New Visitor
FrostySumo

Is this Door to Door Deal Real or a Scam?

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone,

I currently have Comcasts 12mbps performance internet package (it costs me roughly $67.00 a month). Today I got a visit from a comcast door to door sales rep.  He told me that I could get a Blast 20mbps internet connection for less then I am paying currently (he says it would cost me $39.99 + $7.00 modem rental fee per month).  He also informed me that they would upgrade my modem as well. 

I agreed that this would be a great deal.  He then told me that he could bring me the new modem on Friday (today is Wednesday) and that after he hooks it up I would have to call and change me service over to Blast. I agreed and he then filled out a Xfinity service order fourm. After he finished filling out the form he gave me a yellow copy and as far as I can tell it looks very offical (all the important info is filled out, ect...). He then said he would see me on Friday between 1:00 and 3:00 pm.

My concern is that this deal seems to good to be true.  Nothing about the salesman seemed off though. He was very polite and had an offical comcast contractor ID as well as a clipboard.  He also knew who was on the account and what service we currently have (he even knew how much we pay each month). He didn't ask for any downpayments or signatures. 

I just wanted to make sure I am not being scammed in some way. Any help with this would be awesome.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Re: Is this Door to Door Deal Real or a Scam?

do a search on the forum for door to door sales and you will find a lot of people with issues.  They tell you one thing, when your bill comes its another, comcast can't honor the deal and the sales guy is no where to be found.   Be cautious.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

Re: Is this Door to Door Deal Real or a Scam?

Also that price for Blast sounds like a price for a new customer and since you have service already it may preclude you from getting that deal from the salesman. Also what Rog said is valid also; be cautious.