New Visitor
ExtremeEagle

Lied to more than once by Customer Service?

For the past two months I had been working on resolving an issue in regards to multiple accounts and trying to consolidate our services to one account(I had TV+Internet, moved in with a family member who already had TV.)

I finally called September 1st to the Cancellation department and explained my issue and how frustrated I was trying to get it taken care of. We spent probably an hour on the phone, but in the end she assured me she had the matter solved. The solution, as it was explained to me, was that she added internet service to the account of the person I had moved in with and moved the modem I had been leasing from my account to their account as well so we didn't have to turn it in and go get a new one. With TV and internet taken care of on her account, she told me she went ahead and cancelled my account as requested.

A couple days later, I logged into my account to check the amount that would be due for the partial month of service I had used up to the cancel date of 9/1. Surprisingly I was shown the normal full amount still. Concerned, I contacted Live Chat support and asked to make sure the account had been closed as I was told it was. I was told by the rep that yes, the account was closed and that the full amount would be shown until the end date of the cycle, when the amount would be recalculated for what was actually due. Satisfied I told the rep thank you and logged off.

Today, I received a bill in the mail from Comcast which I expected to be the final amount I owed for the partial period. Opening it, I saw it is for the next billing period, 9/17 to 10/16. If my account had been cancelled on 9/1 as I was told it was, why would I be receiving a bill for the next cycle? I'm hopelessly confused now, and rather unhappy with the thought that I could have been lied to multiple times.