New Visitor
dana257

Internet Service Activation Problem

Hello,

I have been trying to have my new cable internet activated for a couple of days now with no success. On every call with the service reps, when we get to the step of entering an email address, the system responds that the email address is in use. I have tried what was my old comcast email address and new ones and nothing works. The problem has been referred to "tier 2" support but it still is not fixed and not even a callback with status. Does anybody know any problems or a work around?

Thanks

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Internet Service Activation Problem

[ Edited ]

I have notified the Administrator of your problem, but he won't see it until Monday.  In the meantime, can you send him an email with all of the information?  Full name, service adddress, a phone number where you can be reached easily, your Comcast Account number, and a link to this thread.  Send this to:

Detreon_Roberts@comcast.com

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Are you using the install cd? That's the only thing I know that you may need your email address for.

It should be simple matter for Comcast to provision the modem, WITHOUT the use of the cd.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

HI Michael – I’m really sorry about the experience. It does not look as if there are internet service on your account. Did you call in to cancel the service this morning? If so, I’d need to add the service back to your account to get the modem to work properly.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Placeholder

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin