Contributor

Poor signal strength and Comcast not fixing

I have problem pixels on TV, interrupted message and sometimes loss of sound. I also have loss of internet at times. Problem has gotten worse after Comcast moved to digital and add the requirement for a box on every TV.

I have had 5 Comcast technicians come to my house. New Comcast Booster added inside of house. A couple of short cables from wall to small black digital boxes replaced. Last visit even though signal strength good Comcast replaced line from outside of my house to connection to the Comcast line. None of this has fixed the problem. Technicians always check TVs in my house, Line junction box inside my house, connection outside my house and connection to Comcast main line.

Problem is clearly from sensitivity of boxes to signal interference. Basically if signal strength is not good or has interference due to problem with line, bad connection, outside source you get problems with reception.

Problem is clearly not in my house or at any connection from my house to Comcast main line. I cannot get Comcast to determine where problem exist on main line, with Comcast equipment on main line or at another individuals house. How many technician visits does it take to get Comcast to put a priority on a problem and get it fixed?

Contributor

Re: tv signal keeps freezing and pixilating

I live in League City I have the same problem pixels on TV, interrupted message and sometimes loss of sound. I also have loss of internet at times. Problem has gotten worse after Comcast moved to digital and add the requirement for a box on every TV.

I have had 5 Comcast technicians come to my house. New Comcast Booster added inside of house. A couple of short cables from wall to small black digital boxes replaced. Last visit even though signal strength good Comcast replaced line from outside of my house to connection to the Comcast line. None of this has fixed the problem. Technicians alwasy check TVs in my house, Line junction box inside my house, connection outside my house and connection to Comcast main line.

Problem is clearly from sensitivity of boxes to signal interference. Basically if signal strength is not good or has interference due to problem with line, bad connection, outside source you get problems with reception.

Problem is clearly not in my house or at any connection from my house to Comcast main line. I cannot get Comcast to determine where problem exist on main line, with Comcast equipment on main line or at another individuals house.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

Are you in a market where comcast took over another cable company and you are a Cisco, Scientific atlanta market?    Are you using the free dta boxes for reception?

try emailing here. 

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post

Contributor

I am in League City, Tx and previous company was Time Warner. All of my cable boxes are ComCast supplied. No free 3rd party boxes.

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

are they cisco or scientific atlanta boxes?  There are numerous software updates in that market rolling out to fix many issues. 

Contributor

Black boxes are Cisco. Here is number off of one of boxes.

Unit SN: CS0552216071

Unit ID: 190-055222-16071-023

MAC ADDR: 12:BE:20:EA:26:07

Cisco SN: CSBBSMMHP

If software upgrades being worked on to hopefully fix problems, why doesn't Comcast inform. Instead of wasting my time by making me call out techs that don't fix anything?

Silver Problem Solver
rog286713

The CS reps unfortunately are not trained very well.  Here is the link, scroll down to the q&a there you will comcast talking about the issues and when and where the patches are scheduled and also the new stuff coming out.

http://blog.comcast.com/2010/05/new-guide-for-scientific-atlanta-cable-boxes.html

New Visitor
cmctsucks

Re: Poor signal strength and Comcast not fixing

I have had Comcast for 3 days, I lost internet the 2nd day. Tech. told me that this a "failed self install" and they would charge me a $50 dollar charge to correctly install it. Then my cable went out and when i called for the 2nd time, They had to reset my modem. It worked but now I have a HORRIBLE picture. Oh they can send out a tech for $50  I HATE COMCAST!!!!

New Visitor
dalbus

Re: Poor signal strength and Comcast not fixing

I am worried this will happen to us also. Not one of the three boxes I picked up has worked. I know my cables. It works without the digital box fine. I've been told that I don't have an active account even though I've had service for years with them, and then I'm told the signal strength might not be strong enough (I thought this was cable-delivered not through the air). BEFORE getting cable we had an awful time picking up regular digital TV, it broke up alot, pixelated, etc. They want to send a tech here and they're not promising there won't be a fee. I've started searching for a replacement service tonight. I won't pay for a bad picture and bad service.