New Visitor
KatMar85

Place Account On Hold During Travel???

I'm traveling home for 2 months so I can be near family while my husband is deployed. I wanted to suspend my service for that time since I won't be here to use it. But when I called, I was told the only thing I could do was suspend it for 3 months as a "seasonal suspension" and that I would still be paying (albeit a lower rate) during that time. Why?! I wouldn't be using the service! You can suspend phone services without paying, even cable services with other companies, why on earth would I pay to NOT use something?
I asked if they could at least make an exception to the time rule, since I would like to have cable/internet for the month after I return, and would be happy to pay full price for that month - doesn't that give them more of my money anyways? But I was told flat out, no.
When I told them that I refuse to pay for a service I can't use, and would cancel my service entirely if I wasn't able to suspend it, they didn't seem to care at all! This is what must come of being such a big company. There is NO desire to please the customer at all. I asked for a supervisor, and then a manager, and now I'm waiting for a call back from a manager, but given the level of customer service I've encountered so far, I will be shocked if I hear back from them. It's pathetic that they can't resolve such a basic problem! 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Place Account On Hold During Travel???

I have notified the Administrator of your post.  Please watch for his reply in this thread.

AND- My deep gratitude to your husbnad for his service to our country, and to you, for the sacrifices your family must make too.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Let me look into this situation for you and see what I can do.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
KatMar85

Within a few days of the admin's message, I got a call from someone at Comcast saying they wanted to try to work with me to figure out a solution we were both happy with. They asked for some more information, including the dates I'd be gone, told me they would waive the fee for while I was gone, and said they would call me back soon to confirm that they had been able to circumvent the "seasonal hold = 3 months" rule. I hung up thinking, "hey, cool. they're actually going to do right by the customer for once."

Not so much.

3 days later I still hadn't heard from them, and since my trip is rapidly approaching, I needed to know what was going to happen. If they weren't going to let me put it on hold, I was going to have to take off of work early the day before I left to return all the equipment to the service center and cancel my account before the place closes. Like most people, I do have to let my bosses know a little ahead of time if I'm going to take off early.

So 4 days before I plan to leave, I have to call THEM because no one has called me back yet.

The woman I spoke to insists they CAN put it on hold for 2 months, I just have to call to get the service reconnected when I return. If it was that easy, and a woman completely unfamiliar with the situation can tell me that this is possible, why on earth couldn't the person I spoke to before do the same? The person who actually called ME to "find a solution"?

I'm thinking things might actually work out when she tells me she can't waive the hold fee, even though the person I spoke to before, the one FROM COMCAST who CALLED ME, assured me that they would. When I asked why on earth I would pay for services I'm not using, she insisted that the fee is for "the convenience of not having to return your equipment". Really? I'm paying you $50 (the equivalent of several hours of work, to me) to NOT have to drive out to the service center? The amount isn't the problem so much as the principal of the thing. I was told, flat out, that they would waive the fee for me, and now they are not going to. So either I'm talking to people who are too incompetent to know what they're doing, or one of them lied to me outright. Which one was it, Comcast? 

Email Expert
CCCarole

I have notified ComcastLarry of your post.

CC

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Administrator
ComcastLarry

I reached out to your local region, and someone will be contacting you today.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
KatMar85

Only 2 hours or so after my last post, someone did contact me. I really appreciate the quick follow-up - it is not in keeping with the less-than-stellar customer service I've had with Comcast previously, so thank you very much for the welcome change.

That said, as a paying customer, it is disappointing to have to call and post to online forums multiple times to get an issue addressed.

New Visitor
ank_as_trinity

Same thing happend to me too. Only I will be gone to Europe to see my family for an emergency meeting for one month and I called Comcast to figure out a way of putting my internet and TV account on hold for the month I will be away since I'm not going to use the services. You think it's easy to get a hold of soemone at COmcast or to get a problem solved? Not a chance! Sure enough, after minutes and minutes of waiting for someone to pick up, this Ana answers the phone and after I explained the situation, she's sorry that she can't help me because their policy of the 'seasonal hold' has to be a minumum of 3 months. Well, then I say, how about I do put the account on hold since you can't offer me anything better but after one month I decide I will cancel the account since there is no way on earth I want to deal with a company that care so little about their customers and is so incredibly unflexible! She didnt' know what to say at first, but mustered afterwards that I can certanly do that if I wish to, but if I want to reactivate the account, there will be the fees I need to pay. At which I had to ask her: who in their clear state of mind would ever wanna do that, once they canceled their account due to intolarable customer service they've received so far?!

Comcast - sorry about all your money you're wasting on your TV adds, but unfrotuantelly everyone know what a horrible reputation you have regarding your customer service and your inflexibility to work with the customers and their needs. I might as well look for a different provider!

New Visitor
parris1

I just called for the same issue for military purposes. Its very ridiculous to pay for a serivce you are not using. I have to figure out if I should cancel them or what?

Email Expert
CCCarole

parris1 wrote:

I just called for the same issue for military purposes. Its very ridiculous to pay for a serivce you are not using. I have to figure out if I should cancel them or what?

From what I understand, military personnel are given an exception.  I am notifying the Administrator of your post.  You may want to post the details in your reply.  Since it is the weekend, you may not here back until the regular business week.

New Visitor
stareast

i have the same issue, i plan to have a 3 months vacation in future and i have prepared everything. But i don't know how to put my service on hold and pay nothing until i'm back again.