me over to the Xfinity Mobile networking area.

Went over the problems with the "networking expert" and tried then while online.Same login problems.

Then he told me that I needed to be passed over to the HBO GO group.

Okay, thats fine.

He passed me over and I didn't think about asking for a direct number for the alledged HBO mobile App group(if there really is one). 

After hearing a loud advertisement for Comcast on the phone, a operator's voice came on and told me that the number I was being transferred to was invalid, please try the toll free number again, and I was disconnected.

Well, heck, I know the generic toll free number, but I don't know the number of the group that I was being sent to.

I just hung up and laughed about it.Out of energy.

Try again another day.

Jon

New Visitor
thejoeb

Re: HBO is a NO GO for Comcast/Xfinity?

Jon- Thats par for the course with Comcast CS. I have been hung up on several times - I notice especially when you ask to elevate to someone senior, the CS thinks its funny to just disconnect you instead. After wasting no less then 1.5 full work days of my time on my initial package hookup due to missed appts, and multiple trips out just for a simple install, they did however credit my account 20 dollars... which pays me back for about 0.6 of one hour of my flex time I had to take off work to wait for their service calls/missed appts... needless to say I was/am not very satisfied nor do I hold much faith in their customer service now or in the future.

To follow up with my issue, the HBO GO service was back up and running the following day after the post I made above, and as long as I dont stop or otherwise try to not watch a movie or show in its entirety, the service does not repeat the error, but if I try to stop or otherwise back out of any choice I made to begin a show/movie, the service will not stop streaming that movie until the run time is over, regardless of if I stopped and backed out to try and start another movie/show, it will continue to stream the first choice in the background, and produce the same error.

New Visitor
Necshs11

I agree!! Have spoken with Xfinity customer service, Apple customer service, but refused the $49.95 fee for signature service. I am an HBO subscriber via Xfinity and am told in an Xfinity message on the app that I am not subscribed to HBO and therefore cannot view the content. wassup?!?! This app is so cool and I hate having to use the TV or computer only. FIX THIS Xfinity ASAP
Visitor
MixMasterE

I was very excited to have this app on my Samsung Vibrant. It worked fine until I tried to watch something on my PC using the same Go ID. I get the "This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later." It comes up even when I logged out on my phone, shut the app down, and even uninstalled it from my phone. I still can't watch on my PC. I think Comcast just doesn't want to give the bandwidth. 

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Sorry for the late response All-

Has anyone got this issue resolved. Please let me know.

Thanks,

-ComcastLarry-

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Visitor
MixMasterE

I got it to work on my PC and was able to watch Game of Thrones, while having the app on my phone(not logged in).Yeay!

New Visitor
mklooster

Ok, so I have spent the better part of an hour trying to get HBO go to work on my mac desktop. I can log in, but all whenever I try to watch something all I get is a message saying that it is optimizing video... and this message stays on the screen indefinitely. What a huge disappointment. The customer service people - 2 on im and 1 on the phone didn't have a clue what was going on, nor did they seem to make much of an effort to figure it out. All I could get was a suggestion that I call HBO. I wonder if AT&T U-verse works any better?

Regular Contributor

Samsung Galaxy Tab GT-P1010 (WiFi only) - Froyo

It has been a while, so I thought I would give it another try.

• Validated my HBO Go account from my Win 7 PC

• Removed my App from my Galaxy Tab.

• Re-installed a fresh HBO Go app from the Android Market.

• Checked the configuration on my Galaxy Tab and made sure it was set to
    only look at WiFi.

• Ran the App and happily saw some videos I could choose from.

• Clicked on the > from one of them, then got a window asking me to either

• Both do the same thing, I get an error window in blue saying:
    Sorry
    The application HBO GO (process com.HBO) has stopped
    expectedly. Please try again.
    Two buttons: Force close and Report

• Force Close brings me back to the start of HBO Go.

• This time on the bottom button and then Sign In.

• When I select Sign In I get the same error Window:
    Sorry
    The application HBO GO (process com.HBO) has stopped
    expectedly. Please try again.
    Two buttons: Force close and Report

It is discouraging and I am not the only one with this.

I think it is related to the same issue I am having where I cannot use the Xfinity TV application because of the error message I get when I try to sign in on that one.

I have a error ID for this, haven't received help on it and haven't bothered to call Comcast back on the Call Id. I am focusing first on trying to get the Xfinity TV app to work.

Thanks.

Jon

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified the Administrator of your post.  Please watch for a reply in your Thread early in the business week.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
theredfisherman

I get the same error. Annoying.

"This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later."

New Visitor
aphexacid

I getting this as well. whose fault is it? Hbo? comcast?

no one is logged in at all.

"This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later."

FIX PLEASE!

New Visitor

HBO GO is great on the PC or IPhone...but I want to stream it to my Sony TV directly...is this possible?

Or has Comcast locked that out to prevent cannibalization of services?

It should stream just like Pandora and Netflix in my opinion, allowing me to use the TV remote to select/control programming.

HBO Comcast on Demand just plain sux compared to HBO Go.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

-

Our engineer team has been notified and is working on a resolution.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

aphexacid,

On you post, I believe that it would be impossible to get help or help anyone if you don't list any specifics on your posts.

For example, specifically what mobile device are you using?
What version of Android are you using.

It would have to be assumed that anyone posting in this thread is a Comcast subscriber, is paying for HBO as a premium station with Comcast and has at least one compatible Set-Top box that they are renting from Comcast.

I think that it is assumed that we would be frustrated, but this forum is more about helping each find solutions.

Jon

New Visitor
theredfisherman

I am using my macbook pro. Chrome browser. I have it installed on my android. But was not trying to use it simultaneously. I get the error " your GOID is playing on another device....."

What else do you need? 

Regular Contributor

Thanks Larry.

I am going to send you an update to the issue that you graciously got involved in, with the inability to get the Android Xfinity App's inability to work. I have a feeling that the HBO Go situation is similar.

Jon

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

MixMasterE wrote:
I got it to work on my PC and was able to watch Game of Thrones, while having the app on my phone(not logged in).Yeay!

MixMasterE,

On the bottom of your post, it says that you made your post from a Samsung Tab GT-P1000.

You have it working from your Samsung Galaxy Tablet GT-P1000 that uses Froyo ??

Are you doing through the the Android HBO GO app or through your web browser?

I wish I knew how it could work with the Android App, if there isn't a login ??

The login allows the HBO GO setup that was done on a PC to work. Without a login, there is no

way that that Comcast can validate that you have a HBO subscripotion.

PLEASE tell me more !!

Jon

Regular Contributor

mklooster wrote:

Ok, so I have spent the better part of an hour trying to get HBO go to work on my mac desktop. I can log in, but all whenever I try to watch something all I get is a message saying that it is optimizing video... and this message stays on the screen indefinitely. What a huge disappointment. The customer service people - 2 on im and 1 on the phone didn't have a clue what was going on, nor did they seem to make much of an effort to figure it out. All I could get was a suggestion that I call HBO. I wonder if AT&T U-verse works any better?

mklooster ,

Has this issue be fixed ?

The Mac problem (and I don't have a Mac), sounds like a buffering problem. I do a lot of multi-media work and when distributing video, buffering can be a great challange. For any types of computers, for playing video, there needs to be a large arera of open, non-fragmented disk space, to allow for a temp area for the video to be buffered to the computer. Ram and a slow connection can effect it as well.

What is a AT&T Uverse ?

Jon

Visitor
MixMasterE

Hi Jon. I don't have a Samsung Galaxy Tab. That tag line is on your messages. I have a Samsung Vibrant cell and a PC that I've used HBO GO on. I'm sorry you're having so many issues. I do have FROYO that I updated when it became available. The app takes you to the xfinity login page, then back to HBO go.
Visitor
MixMasterE

I forgot to mention: uverse is an Internet system from at&t that is only available in upper-middle class and up markets. For this reason, the average person doesn't have access to it. They deny this, but for the most part, it's true. They tout DSL access without a phone. The access points are weird. Your neighbor can have it, but not you if are too far from the hub.
New Visitor
bigbishop69

Mine is saying that my "GO ID is currently being used by another device to stream video," and that I should "terminate those [imaginary] streams first" or "try later."  This service sucks.  No support at all with the "help" menus, just standard blah either for idiots or those who just bought their first computer.  very dissatisfied.

New Visitor
JayWonGz

The error message reads "This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later."

Today I was watching Go on my phone and then boom I could not watch anymore, and I started getting your error. I tried logging in and out and nothing worked. I even tried other devices and computers. There was also nobody else using the service as I was watching it prior to not being able to access it. The app needs a lot of work. However I was able to narrow the problem down. When I was watching initially I was watching on 4g. The next time I looked at my status bar on my phone I was on 3g.

However when 4g was available I was able to login and use the service on the device I was using when the problem started. I was also able to sign out and then begin watching on other devices again. Either the App associates your ID with an IP and only lets that IP use the service until is logged out. Or (hopefully) there is a time to live on IDs or theoretically you will receive that message indefinitely until you can figure out how to log in under your original conditions before the problem occurred. Problem is if you forget what device you were on or the lease expires you are screwed. In other words this app is severely flawed.

Hope it helps.

New Visitor
JayWonGz

see my post.

New Visitor
pieovertwo

For the error "This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device".

1. Log off HBO GO.

2. Delete your cookies within your browser. 

In Firefox, i can selectively delete just cookies from Comcast.NET and HBOGO.COM.  

3. Log back in and enjoy the show.  :smileycool:

I have seen the issue multiple times and each time this has worked for me.

New Visitor
CharlieAlt

[ Edited ]

I watched a movie on HBO GO and it worked great but the error "This HBO GO ID is playing video on another computer or device" appeared for me yesterday and I could not get around it.

The site wouldn't work even when I emptied my cookies and history or with a different browser, so it wasn't browser related. The site would not work for me on either of my machines, so it wasn't computer related. I changed my comcast password for my account to assure that if another computer or device was using my ID then it would quit working for them but this made no difference. Somehow HBO GO thought I still had a connection open.

The resolution was to reset my Comcast modem. I believe that by closing my browser without signing out of the site when I finished watching my initial movie cause the connection to somehow stay alive. Since we route our family network traffic through a router connected to the Comcast modem, this router is the one device HBO GO sees and it apparently did not close out the connection.

Good luck everyone.

New Visitor
TT42

After several weeks of using HBOGO on the web without any trouble whatsoever, I finally got around to trying out the Android app.  10 minutes into my first video, playback suddenly stopped and wouldn't restart (connected via Wi-Fi on my Xfinity Internet).  I quit the app (without signing out) and restarted it, after which I started seeing the same error mentioned by others in this thread: "This GO ID is playing video on another computer or device. Please stop the previous video stream or try again later."  After that, any method of accessing HBOGO gave the same error.

After Comcast Live Chat was unable to address the problem, they directed me to the Special Projects Customer Care at 877-761-5017.  The agent seemed to be familiar with this "stuck session" issue, and advised me to clear cache/cookies on my Android browser, which immediately resolved the issue.  The agent also acknowledged that HBOGO's treatment of session information is not without bugs, and assured me that the issue has been reported to the HBO folks.

New Visitor
New Visitor

[ Edited ]

On Android, clearing the cache isn't so simple if you're using the app, but it seemed to fix the issue.

Hard reset the device to make sure HBO Go isn't still running.  Use a file explorer program (I use Root Explorer, but there are others for non-root users) and navigate to /sdcard/Android/data/com.HBO/ (or just /Android/data/com.HBO/ if you aren't rooted) and delete the cache directory.  Recreate a new directory there called "cache" if you want.  Voila!

New Visitor
Turner7326

I have a problem with iPhone 3GS and hbo go. I'm running 4.3.2 with 05.16.02 modem firmware on AT&T 10.0 carrier on h20 network. I got to watch about 2 minutes of a video I didn't want to watch and so I switched to another video and every since all I get is an hbo logo moving around, a notification about optimizing the video and then, " we're sorry. Some videos may not be available at this time. We are working on this issue and hope to have it resolved some time shortly." anybody know what I should do or who to talk to?
New Visitor

is there any way that i can get hbo through my roku? I have hbo through comcast.

New Visitor
nanderson9

Why can't we get HBO Go on Roku? Many other cable providers are cooperating, why not Comcast/Xfinity?

New Visitor
nanderson9

HBO GO for Roku. Please let us have it. Xfinity on-demand is incomplete and the interface blows.

New Visitor
tennisdog1

Why can't HBOGO be streamed through Roku?????????

New Visitor
archiedune

[ Edited ]

HBO GO workied fine on my Andoird 3 phone for weeks now when i start movie it shows HBOGO on the screen and than goes back to the home page.  Movies never play.

Latest Update fixed the problem