New Visitor
graspen

Re: HBO GO?

So, we just got a Roku and it seems as if Comcast is pretty much the only major cable provider that doesn't support using HBO GO with the Roku.  Why is this, and are there plans to change this soon?  We're not on a long-term Comcast contract at the moment and this could honestly push us towards looking at other options in the near future.  HBO GO was pretty much a top 3 reason to get a Roku, but Comcast doesn't support the combo when all other cable providers do.  I hope somebody out there is doing the math on this one.

New Visitor
lauracf

I agree! Thinking I could get HBO GO on my Roku was a significant factor in my decision to sign up for HBO, and it was a big disappointment to discover it wasn't available. (I thought I'd done my research and seen that XFinity was compatible with HBO Go, but it never occurred to me that they'd block it from working on all devices.) If it doesn't become available soon, I will have to reconsider my HBO subscription.

Contributor

HBO Go is still not available on Roku or any other device capable at streaming channels if Comcast is your service provider. While the world has moved ahead with Internet ready TVs Comcast seems to be the only provider that is not listed as being available on the hbogo.com site. I spent 45 mins last night on a Coamcast customer service chat and they seemed to be unaware of the problem or if a solution was in the works. Too bad Comcast.
New Visitor
AnaCapri29

NO HBO ONLINE??!  Internet Explorer is the problem!!!  I've been trying to get this fixed for over a month and they kept telling me it was my computer.  I finally called back today and said I can't watch HBO online and she told me it was an internet explorer issue that they were working on and to go through CHROME or FIREFOX or any other internet browser.  They're working on and update but until them you just have to go in another way!  I'm so excited it finally works.  I went in through Chrome and it worked right away!  By far the best conversation/transaction I've ever had with Comcast!  The woman that helped me was awesome and the HR or PR guy they sent me to next was even better.  Super helpful, no skirting the issue, just direct, helpful and done.  Comcast just came back into my good graces!

Contributor

Watching HBO Go  through a computer is not the way most people want to watch televisionHBO Go should be available by Comcast to be viewed on a television through Roku, an Internet ready TV, etcThat's why most people have a HD large screen televisionIf you go to the HBO Go website they list many television providers that provide HBO Go to be viewed on a televisionComcast is not one of them.   HBO Go states you should contact your TV provider (Comcast) to provide this service.

I for do not want to watch HBO Go on my iPhone or Laptop as my only optionsComcast's On Demand product only offers a fraction of what HBO Go has to offer.

New Visitor
mike-ss1

It appears that Comcast is not allowing access to HBOGo through the new Samsung App.  I am not very happy with this decision, as a paying customer.  I would be okay if Comcast had ALL of the same content On Demand.  THis is frustrating!

New Visitor
GloriousHelen

I can watch HBOGO just perfectly on my iPad or iPhone. Just download app from the AppStore.

I tried getting the show I was watching on my iPad on to my Samsung TV using 1) Apple TV, 2) AirPlay, 3) plugging iPad into the HDMI cable coming from the TV. NO JOY!!!! Grrr.  The HDMI cable came the closest to working, but I got a message saying something like my device is not supported.

How lame is this??? Pleeeeeze fix.

New Visitor

Comcast, please make this available. We pay for HBO as a premium channel. If your competitors offer it, then you should too OR offer the same programming that is available on HBO GO. Please note, this makes your customers very unhappy.

Contributor
DrMojo

[ Edited ]

Here's some good news on the horizon....

Xfinity has rolled out Xfinity on Samsung Smart Hub (December 6, 2013), but it is only for 4 models released in 2013, at present. There are more Samsung Smart Hub apps in development for other models and generations. It features VOD content (no live streaming). This was their initial foray into the project and they are quite pleased with their end results.

The next bit of news concerns both HBOGo on Roku and Samsung Smart Hubs. They are in development. We just need to be patient as each device/TV/BD has its own unique hardware, OS and firmware. There's little commonality with regard to platforms.

Licensing agreements are required for Smart Hub and Roku apps. So this process will come but will take time.