Visitor

Loyalty Department

I am a current customer of Comcast have been for many years.  I have a bundle package that is expiring the end of the month.  I am looking of a bundle package that is offered to existing customers that have been loyal to Comcast over the years.  All the bundles that are offered say in the terms and agreements., "to new and current customers satisfying eligibility criteria"  what is meant by, eligibility criteria for loyal customers?  And is there  a phone number or department for Loyal Customers?  Thank you in advance.

xnorp

Security Expert
USAF_E-8_RET

Re: Loyalty Department

xnorp wrote:

I am a current customer of Comcast have been for many years.  I have a bundle package that is expiring the end of the month.  I am looking of a bundle package that is offered to existing customers that have been loyal to Comcast over the years.  All the bundles that are offered say in the terms and agreements., "to new and current customers satisfying eligibility criteria"  what is meant by, eligibility criteria for loyal customers?  And is there  a phone number or department for Loyal Customers?  Thank you in advance.

xnorp

That's the gottcha - it doesn't say anything about current loyal customers, just customers in good standing.  Which if I remember correctly Comast defines as those customers who have been current in their billing for the past 90 days.  I would suggest 1-800-COMCAST, but I would think you already tried that!

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard, or reserve - is someone who, at one point in his or her life, wrote a blank check made payable to The 'United States of America', for an amount of 'up to and including my life.'

Bronze Star Contributor

xnorp,

I have never seen any phone number for a "loyalty" department within Comcast.

A year ago, I was exchanging emaail and telephoen calls with a "Corporate Cust. Svc Rep" who said that Comcast was changing it's mindset and was now treating long-time loyal customers as good as the "new" customers, meaning they woul offer the same priceing on the "Bundles" for current customers as well as new customers.

But alas..... I have not witnessed any such offerings to existing customers.

In my experience, the best you can do, is go shopping for a competitive service, such as Dish network or FiOS and get your pricing facts togeather.  As long as you are willing to actually make the switch to a competitor, you can call Comcast to cancel you service.

Here is where it's a 50/50 chance that they will either say "OK, we'll have your service cancelled by next week", ... or... they "may" transfer you call to the "Retention Department"... who "may"  or may not, offer you some pricing incentive.

But the retention department may also tell you that they would be more than happy to cancel your service.

I wish they would make it a matter of SOP to just go ahead and offer the discnounted bundle prices for the existin customer as well as the new.

I'd be happy with that.... I would not be wanting or expecting the extra items on top of the discounted bundle, such as the $200 gift card, or laptop or whatever they may be giving away at that time..... but I would hope they would offer the discounts.

It depends on the mood of the Rep you talk to that day.  They may be having a good day and want to keep you happy too, or they may just put a black line thru your name and never think twice about it.

I will tell you that if you ask nicely, and even try reaching out to one of the Moderatros here, that that will get you the most positive outcome.  So far, the Moderators and Administrators on this forum have been S U P E R !!!!!

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

Our experience has been extremely disappointing, so far. We have tried the 1-800 number (to no avail) and have tried online support through chat and email (to no avail). What we have learned is:

(1) No one seems to know what "eligibility criteria" really means.

(2) No one outside of the "Local Office" seems to have any authority to respond to this issue.

Dish and DirecTV look more appealing every day. We could move my home phone # to my cellular provider for a $10 per month "additional line" charge and still have voice mail and many other features... Maybe not everyone can do that, but we have the minutes to cover it. The only service we might need from Comcast is internet and there are competitors in town for that, too.

Based on our experience to date, Comcast support for existing customers would suggest that there is no such thing as a "Loyalty Department" and they have no clue about the cost to retain a customer versus the cost to acquire a customer. It is an age-old and well-proven point that customer retention costs much less than customer acquisition. One would certainly presume that the cost to concede the Triple Play offer to existing customers is far lower than the cost of losing them to the competition.

Come on, Comcast... get the point and support your existing customers.

New Visitor
greenkrow

Just call the 800-comcast number and follow the prompts to discontinue or drop your service, that is the retention department.

New Visitor
rmyster

Loyalty forget it,ever since they have the monopoly on cable, their customer service has gone downhill.

After 20 some years, over the weekend I switched to Verizon Fios  total package I'll save close to $600.00

a year.I'll tell you how loyal they are.When I called and told the customer service after so many years I'm leaving all she did is ask me why and I explained it to her the reason and after the conversation it was like okay when do you want to make your last day with us,I was shocked that after all these years nothing not even okay what can we do to keep you nothing nada zilch.That's comcast for you.So good luck my friend.

New Visitor
123hateem

30 day money back promise is only good if you drop everything. 

After 97 minutes on hold on 1/8 I dropped TV with "Apple" badge number 02R2SP.  Then got the bill and found out after a 66 minute wait you have to cancel everything to get your money back....talk about making it an easy decision. 

But since no one ever picked up in "loyalty" after another 30 minutes (at least the 90 minute wait is consistent) I wrote this to vent.  Next step will be a letter to my attorney with a copy of the registered letter to comcast indicating why a suit will be placed if I am harassed for a bill at a later date.

I unfortunately don't hear good things about AT&T...but it is time to find out for myself.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg