Visitor
ronbout

How do I cancel my service?

How do I cancel my service and receive a full refund?  I just started service and was promised Streampix service with my Blast Plus subscription.  

I have the original documentation stating that I would be receiving Streampix.  We are several days into my service and I am still unable to access the Streampix.  Every time I call or chat, I get the runaround, with no answer.

This is disgraceful behaviour from a company.  This bait and switch technique is not legal.

I will simply go to a more reputable, honest company.  So, can someone please inform me how to cancel and, since I was never given the service I paid for, how to get a full refund?

Thank you.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: How do I cancel my service?

Hello,

The BEST way to cancel, if you use Comcast equipment (in your case a modem) is to disconnect the equipment and take it to the local office if there is one in your area. Turn it in, tell them to cancel the internet, and get a returned equipment receipt. While the receipt probably won't say "service cancelled" you can have someone note on it that it was cancelled effective such and such date. That receipt will be important for another reason.

When your equipment is picked up or turned in, GET A RETURNED EQUIPMENT RECEIPT. Make sure it documents that what you returned is a modem or tv boxes. If there are any stickers with serial or MAC numbers, make sure those numbers are on the receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place, don't forget where you put it. Keep it until the middle of the next century. In the past, Comcast has billed customers for equipment that had been returned. Sometimes they lose track of the equipment and the receipt will be your proof that you turned it in to Comcast.

If you ship the equipment to Comcast, record tracking numbers.  Keep those numbers in a safe place. You will need them later if Comcast bills you for the equipment.

You can also check the status of shipped items on the delivery company webpage. When you see it was delivered, print screen the delivery status. UPS also offers Track By Email. Use that option. You'll be notified when it is delivered. Save the email-again this will be proof it was received by Comcast.

Print out the delivery confirmation (if your computer crashes and you lose the info the print out will be your proof of return) This should also be kept in a safe place where you can get to it if needed.

I know from experience that having the receipts can save you a lot of headaches. I was able to pull out my receipts when a collection agency notified me I owed for Comcast equipment that had been returned.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

One of the experts here can tell you more than me. If it were me I would walk all of Comcasts equipment through Comcast office door. Ask Comcast for a receipt for the returned equipment. Make sure that the model numbers and serial numbers is printed on the Comcast receipt. If you have had service less than 30 days tell the Comcast office you would  like your money back.

Keep your receipt in a safe place for the next 120 years. Comcast in a month or two will try to bill you for it.

We make the following guarantees to our customers:

We will give you a 30-day, money-back guarantee on our video, voice or high-speed services.   If you’re not satisfied with these services and wish to cancel for any reason, you can do so in the first 30 days and get your money back. Simply return all equipment in good working order and we’ll refund the monthly recurring fee for your first 30 days of service and any charges you paid for standard installation.

Visitor
ronbout

Thanks so much for your advice.  That is exactly what I will do.  I have waited 2 weeks to receive the services that I paid for to no avail.  I am typing this on the AT&T service that I received yesterday.