New Visitor
mosaiah

Re: Modem/Router Rebate

I also was suckered into purchasing the modem out right with a promise of a full rebate to the tune of $169. I coughed that up for the modem and wireless router. However, they have no record of it, said it must have been some online-offer with Comcast (are they not Comcast?) and I can find nowhere to submit the rebate because the router came with no return info to fill out. Comcast says they have no clue about this. Very unprofessional! I am very displeased at this to say the least.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Where did you order it from and when? If you can supply the web address it would be helpful. (provided you ordered online).

Comcast itself probably will not promise that particular offer. Comcast generally offers a pre-paid Visa card instead of modem rebates.

AUTHORIZED RESELLERS/DEALERS do. In fact I saw an offer from one Wednesday from an Authorized Dealer for this

comcast offer.PNG 

Resellers are supposed to submit the information to Comcast if it involves a prepaid Visa Card.

If you recall where you ordered service from you should first contact that company as those rebates may have to come directly from the reseller instead of Comcast.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
plsnotifyadmin

Almost the same thing happened to me.

I signed up for a Comcast online deal. I got an email back within minutes from orders@onlinecomcast.com complete with an "Order Confirmation Number". It also had a special offer for a modem and wireless router that would be free after the rebate. There are two things that saved me though. First, I really did not want a cheap wireless router, and second, I was ordering phone and Internet. I was sure that I would need a different kind of modem. I was right.

The next day I got a robo-call on my phone from (954) 657-9268 asking me to schedule an installation appointment. The google search shows the number is for "Savology" or something like that in Florida.

When I finally got through to a real person on the phone a few days later, Comcast had no record of the order confirmation number. 

Is this just a scam to sell modems and get our credit card number?

Who owns the onlinecomcast.com domain?

Who owns the (954) 657-9268 phone number?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

ButtheadKomcast wrote:

Almost the same thing happened to me.

I signed up for a Comcast online deal. I got an email back within minutes from orders@onlinecomcast.com complete with an "Order Confirmation Number". It also had a special offer for a Who owns the (954) 657-9268 phone number?

http://www.onlinecomcast.com/comcast-bundles.aspx  Authorized Retailer. Sells the service for a commission. Reference to Saveology. Click

http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Number.aspx/9546579268

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Contributor
plsnotifyadmin

Apparently, http://www.onlinecomcast.com is an authorized retailer.

That online marketer is either sleazy, incompetent, or BOTH, yet Comcast still considers them to be an authorized retailer. How bad does an authorized retailer need to be to get kicked out of the Comcast "tent"?

New Visitor
pollokb

Same thing here.  I called what I thought was comcast to setup service.  I was told I had to pay$199 for the modem/router, but I would get it all back in a rebate...no rebate.  Also, I was told it would arrive before my technician came to install my service, but it came 4 days later.  I am also being charged a monthly tech service charge of $9.99... I see a lot of complaint about this yet comcast is doing nothing to help.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The service charge is for Xfinity Signature Support. Despite the name Xfinity/Comcast is NOT who you deal with when you use Signature Support. It is a 3 party company contracted by Comcast to provide the service.

If you did not sign up for it, call Comcast and tell them you don't want it.

More info on Signature Support, which I do not recommend. If you have issues that are not Comcast issues, which is what Signature Support is for, you can get help for FREE here or at forums such as Bleeping Computer and Geeks to Go.

New Visitor
pollokb

I know what the signature charge is.   I am not happy with calling Comcast to setup service, and somehow speaking to Saveology who acts like they are you.  They obviously were able to get my service setup, but also sold me a line of garbage which others on this forum have told you about as well.  In the end, I was told from Comcast that we can't control what third party vendors do.  Well, sure you can... quit allowing them to represent you. 

Also, when I asked the customer rep from comcast if I was going to be charged for some type of service, he told me no.  I explained to him that the rep who transferred me to him mentioned it, and that I did not want it.  He said they would not charge me anything.

New Visitor
Spodie

Here's the problem Evie.  Your AUTHORIZED COMCAST retailer is a scam.  You people AUTHORIZED them.  YOU have a responsiblity.  They are YOUR representatives, regardless of whom pays them.

You need to stop doing business with them immediately and make YOUR customers whole.

I am forwarding my case to the state Attorney General listing both Comcast and THEIR AGENT, saveology.

I hope everyone else who has been scammed follows suit.

Email Expert
CCCarole

So you know:  Comcast employees always have their Usernames in RED text to identify them.  Queen Evie is not employed by Comcast, she is a volunteer that spends a lot of time trying to help fellow customers when she can.  The Help Forums are monitored primarily by other customers, replies to posts are made by fellow customers. (Unless the Username is in red text)

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Spodie wrote:

Here's the problem Evie.  Your AUTHORIZED COMCAST retailer is a scam.  You people AUTHORIZED them.  YOU have a responsiblity.  They are YOUR representatives, regardless of whom pays them.

You need to stop doing business with them immediately and make YOUR customers whole.

I am forwarding my case to the state Attorney General listing both Comcast and THEIR AGENT, saveology.

I hope everyone else who has been scammed follows suit.

If Comcast was my company and I were in charge it would be a lot better than what it is now.

I have no responsbility to do anything except pay my bill each month.

What I wish for NEW posters to do is look through the Forums Guidelines board where YOU will find some good information. One of the things there is this  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Official-Employees/td-p/764804

Another one is http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Volunteer-Experts/td-p/765097

Had you bothered to actually look there you would have not made the erroneous assumption that I am an employee of Comcast.

At least you have now been EDUCATED on the point of who is and is not a Comcast employee.

New Visitor
mlevy10

I also have the same issue I never received my rebate from White Fence.. Comcast did not help and said they are not responsible. Who do we speak to at Comcast to fix them