Contributor

Online bill pay not working?

Anyone else having issues with paying your bill through the comcast.net website?  Tried 2 different credit cards on 2 different computers in two totally different locations and it does not work.  It just resets back to the page where it ask you what you want to pay with.  My bank has no record that the transactions were even attempted and one more item of interest...I'm not paying you an extra $4.00 to take time out of my work schedule to call YOU to pay MY cable bill and then you want to charge me an extra $4.00 when I'm the one being inconvenienced!  Your website doesn't work to pay my bill and the local service center closes before I get off work.  It isn't looking like customer service is your strong point is it?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Online bill pay not working?

n9rla wrote:

Anyone else having issues with paying your bill through the comcast.net website?  Tried 2 different credit cards on 2 different computers in two totally different locations and it does not work.  It just resets back to the page where it ask you what you want to pay with.  My bank has no record that the transactions were even attempted and one more item of interest...I'm not paying you an extra $4.00 to take time out of my work schedule to call YOU to pay MY cable bill and then you want to charge me an extra $4.00 when I'm the one being inconvenienced!  Your website doesn't work to pay my bill and the local service center closes before I get off work.  It isn't looking like customer service is your strong point is it?

The Administrator has been notified of your post.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

I agree you should be able to pay your bill online with no problems. It is an inconvenience when the system doesn't work.

I also understand why you don't want to pay extra when paying over the phone. However, Comcast is not the one who actually takes the payment.

Comcast uses Speedpay for phone payments. Speedpay is a part of Western Union. The fee charged does not go to Comcast, it goes to Speedpay.

Many companies use Speedpay or Bill Matix or other companies to process payments made by phone.

It's rare that the fee will be waived when you have to pay by phone because the online bill pay didn't work.

$4 is a bargain compared to the $7 I had to pay once when paying my power bill by phone using Bill Matrix.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Hi 

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
emm4078

You have serious issues with you pay online web site.  Every month I waste my time trying to pay my bill. I give up.

Contributor

The same thing happens to me...I've been trying to pay my bill for a week now

New Visitor
fishhawk456

I have been trying to pay online for over a week.  I had this trouble in May 2012 and they blamed my computer. They changed their web pay a few months later and it has worked for me ever since until last month.  I got a research confirmation number last week, they were suppose to call me in 48 hrs. Have never heard back.  Called Pablo at 4:15 PM today asked to speak to supervisor, was transferred to local area, then they sent me to a escalated issue/supervisor line and on hold for one hour and 15 minutes. I hung up. Total time on hold or talking to representative 2 and one half hours. Hung up. Called back and Latoya promised a call from a supervisor within 2 hours. Still have not heard from anyone.  My ticket number is CR329391894. I have tried on another computer, one is a PC and one is a MAC.  No luck. Hangs up on the yellow "continue" button just like last year, only then it was the "next" button.