Contributor
mikezuco

IMAGINARY RECOVERY KIT

It's been about a month now since I have requested to be sent an equipment recovery kit to send in what the technician forgot to take with him.  I have received about 5 automated calls in the past 4 weeks trying to confirm that I have received these boxes. I think they are invisible boxes and I am not able to see them.  COMCAST is attempting to tell me that I have to pay to either have a technician come out here and pick up what he forgot or have another set of boxes sent back.  Sounds pretty stupid, I know.  I cannot take them in myself to a service center and I have asked others but to no avail.  I wonder if this "On Process" company is even a real gig...they are the ones that keep saying they will send out another and another and another recovery kit.  They love to pass the buck and transfer me to COMCAST who the tries to nickel and dime for their mistakes.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: IMAGINARY RECOVERY KIT

[ Edited ]

Mike, I am reporting your issue to the forum admin. Please check back here for a reply from him.

Take it to the Comcast office.

When your equipment is picked up or turned in, GET A RETURNED EQUIPMENT RECEIPT. Make sure it documents that what you returned is a modem or tv boxes. If there are any stickers with serial or MAC numbers, make sure those numbers are on the receipt. Keep the receipt in a safe place, don't forget where you put it. In the past, Comcast has billed customers for equipment that had been returned. Sometimes they lose track of the equipment and the receipt will be your proof that you turned it in to Comcast.

If you ship the equipment to Comcast, record tracking numbers. Keep those numbers in a safe place. You will need them later if Comcast bills you for the equipment.

You can also check the status of shipped items on the delivery company webpage. When you see it was delivered, print screen the delivery status. UPS also offers Track By Email. Use that option. You'll be notified when it is delivered. Save the email-again this will be proof it was received by Comcast.

Print out the delivery confirmation (if your computer crashes and you lose the info the print out will be your proof of return) This should also be kept in a safe place where you can get to it if needed.

If a tech picks up your equipment, get a receipt from the tech. Again, make sure it documents what is being sent with the tech. This should also be kept in a safe place.

I know from experience that having the receipts can save you a lot of headaches. I was able to pull out my receipts when a collection agency notified me I owed for Comcast equipment that had been returned.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Re: IMAGINARY RECOVERY KIT

I've asked that our Regional office look into this and circle back to you no later than Monday afternoon.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin