New Visitor
hurtdn

Manager won't call back/corporate office not answering phone/rude reps and leads

Ever since I found out that my Comcast Internet bill was being increased by $20/month, I have been trying to hold of someone who will actually listen and be able to make a decision at a higher level.

I started out with a regular customer service rep./customer retention dept. They said they'd forward to a supervisor. They say the supervisor called me and I either didn't answer or I hung up. I was home all day, and they had not called. I have asked multiple times to speak to the actual manager for customer retention. The highest I've gotten is a supervisor. Every single person says the same thing - that everybody has the exact same options and that not matter how high up i go, nobody will be able to do anything different. That's what they've told me for years. About 6 months ago, I contacted the technical department and told them about some problems I was having with my modem-nothing huge, just irritating. Not only did he send me a new modem so I didn't have to drive to their office, but, without me even asking, he lowered the price of my service to what I think is a fair rate for 6 months. So, if a technician is allowed to be so helpful and think about what would actually retain a customer, why can't the supervisor of the *CUSTOMER RETENTION* do it. Unfortunately, now everytime I call, the regular rep tells me that they can do nothing further and that I will have to wait for a supervisor to call, yet nobody calls me back. I am so sick of the snotty reps.

I have the phone number of 215-665-1700 for the corporate headquarters. I want to speak to the CEO's assistant. I think her name is Lucille. They aren't answering the phone, but it does take me to an automated menu that doesn't have an option for me. It is Friday, December 30, so maybe the went home early for the holiday.

Anyway, I am on Social Security Disability, and that is my ONLY source of income... no pension payments, dividend checks, nothing. I pay for Internet because that is the one source of entertainment I wanted. I can't afford both Internet and TV. Customer service always says I might be able to lower the Internet part of my bill by adding a TV package. I have told them I can't afford both. Comcast has so many of us over a barrel, and that's something they seem to keep in mind whenever they talk to customers. The reps also keep offering me the option of downgrading my service instead. That keeps the price the same, but drops me down to a 1.5 Mbps connection. That won't work at all for streaming videos and such. I might as well be on dial-up. I can't believe that Comcast is so willing to dismiss a customer of 8 years (a customer that pays his bill, too) rather than offer me a price I can afford and they can still earn a profit on. It sucks, because of my disability, that I can't get out and that I rely so heavily on something and feeling like the owner of such service is constantly trying to extort me for more money. I realize that it's not extortion. I'm just saying that's how it makes me feel.

Anyway, is there somebody there that is willing to actually listen to my circumstances and be will to do more than the scripted, limited reps, leads, and supervisors. Should I keep trying corporate? Does anyone have a better phone number?

Thanks so much in advance.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Manager won't call back/corporate office not answering phone/rude reps and leads

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.