New Visitor
capeteddy

No show on allday appointment.

I had an all day appointment and no one showed up, I called and they said I cancled it which of course I didn't. First off lets start from the begining. I upgraded from phone service to triple play and I had called and set up the triple play for Friday the 7th and had my sister wait for the tech. I was in the hospital. They were late and I got a $20.00 credit and thats fine but since he left my alarm won't transmit to ADT and my phone cut's off every once in awhile when talking to someone. So there's something wrong with the phone line, there was nothing wrong prior to the tech coming out there. When I called, the lady said all day Tuesday was the best she could do. So today, late afternoon I called trying to find out when they were coming and she said I have all day untill 8:00 pm. Around 7:30 pm i called again and they said I cancled it, NOW i'M FURIOUS. I never canceled,  A contractor was the one who came out Friday so I have a feeling that they tried to send him back today and he blew me off. I was a dispatcher for Comcast for 10 years and seen this happen many a time. He was probably late and told his dispatch that I cancled. I don't want this person or any contractor in my house trying to fix the phone. Please send an in house tech. I left Comcast in 2009 due to cancer and I know those guy's tell there dispatch that they called and the customer cancled, everytime I would see this I would call the customer to verify and half the time the customer said they never cancled. Contractors don't want to go back and fix there mistakes even if they risk getting charged back for the job. Anyway the lady on the phone tonight said I had to call back tomorrow for the $20.00 credit because she wasn't in my corp and Thursday is the soonest they can come out. I sure hope it gets fixed because I'm to sick to deal with this right now. Some needs to look into what happened today and who canceled my call because it wasn't me.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: No show on allday appointment.

First of all, you will have to call Comcast to set up an appointment. This is mainly a customer to customer forum and we do not have the ability to schedule appointments.

When you call, throw this at them:

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/facts/csgen.html

Unless this has changed (I have found no references to any changes)

Federal guidelines state that standard installations -- which are those located up to 125 feet from the existing distribution system -- must be performed within seven days after an order has been placed. Except in situations beyond its control, the cable operator must begin working on a service interruption no later than 24 hours after being notified of the problem. A service interruption has occurred if picture or sound on one or more channels has been lost. The cable operator must begin to correct other service problems the next business day after learning of them. Cable operators may schedule appointments for installations and other service calls either at a specific time or, at a maximum, during a four-hour time block during normal business hours. Cable operators may also schedule service calls outside of normal business hours for the convenience of the customer. No appointment cancellations are permitted after the close of business on the business day prior to the scheduled appointment. If the cable installer or technician is running late and will not meet the specified appointment time, he or she must contact the customer and reschedule the appointment at the convenience of the subscriber. These requirements concerning installations, outages and service calls must ordinarily be met at least 95 percent of the time, measured quarterly, under normal operating conditions.

Last month I was given an all day window for an appointment. When I mentioned that

1) the FCC says a maximum window of 4 hours

2) the franchise agreement for Tuscaloosa also follows the FCC regulation and states The appointment window alternatives for standard installations and service calls will be within a maximum four-hour time block during normal business hours. Grantees may schedule service calls and other installation activities outside of normal business hours for the express convenience of a subscriber, if so requested

The local agreement also states [Other requests for service.] Work on all other requests for service must begin by the next business day after notification of the problem and must ordinarily be completed within seventy-two (72) hours of the initial request. If for reasons beyond the grantee's control a longer time for the completion of such repairs is necessitated, the grantee shall exercise all due diligence to complete the work in the shortest period of time possible.

the CSR didn't know how to respond. It was the all day window the next day or a 4 hour window on Sunday, several days later and within the 72 hours. I chose the 4 hour window and ended up cancelling the appointment because the issue I was having was related to the digital transition and it resolved on its own.

Don't back down on the credit. If you have any problems getting the credit or a timely appointment,

Send an email to

Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

The we_can_help team is very good at what they do and will help you more than a CSR on the phone will.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

1) It's your house, if you don't want contractors -- insist on Comcast employees only. I'm with you on that! To be frank, I would not let contractors work on my house (and I'd send a few in-house techs packing too.)

2) Usually when you get an all day appointment it is becuase Dispatch forced the job into the "pool" of jobs that have no tech assigned to them. The hope is that a tech will get done early with his scheduled jobs and then take your job. Techs would rather put a sharp stick in their eye than pick up an install late in the day.

3) Techs can't cancel a job on their own, only dispatch can do that. Dispatch is required to verify that a customer isn't home before canceling a job. Why don't you know this?

New Visitor
capeteddy

The all day appointments were keyed as SRO's instead of TC's, the CSR's could not find time slots to key a TC so they used the Service repair time slots. The maintenance supervisor kept canceling the orders because they weren't maintenance related. It woud have been nice for him or someone to let me know he canceled them. I think there should be a better way of doing this instead of just canceling the order and walking away with no contact to the customer. The maintenance dept. supervior just felt it's not his job to call customers and just left it. In the mean time i'm waiting. BTW this has been resolved since then, I'm just letting you know what happened.

New Visitor
peerkytwo4444

12/22/11 I had an appointment with Comcast from 9-11am.  They said they called and I did not answer which was not the truth.   Someone from Comcast called at 10:30 and said the tech tried to call but I did not answer.  I asked to have them come and I would wait - she said someone would call within 35 minutes, no call.  So I call again and then called five more times from 11:30 until 6:30pm.  The person at five pm told me that they would come from 5-7.  I waited until 6:30 pm to find out that I was never in the system for 5-7.  Grand finale- they reschedule me for today from 8-9am - guess what I am still waiting.  Now when I call I find out that they are on holiday.   Great job comcast!