Visitor
Visitor
u7

NO RETURN ON $100. DEPOSIT AS PROMISED!!

I called Comcast 800 customer service number re: my $100.
deposit and was told I would not receive it until AFTER 12 months of good
standing payments w/ Comcast. This is the 3rd time I have been informed I would
not be receiving my deposit even when I was told by the rep when I initially
began service that my deposit would be returned after 6weeks (that was 3mos
ago). So I discontinued my cable service but kept the internet/phone service
and upon returning the equipment was told again would not receive until our
balance was current or at a zero balance and monies will be returned couple
weeks thereafter. Today my account is at a zero balance so made the call re:
return of deposit and was told once again that I was misinformed and money
would not be returned. In my opinion, that is not good customer service from
Comcast and is not negligence on my part that I was misinformed and have
obligated all means to receive my deposit which I deserve to have
returned.  I have done my part as a consumer in making the correct connections thru Comcast (phone/email/forum) w/out anyone resolving my ongoing issue! I continue to get the run around and am being made to feel very ignored by a company who raves on customer service which I have NOT been given since my dispute on receiving my $100. deposit.  I requested via phone/email where can I read the policy re: rules on this matter and no one could provide or direct me to this information. Anyone else having issues??

Visitor
Visitor
u7

Re: get your deposit back after you pay on time for 6 months

To answer Q above, No I have not received as I explained in my reply and I have stated my issues w/out nothing being resolved.  I called Comcast 800 customer service number re: my $100.
deposit and was told I would not receive it until AFTER 12 months of good
standing payments w/ Comcast. This is the 3rd time I have been informed I would
not be receiving my deposit even when I was told by the rep when I initially
began service that my deposit would be returned after 6weeks (that was 3mos
ago). So I discontinued my cable service but kept the internet/phone service
and upon returning the equipment was told again would not receive until our
balance was current or at a zero balance and monies will be returned couple
weeks thereafter. Today my account is at a zero balance so made the call re:
return of deposit and was told once again that I was misinformed and money
would not be returned. In my opinion, that is not good customer service from
Comcast and is not negligence on my part that I was misinformed and have
obligated all means to receive my deposit which I deserve to have
returned.  Thank You.

Visitor
Visitor
u7

SUGGESTION FOR GRACE PERIOD RE: SET-UP FEES

Comcast makes it very difficult for a customer to catch up with their payments with the extreme fees that are included along with the cable equipment and setup.  There should be a grace period between initial setup before new month to month payments begin or at least installments applied.  Our bill escalated to almost $400. per month since May of 2011 and it took us until September of 2011 to bring it to a zero balance.  I would like to explain that we were not making the minimum payments, we made large payment amounts and sometimes at twice a month in order to deplete our balance due.  I also attempted to make payment arrangements through your billing service before and was told Comcast does not provide that type of service and if I don't make the payments as scheduled, that our service would be shut off.  (Currently we only have internet/phone through Comcast)

In my opinion, Comcast should strive more on customer service and taking care of their customers by any means necessary to secure the relationship.  Since there are so many other companies offering the same services and competing with special offers, it would be beneficial for Comcast to take their customers more seriously and sincerely help when they can.  Thank You.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: SUGGESTION FOR GRACE PERIOD RE: SET-UP FEES

Click this link: http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement.html

Scroll down to #3, which says

3. REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT
We may require you to pay a refundable deposit when you activate the Service(s), if you add Comcast Equipment and/or Service(s) or if you fail to pay any amounts when they are due. If we disconnect your Service(s) or are otherwise required under applicable law to refund the deposit, we shall within forty-five (45) days or as otherwise specified by applicable law return a sum equal to the deposit(s) you paid (without interest unless otherwise required by law) minus any amounts due on your account (including without limitation, any amounts owed for Services or for any Comcast Equipment that is damaged, altered, or not returned).

Read it, then call Comcast. Read that to whoever you talk to. I'm not surprised by the fact that the people who should know this don't know it.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Visitor
Visitor
u7

Re: SUGGESTION FOR GRACE PERIOD RE: SET-UP FEES

Hello and thank you for that! Although, I did mention the policy in my first phone call there was no resolution and was switched over to their supervisor who could not assist w/ the situation either.  Today, I spoke to another rep who was much more informative and willing to dig deeper into resolving my issue and because I 'bundled' the cable service with the internet/phone, they (Comcast) stated that's it's attached to my $100. deposit and therefore will not get it returned until I discontinue Comcast service with the return of the internet modem.  So, either way Comcast has discovered a way to NOT return my $100. deposit after I had already discontinued the cable service and returned the equipment.  When I initially set-up with Comcast for internet/phone, the $100. deposit was not requested...the deposit was requested after adding cable service 1 month later.  I believe, Comcast needs to find a way how to detach the deposit from the account so that I can get my money returned.  ~Still unhappy

New Visitor
jmwilcoxon

Re: NO RETURN ON $100. DEPOSIT AS PROMISED!!

I am in the same boat, I made a deposit back in 12/2008 for 200.00.  They told me that they could not find a deposit for the account so now I am out 200.00

Bronze Problem Solver

If you kept the cancelled check or other record of transaction, that's a little hard for them to argue with.

New Visitor
cody7002

I have had a similar problem.  I do not have Xfinity, but I do have Comcast internet and basic cable. Back in December 2011, I was also assured by a Comcast service representative that my deposit would be returned after the first six months.  I called back today asking about the refundable deposit and was informed by Gloria that it was a year when it would be returned (not six months).  She said Cash Management would call me back next week to let me know what will happen.  Then I called and talked to a Sherry who thought it was 6 months, but after putting me on hold and researching she found that in March 2011 Comcast started requiring a year of service until the deposit is returned.  She said managers can go in and listen to some calls, so I plan on calling Monday to see if they can find my original call where I agreed to Comcast's services including a refund of the deposit after six months.  From my experience, the Comcast service representatives give conflicting information and have seemed confused on this issue.  I do know that my original agreement included receiving the deposit back after six months.  If Comcast cannot be trusted at its word, I know Electric Power Board in Chattanooga, TN has excellent internet speeds and from what I hear RELIABLE service.

New Visitor
nihongo560

Get used to it.  Comcast's business model is to take as much as they can from their customers, whenever they can get away with it.  And they get away with it A LOT.  Good for you for fighting to get your money back.  

New Visitor
amandan08

I got service starting on Octover 2011 where I had to put down a $100 deposit because I did not have any credit.  They told me I would get it back a year later if I still had Comcast.   In September, I chatted with someone only to make sure I would get the deposit in October and they assured me I would.  Well, that never happened so I called and someone told me my deposit was in the process of being credited to the account, and it would for sure be on the November statement. Well, it's not.  So I'm currently chatting with someone online about this and she tells me "The deposit will be refunded upon cancellation, if the account has a zero balance, and all equipment has been returned."  and then after I argued she said "The deposit will be refunded once you have decided to cancel your services, and not after a year."  This is beyond ridiculous!  It's not like I am making this information up! Comcast told me this!

Email Expert
CCCarole

I would send an email to the We Can Help Team for assistance:

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.