New Visitor

How to watch Netflix movies on my Comcast TV screen

How can I watch Netflix movies on my TV screen?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: How to watch Netflix movies on my Comcast TV screen

[ Edited ]

You need some equipment such as TiVo, plus wired or wireless internet connection, to access the Netflix streaming content.  See this Netflix page for more details.

Email Expert

[ Edited ]

You don't need a TiVo. Netflix can download to a PC, and you can connect your PC to the TV with an HDMI or S-Video cable.

WE, your link doesn't work. It looks like you put "this Netflix page", rather than the actual URL, in the URL box.

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

You're right.  I fixed it.  :smileysilly:

Email Expert

And if you click on How It Works there, you'll see that you can watch Netflix streaming on a PC or Mac. And as I said above, you can connect the video output of the PC to your TV.

Visitor

The option of connecting your computer to your TV is only viable if you have a laptop or have your PC next to your TV.  If that's not the case for you a Roku box is the easiest, cheapest way to go about it.  The HD versions are about $100, connect via HDMI, and are easy to sync with your wireless network.  There are a lot of Blu-Ray players that are capable of streaming Netflix too.  Or if you have a Wii, Go here and request a Netflix disc that allows you to stream it on your Wii.  XBox 360's and PS3 are also netflix streamers too.  

I believe the link WarEagle was trying to send you to is this one.

There's a lot of different ways to do it.  Hope you find a way that works for you.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg