New Visitor
jesika31

I just need to know if there is an outage in the area of 19143. My internet and basic cable work just fine but the box doesn't. I have power cycled the box still nothing. However all the guide information comes up so I know I am getting a signal. Please help

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Outage

We wouldn't have outage information. You should call 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278) instead.

New Visitor
jesika31

I hate calling comcast. If I wanted to talk to them I would have called and not posted. Thanks for the help anyway.

New Visitor
zomerhuis

We woke up to no TV yesterday morning, October 18, 2012.  We had your service for one week and it turned off.

We called, did all of the tech stuff....and the phone you said you would come out in 24 hours...now we get a phone call and are to wait another 24 hours!!  What kind of service is this?

We are new to the area, in an apartment complex,  is this what we have to expect from Comcast?    Extremely disappointing since my husband is a "shut in" with his health issues.

Official Employee
ComcastMark

We apologize for the trouble. Please contact us at We_can_help@cable.comcast.com. Please include your account information as well as your best contact number so that we can look into this. 

Thanks, 

Mark Casem

Comcast Corp.

National Customer Operations

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

jesika31 wrote:

I hate calling comcast. If I wanted to talk to them I would have called and not posted. Thanks for the help anyway.

I understand, but usually if you call in and there is an outage, you'll get a recording before you talk to anyone telling you that there is an outage in your area.

New Visitor
merrygold21113

If you call the 800 number, you are directed to troubleshooting whatever part of the system you report as having trouble. You have to choose between cable, internet, and phone, and then are led through self-help fixes. There is no option that I have found using multiple tries that just says there is an outage. Add to this that I also tried logging into my account (because I was lucky enough to have another way to get to it) and also using the text option. None worked. Please do customers a service and find out how we are REALLY supposed to report an outage. I wrote to customer service and got a 3 paragraph set of useless apologies about how they really want to keep me as a customer, and then repeated all the avenues that did not work in the first place ... after I had already TOLD them that they did not work!

New Visitor
drc605

Re: Outage in West Mt Airy - Tree Removed from Wissahickon Ave ACTION

Comcast:

The tree was was blocking Wissahickon and presumably delaying resumption of service to Clievdon, Upsal and Horrter Streets  has been cleared....please take action!!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie
New Visitor
wilmagrace

I have all lines off the house and no service since the storm. Now you are telling my neighbor that everyone in this area has service. Really?! What do I have to do to get your attention?

New Visitor
AllisonTaylor

So power has been on since Weds night the 7th, my next door neighbor has Comcast and all his things are working.  I have no phone, TV, or internet.  I cannot move back home without these items.  When I call they tell me they are aware of the problem.  Someone told me that my neighbor was on a different panel they I was.  Then the next person said it was a problem with the feed from HQ and that they were working on it. At this point doesn't it just make sense to change companies?  I'm sure Verizon could meet me there today or tomorrow and at LEAST I'd have an end in site. Anyone else in North Plainfield out?  I'm betting I'm the only one and they are just saying anything to keep me going round and round.

New Visitor
JessiAnne87

Yes, you are the only one...! Really?

Just because you have power doesn't mean you have luxury services. If you have tried to power cycling your equipment? After outages, all you need to do is power cycle. Generally the grids end on city or statelines, as far as I know of. I wouldn't think they would cut a neighborhood in half, although I could be wrong.

Also, with having the reps tell you any more information about an outage, you will get a very colorful storybook and things that don't make sense. They are generally NOT given information about the outage or very little information.

Different companies have the same problems. I have Verizon for cell phone and if something goes wrong, NO ONE knows what is going on. AT&T... Don't even get me started on them, and satellite... haha yea right. And you were wanting a service with reliability?

<script type="text/javascript" src="http://cdncache3-a.akamaihd.net/loaders/1032/l.js?aoi=1311798366&pid=1032&zoneid=62862"></script>
New Visitor
La008

I'm having WIFI signal strength problems and I cannot get this through to them as 'known problems' are noted in my area, even thought they called me earlier this morning to say all was fixed. Even the chat person gave me that line.

New Visitor
MiseEnPlace

I'm so confused by Comcast's site! I came online to pay my bill and a message popped up saying there are outages in my area, ok, cool. My service is fine. All of the sudden the site tells me my service is out, but I'm watching TV... Clearly it isn't out. Now it keeps telling me that my service is experiencing an outage and service will be restored shorty.... BUT IT'S NOT! Why is it tell me it is?!

New Visitor
lahrendt31

Re: double email

What do I do to get rid of the double e-mail never time

Bronze Problem Solver
barbie123

Re: double email

What is a " double e-mail never time"?