New Visitor
cdingle2000

ANY ONE ELSE FED UP WITH LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE AND POOR BILLING PRACTICES

HOW ABOUT A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT TO GET ATTENTION

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: LETS SUE

Comcast gets sued all the time, it's not something they worry about too much. Customers that have formal complaints should contact their local franchising authority. A franchising authority is the local municipal, county or other government organization that regulates certain aspects of the cable television industry at the state or local level. The name of the franchising authority may be on the front or back of your cable bill. If this information is not on your bill, contact Comcast or your local town or city hall.

New Visitor
christinmatus

I just posted the same thing on facebook. Was looking to see if anyone was in a google search and it brought me here. So get it going

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

You might want to read item 13 of the Comcast User Agreement titled "Binding Arbitration".

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Everyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and "sue" a business.  Reality is - takes $$$ and a willing/qualified law firm.

Better options:  if you can't get resolution via the We Can Help escalation, file a BBB complaint and/or complaint with your franchise authority as I-am-Nerdberg posted.  Be sure to have your duckies in a row (e.g. facts). 

I, too, am sick of the generally poor customer service (there ARE good agents, 'tho) and rate increases, but a class action suit?  Seriously ??  Who's paying the attorney retainer?

Queen-Evie

Be prepared to have the case drag on for years. If you filed a lawsuit today you may still be dealing with it 5 years from now. 

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
tigersave101

I filed a BBB complaint yesterday. They sent a bill I paid to collections without ever calling or informing me that it was going to collections. The Credit Collection Service dinged my credit again this morning, and as of last night it was already 28 points lower than it should have been. I will not lose my good credit because some person at Comcast doesn't know how to file a payment. Their collections agency doesn't answer their phone either, so it looks like I may be taking this claim up their chain and yanking a bit. I plan on calling a Pro Bono Lawyer later on today, and after getting his advice I may start an actual Lawsuit.

Here are some other Comcast suits that are finished/on-going:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hart_v._Comcast

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/comcast-time-warner-cable-sued-333293 

http://technicallyphilly.com/2012/06/14/comcast-denies-copyright-subpoenas-for-suing-its-subscribers...

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Not many companies actually notify a customer that they are going to collections:  after so many days delinquent, the debt is turned over.

FYI:  "calling" a collection agency doesn't legally hold up.  If you dispute a collection, you must dispute it - in writing.  Your credit report is likely double-dinged:  past due/charge-off from Comcast PLUS a collection agency.

Have you tried actually taking in proof of your Comcast payments to a Comcast office if you have one within a driveable distance?

normalex

Let's do it.

Several reasons:

* there is no actual speed/plan mentioned in any bill, so legally it is too vague what are you paying for $65 a month for 9Mbit downstream link

* no guaranteed minimal speed mentioned anywhere in the contract, which makes all those "promotion" plans fake and misinformation of customers

Anyone from Seattle?

New Visitor

I want in.

I just looked at my bill because I realized it was getting higher and higher. For the past 3 months they added $100 worth of services each month. I told them I had never ordered that stuff. The 2 reps agreed I never did. The 1st rep said he can take off $78 for next months. I argued which sends me to the 2nd rep. He said there was nothing he can do. I argued. He said he can take off another $20 and that was it. I argued again saying why should I have to pay over $300 for your mistake?? Again he said nothing he can do. I argued. He all of a sudden can take off another $78. I was sick of playing this game and settled for the $156. I am so friggin mad and there is nothing I can do.

So what it boils down to is comcast "stole" money from me and its ok?????

Email Expert
CCCarole

I would recommend that you send a detailed email to the WE CAN HELP TEAM for assistance.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor
catatonya

Are you sure it's local? I thought the Comcast monopoly was due to federal regulations they "bought" through our elected officials in Washington.

Contributor
catatonya

BBB sounds like a plan! I think I had a total of 5 promises of escalation "I can helps" that never came! I can't speak to anyone at Comcast right now since I'm waiting for a call back since I started trying to call them at 12:34. It is now 4:07, and I'm supposed to be receiving a call.  I really should add up all my phone minutes with Comcast since an outage ocurred March 23rd. I bet it would be at least 12 hours of phone time. Minimum!  If you add the "Wait till we call you back time", it would easily equal 24 hours or more of time wasted on Comcast Customer NO Service. And, not even for a question. A storm took out my cable. Nothing complicated.  Probably close to 20 calls. And to top it off, I was told I had to call them back to get credit for my days with no service! Why do I need to call them? They know when I made the first call and when they repaired the line. Right? Shouldn't they?

New Visitor
solidwave

We should sue them. Following is what I just posted on Yelp. It is a nightmare.

This is the worst service I have ever experienced. If there is a negative rating I will give it. I ordered an internet + cable TV bundle and picked up the equipment from their Sunnyvale office. The Internet works. I was on the phone three times to get the Cable TV to work with the help from some call center but they couldn't activate it so they said they will send a technician on Saturday at 11:00AM.

I waited on Saturday until 12:00PM but there was no technician so I called them again. The agent apologized said he will send in the technician. I waited until 2:30PM still no technician so I called again. This time they found they put a wrong contact number for my address in their record that's why the technician couldn't reach me while they can just simply send the technician to my address which they have. So they apologized again and said they will send in a technician. When the technician finally arrived, it was 4:00PM. My Saturday was totally ruined.

The technician inspected the equipment and he found that the box was not in their system so he punched in a number on his hand-held device and it worked. I specifically asked the technician if they will charge me for this service and this is apparently not my fault. The box was not put in their system so I should not pay. The technician said he is here to do the work and rest is for their billing department.

The drama then started. When I received the bill for the month. There is an appalling $150.00 charge for installation service. They charged me twice for the CABLE TV for $100.00 ($50.00 each) and for Internet $50.00. That's $150.00 extra charge for the "best" service I have ever received from ANY company. First I don't understand why there is two $50.00 charge for the CABLE TV. And second, the technical never worked on Internet. Funny thing is they took off $20.00 as a credit they call Customer Guarantee, which is now of course a joke in my eyes.

I called them again. The remote call center people said they could not take all the charge off. They said the best they can do is to take $50.00 off. I asked why. They apparently couldn't answer this question properly so I asked to speak to the supervisor so I was transferred to their supervisor line. After a long wait, guess what, the line was disconnected so I had to call again. The same thing happened. I was disconnected while waiting for supervisor. So I called again and told the agent that she must handle this and the supervisor line never worked. She said the best thing she can do is to take $50.00 off and either I take that or she will transfer me to the supervisor line again. I protested. Guess what, she hanged up the phone!

So I went to the local office. The agent was polite though. However he also told me that he can only take off $50.00 and he did. He said he takes $50.00 off and call center will take $50.00 off so it adds up to $100.00. By then I was so tried of dealing with them so I said that's fine. I will just eat up the $30.00. However, up till today, he call center never returned any credit to me.

Here I am not ever complaining about how long I have to hold on line for speaking to some one from a remote call center.

Avoid Comcast/Xfinity if you can! Absolutely the worst!

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Just reposting this for all who missed it:

You might want to read item 13 of the Comcast User Agreement titled "Binding Arbitration".

New Visitor
hypnosync

The Comcast Arbitration agreement is simple to opt-out of.  As you should always opt-out of any such BS agreement.  There are still other ways to challenge it later since it is a scam against customers in general.  This is mostly to prevent lawyers from representing a an entire class.

Comcast, like all evil corporations will chew up many innocent people in the wake of their actions to stay ahead of the competition.  Only the organized public can protect their own interests.

I am working with a plaintiff who is dying of Cancer, and has had to spend over 10 hours trying to get them to finally finish his installation and connect to his TV in his bedroom.  They continue to claim that the signal level did not meet their acceptable level.  This guy is a lawyer himself and has collected enough to make Comcast's competition very happy.

Just wait and see how this plays out.  

Steve

ImpactFund.org