Visitor
nativeson1

I HATE COMCAST!!!!

I have been a Comcast customer for more years than I would like to have been. In my community there is no competition except for dish and that's not possible at my home.  Comcast is operating a virtual monopoly and they know it.

I split my bill into two (2) equal payments each month.  I always pay online through the Comcast website and save the confirmations for at least six (6) months. 

For the month of June, I made a payment on June 2 and again on June 8.  On the account page it shows my account at $0 which tells me that my account is paid in full. But if I scroll down further, it shows a payment pending for the balance of the account.  Only one online check payment has cleared my account and that was on June 12. There is no way to determine which payment this is even though Comcast states clearly on the payment page that it will take only 24 hours to post to the account and according to the morons on the Customer Service phone line, it takes 48 hours to process.  

An email was sent to Customer Service and some chick named Katrina emailed me back to inform me that the pending payment was the result of incorrect credit card information being entered for my payment.  That's a great comfort to me, Katrina, since I don't use a credit card to pay my monthly bill.

So today I call Comcast since email doesn't seem to get anything accomplished and the chick who took my call and talked so fast that it seemed she was on meth, caffeine and coke told me that my "check" had been returned.  This is news to me since my bank has not charged a return check fee. 

These people don't listen nor do they pay attention.  It's get 'em on the line and get off as fast as possible and the customer be danged.  In addition, if a customer calls customer service to speak to a "Customer Care Executive" and there is "a high volume of calls", the automated phone system will automatically cut the caller off, forcing repeat calls until the customer decides to just give up and let Comcast win. 

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: I HATE COMCAST!!!!

You might want to can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) and let them know how you feel. 

New Visitor

I HATE COMCAST !!!  it is like talking to a blank wall.....I wish I had another option for service ? Verizon is just as bad. God I wish I knew how to change the human aspect of communication so that it actually excist.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

nativeson, A bit of friendly advice: Please do not use the small font size in your posts. It's difficult to see and read.

Some people have vision problems and larger font size (at least the default size) is better on the eyes. I am one of them.

I really do want to help people. In order to do so I need to be able to easily read what is written. When I see font that small I won't read the post.

Make it easy for us to help you.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

Like Queen-Evie small fonts is hard to read. I can only speak for my self on this. First i an not an expert,and i am not cheer leader for Comcast like some here is.(Not all) Myself and others live in a Comcast only Community. Comcast can charge more,and give less service. Comcast needs to do a lot of work on customer service.

Bronze Star Contributor
npersn31

nativeson1 wrote:

I have been a Comcast customer for more years than I would like to have been. In my community there is no competition except for dish and that's not possible at my home.  Comcast is operating a virtual monopoly and they know it.

I split my bill into two (2) equal payments each month.  I always pay online through the Comcast website and save the confirmations for at least six (6) months. 

For the month of June, I made a payment on June 2 and again on June 8.  On the account page it shows my account at $0 which tells me that my account is paid in full. But if I scroll down further, it shows a payment pending for the balance of the account.  Only one online check payment has cleared my account and that was on June 12. There is no way to determine which payment this is even though Comcast states clearly on the payment page that it will take only 24 hours to post to the account and according to the morons on the Customer Service phone line, it takes 48 hours to process.  

An email was sent to Customer Service and some chick named Katrina emailed me back to inform me that the pending payment was the result of incorrect credit card information being entered for my payment.  That's a great comfort to me, Katrina, since I don't use a credit card to pay my monthly bill.

So today I call Comcast since email doesn't seem to get anything accomplished and the chick who took my call and talked so fast that it seemed she was on meth, caffeine and coke told me that my "check" had been returned.  This is news to me since my bank has not charged a return check fee. 

These people don't listen nor do they pay attention.  It's get 'em on the line and get off as fast as possible and the customer be danged.  In addition, if a customer calls customer service to speak to a "Customer Care Executive" and there is "a high volume of calls", the automated phone system will automatically cut the caller off, forcing repeat calls until the customer decides to just give up and let Comcast win. 

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!

Nativeson, Just so Evie can read it I have copied your post larger below:

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!

This font is the third one available and it is much easier to read. Just click on Font size and a menu appears with different size fonts.

Npersn31

New Visitor
losborne00

"You might want to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) and let them know how you feel. "

Surely you are joshing with the above comment. They won't help and they don't care has been my experience.

Visitor
nativeson1

Thank you to all who replied.  Following your advice I am and will remember to use a larger font.  Scout's Honor!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Those of us who have eyes that are not 18 anymore thank you. For most of us the default font size works well.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
bucktoff

[ Edited ]

I have a hearing loss. When I call, I can't hear the prompts so I just randomly push numbers to get someone. And they're never in the right department. And when I do get someone, I can't understand what they say. I explain my situation and ask if they'd speak slowly and plainly. They NEVER do. I ask for someone to help me then they either hang up on me or put me on hold until I have to hang up and try

again. 

This time I asked for someone in the corporate office instead of a call center. Woman connected me to a recording - and, of couirse, I couldn't hear what the recording was saying.

I called back and I asked for the number to the corporate office and was told there wasn't one. 

Speaking slowly and plainly is a "reasonable accommodation" according to the Americans with Disabilities Act. Comcast walks all over that. 

On top of the poor service, the rates keep going up. My cable is three times more than it was when I had it connected five years ago with fewer channels - but MORE shopping channels. Customer service never seems to improve with the increases.

First new company that rolls through town, I'm hopping on it.

New Visitor
Retiring2012

I've been a customer for years. Several times I've called and asked to have my bill/service reduced, because I hear all the time how people have lower bills than I do. I've been paying $150 a month. Every time I call I get a difference answer, and I wished I had kept all the names of those I've talked too. I called 1 week ago, and asked about canceling, and the young man told me there wasn't a cancellation fee. And of course I have no proof of that call. Why don't we somehow get the privileged of taping them when we call in, there is always two sides to the story. So I went out and bought two antennas, and I get 30 stations, I bought a streamer and antenna. They both work fantastic, clear as a bell picture. So I unplugged everything and called them. I won't say anything about the representative she did what she had to do. But of course, as usual, oh yes, there was a cancellation fee. Apparently I tried to call to get my service lower, and to them that is signing a new contract, which they said they played back the verbal of me agreeing to it all. How stupid of ME, honestly I don't remember and all I got it reduced to was from $150 to $137, big Whoop! Comcast can't just treat us like people, they have to make us feel stupid and sucker into the "temptations" of lowering our bill, but making sure we cancel something or another or it goes up, and that's just what they plan on us doing, forgetting. I don't look at my bill, my fault, I unplugged my phone, never used it, but to get rid of any of the parts of the service, you unbundle it and it's more. Go figure. Can't do anything about it. They have a way of trapping you into their wonderful service. Of all the stations I maybe watched 13 of them, I will miss some of them, but I won't miss dealing with Comcast and their ways. It's a shame, but I should have been wiser, but again they focus on us stupid customers. The only thing I hate is when you call you never get the same answer. I'm an honest person, I've cried tears over this. I'm just trying to lower my bills, because I've worked HARD all my live raised 5 children by myself and I want to retire, but I can't afford $150 and a contract. I thought they said they weren't doing contract any longer. My last phone call with them, they said they could help to lower the bill, and I didn't listen, because you know what? Yup, I would have gone for it again, and been in another contract, and I don't pay attention it will be $300 a month. Thank heavens for good ole antennas. I wish everyone would get them, and let them worry for once about $150 instead of me. Yes I fell apart, but it was like one last stab in the heart to hear the word "fees" and contract" and we mailed it to you. If it went to my email....I didn't use that either. Big fool. Just keep your eyes open and check out your options, antenna’s aren't all that bad, we watch too much TV anyway. OH...another thing, notice all the little payments for this and that, it's a wonder they don't charge us for calling them. So long, happy trails and goodbye Comcast, I really did like the service, it was just too much service. Oh yes I have to pay to close, and I’ll send the payment in I wouldn't do that to you, and I'll gather my equipment, oh wonder how much I paid for all that.

Recognized Contributor
Bill-1948

when your equipment is picked up or turned in, GET A RETURNED EQUIPMENT RECEIPT. Make sure it documents that what you returned is a modem or tv boxes. If there are any stickers with serial or MAC numbers, make sure those numbers are on the receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place, don't forget where you put it. Keep it until the middle of the next century. In the past, Comcast has billed customers for equipment that had been returned. Sometimes they lose track of the equipment and the receipt will be your proof that you turned it in to Comcast.   If you ship the equipment to Comcast, record tracking numbers. Keep those numbers in a safe place. You will need them later if Comcast bills you for the equipment. You can also check the status of shipped items on the delivery company webpage. When you see it was delivered, print screen the delivery status. UPS also offers Track By Email. Use that option. You'll be notified when it is delivered. Save the email-again this will be proof it was received by Comcast.   Print out the delivery confirmation (if your computer crashes and you lose the info the print out will be your proof of return) This should also be kept in a safe place where you can get to it if needed. I know from experience that having the receipts can save you a lot of headaches. I was able to pull out my receipts when a collection agency notified me I owed for Comcast equipment that had been returned.      

Credit to Queen Evie for the post above regarding returning equipment.

Keep you reciptes in a safe place for the next 120 years.

New Visitor
Retiring2012

Thank you for the good advise

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

losborne00 wrote:

"You might want to contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) and let them know how you feel. "

Surely you are joshing with the above comment. They won't help and they don't care has been my experience.

The corporate customer service ppl are the best shot at getting problems resolved. At least someone from Comcast will read the complaint. Comcast employees may not see posts in the forums.

Email Expert
madylarian

Message removed. Do not spam forum with the same message.

Contributor
stripehead

A funny thing happens when you hold 'CTRL' and use the scroll wheel/button.  Maybe the comcast 'fans' should pay for their own premium platinum gold tier whatever computer support they con people into.