New Visitor
mcafton77

Pricing rip off

I have had lousy experience with Comcast.  They seem to treat new customers much better than existing ones.  I had a similarly high bill when we moved AND added a service.  we had an installation and transfer fee for everything and of course were never told about it up front.  Then the interent didn't work right.  The guy installed a commercial modem and we are a residence with only one phone line.  The modem later shorted out and we needed someone to come out and fix it. 

You get into a package ( I am paying $132 for phone internet and cable, and if you want to cut back on some things to try to save a little money, it ends up costing more because now you are no longer in a package deal.  WHAT A RIP OFF.  So you can't get just basic cable for less than $60 now?  I cant cut back on channels to save $15?  They make it almost impossible to look at plan options online that don't include an upgrade of some sort.  A complete rip off.  Comcast absolutely sucks.

Email Expert
madylarian

Re: Pricing rip off

You can't have it both ways, you know.  The whole point of promotional prices is to give new customers a break and a discount for getting more than one service.  Then you want to break that contract and still get the same promotional price?  Make up your mind.

And by the way, discounts for multiple services are far from limited to Comcast.  We get a discount from our insurance company by having both car and home owners insurance with them.  We get discount at our bank for having checking and savings accounts with them.  Heck, have you ever bought multiple products because they offered a discount if you did?  If so, then don't pretend that discounts are a "rip-off."

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
TXMILITARY

It's supposed to be locked for three years..... Its only been three and a half months..  So I guess I look at it as I have to play big brother and make sure they dont take more money than what they are supposed to.  UNTIL it really is their time to get more of my money.  That is why they are not supposed to change the price of anyhthing .   They are breaking a contract.  So maybe you didn't understand my point. 

Email Expert
madylarian

You wrote:  "You get into a package ( I am paying $132 for phone internet and cable, and if you want to cut back on some things to try to save a little money, it ends up costing more because now you are no longer in a package deal.

Exactly.  That's why it's a package deal.  If you want to drop a service before the end of the promotional period then it's no longer a package deal and you'll probably pay more for the other services.  That's how promotional/package deals work.  They work that way a McDonald's, at banks, insurance companies, even at Verizon.  FIOS TV alone costs more than FIOS TV in a package  with internet and phone.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense
New Visitor
cocoahicks

I completely agree, I am paying over 160.00 for all three. so dont feel bad......

New Visitor
candyc39

they upsale you then dont tell u your double bill you

New Visitor
candyc39

so true dont upragrade

New Visitor
User9019

This company rips off customers like no one else.  Price hikes without reporting contract changes to customers.  Charges for all sorts of things.  No refunds for non-working channels or tech issues.  I am surprised no one has sued Comcast in a class action lawsuit.  I am definitely discontinuing service in favor of AT&T and am also going to look for ways to make sure Comcast does not do this to every customer

New Visitor
Jphila00

[ Edited ]

I am having the same issues with Comcast that I’ve been having for what feels like my entire life. It's the same story over and over again.  Here's my most recent issue with these con-artists:

In July of 2008 I transferred Comcast to my new apartment in Center City.  They convinced me to go with a triple play which was way more than I ever needed and they charged the heck out of me for it.  In July of 2009, i moved, directly across the street from my old apartment.  Because I was not locked into a contract, my monthly bill was going to increase, by almost $100+, on top of installation fees etcetera.  After 1 month of arguing with them over the bill I cancelled, to get Verizon (another mess of a story).  After Verizon realized that FIOS was not available in my building, i decided i had to go back to Comcast because I couldn't deal with DSL internet.

August 2009:

I called Comcast back.  The person I talked with had no records, or didn’t have access to my previous account (which i canceled 4 days prior), and they once again locked me into a triple play.  Since this time, I have every channel they could ever offer, a home phone, high speed internet, and 3 HD DVR boxes. 

It's been over 2 years since i locked into this 2 year contract and it's impossible to downgrade to basic services.  My bill is currently $195.00 and if i were to switch to Basic cable, basic cable boxes, no home phone, and basic internet, the service would cost me $199.00 - $4.00 MORE THAN WHAT I PAY FOR PREMIUM SERVICE. 

You have got to me be kidding me right?  I am trying so hard to save money and it’s impossible to get the bill down towards $100.00 after taxes.  Does this seem like a scam to anyone else?  How the heck is this legal??  They told me that I can downgrade my services, for a cheaper bill, at any time - that was all a big fat LIE....  I've never been so frustrated with a service provider in my life. 

Updated**  a Comcast employee told me that basic cable and internet packages start at $75.00, however, they told me I would have to cancel, pay the $150.00 installation fee, and sign a new 2-year contract in order to qualify for this package.

Someone please help us (the customers)!  If Verizon was able to install FIOS I would have changed already.  There are no other internet service providers in this area (due to the Comcast monopoly). 

Is there anything that we can do?

Email Expert
CCCarole

First, please EDIT your post and REMOVE your email address! You are not allowed to post any personal information in the public forums.  To do:  Open your post & click on Options on the right side.  now click on Edit Reply.  Delete the email address.  Posting an email address in a public forum also leaves you wide open for your email address to be harbvested by spammers.

Here is a link to the Posting Guidelines

I will notify the Administrator of your post too.  Watch for a reply in this thread please.

CC 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Jphila00

[ Edited ]

Hi Carole.  Assuming that you work for Comcast, i would have appreciated it if you could have at least repsonded to my post. 

**Post edited** 

Thanks.

New Visitor
Jphila00

This is the most ridiculous answer I’ve ever heard.  How does Comcast determine the prices for their services??  Are they drunk when they come up with these numbers?  If promotional packages are for new customers only, then why does Comcast sales reps tell their customers to cancel their accounts, and sign back up?  What kind of operation do you guys run over there??  You can lock me in a for a 2 year contract, charge me $150 for the first few months, and then decide to up my bill months later.

THEN

You tell me that i cant downgrade because it would COST MORE.  Not once did Comcast service reps tell me this when I signed up.  To make matters worse, it's not until this point that Customers realize why the reps are so persistent in selling triple play packages with a two-year contract.  This is not fair, and its misleading.  I've been getting promotional letters mailed to my house twice a week for the last 3 years - all while being locked into the most over priced service I’ve ever had to pay for.  We don’t need your home phone - no one uses a home phone anymore.  We don’t need your new security package, we don’t need stream-pix services (which is horrible by the way), we don’t need to pay for HD Channels and have both channels on all of our TV’s.  When the heck are you guys going to realize??  I can’t afford to pay you $240 a month for internet – because that’s all the people in my household use.  Some of us just want basic cable and internet.  Thanks to Comcast, we're no longer able to plug an antenna into our TV to get the local channels. 

Comcast needs to be reported to the Better Business Bureau and issued a class action lawsuit for deceiving the public and its customers.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Jphila00,

I do not work for Comcast.  I am a customer that volunteers time here helping customers if I can.

My Username stands for my initials.

I cannot edit your post and remove your email address. That can only be done by you, or a Comcast employee.  ALL  Comcast employees will have their Usernames in red text.

I did respond to your post. I notified already the Administrator of your post so that he can try to assist you with your problem.  Since I am not employed by Comcast, I do not have access to your Account & cannot help you further.  I also asked him to edit your post, removing your email address if you didn't.  

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
Teaks1

Mary...work for Comcast?  I recently went to a page where they offered discount packages for loyal customers.  I was not allowed to sign in because I, the bill payer and the name on the account and the one with the log in ability and password was not the primary person.  I called them, got the run around and the call was dropped.  I just recently, tonight, signed on and the almost half priced packages have mysteriously disappered.       I also have a hard wire to my house.  I lose Internet for a few hours every other day for no reason except they are cutting me/my neighbors off. It is the only answer since I come nowhere near my quobaa and usage..  Please defend your actions/thoughts if any other provider, (power company, phone service) committed this type of action on a regular basis.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg