New Visitor
Lyndsai

Rebate Scam!

I signed up for a triple play package because Comcast was having a rebate offer of $250 in PPV. I thought I had all of the necessary things to get this rebate but was told I needed a copy of my confirmation e-mail. I never received any e-mail so I called comcastcableoffers and was told they would resend it and I would get it in about an hour. Unfortunately I never did. I have called everyday for 2 months and have been given the run around. I have also been given different answers every time and a total of 9 phone numbers because I was told I was calling the wrong department. I even was given a number to a residence with an interpreter because the person was deaf. I have officially been told that I have until tomorrow (3/31/2011) to send off my mail in rebate or I will not qualify. Kind hard to do that when I am still missing that confirmation e-mail. These rebates are scams and I feel Comcast should make better choices with dealing with third party vendors! I would never have gotten this package if I knew I wasn't getting the rebates! I think I will just cancel my services! Customer service is very poor and needs a lot of improvement! But maybe I'll get lucky and someone hear can help me! I've run out of options!
Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: Rebate Scam!

I'm reporting your issue to the forum admin. Please check back here for his reply.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
kellytrabert1

Hi. We have experienced the exact same thing. We've been getting the runaround for months regarding the rebate scam. I've finally reported it to ABC7News for one of their consumer advocacy reports. I haven't heard back yet. They said it usually takes about 3 weeks if they are looking into your claim. My guess is that is what is happening. Have you heard anything back? I'm so angry about this whole thing. It's terrible. I used to really like Comcast before at our old place. Now this has completely changed my view on this company. 

Contributor
P_S_T

This is looking more and more like a scam to me too.

I've also been getting the run around for the past 3 months and now I'm told after all this time and about 5 agents later that I didn't fill out paperwork for a 2 year contract of which I never received. The next person said the reason was because my contract was only for 1 year. Then the third person said I'm not tied in to any contract although my bill says I am. I think they forget the fact that there was also had a 1 year rebate too that I'm not getting. I'm giving Comcast one last chance to clean this mess up and get me my money or else I will join you in filling out a complaint with the Consumer Advocacy Group and when possible cancelling my service with them for good.

New Visitor
Sanver

I am also in the same boat. I was promised over the phone for $250 visa card as rebate for taking the triple play service. All i needed was to keep the service for 3 months, now no one is responding.

The customer service say they can give a 50$ discount in the bill as they do not see anything in records for $250 rebate card. I can't imagine I have been fooled by the customer rep to buy the triple play.

I want them to take action, share the recording of the discussion i had with the customer rep or honor the committment else will take the issue to BBB.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you see the Thread at the top of the page titled Visa Card Issues?  In that thread this is posted many times.

Visa Gift Card Issues

Anyone that has not received their Visa card are asked in this Thread to please send an email to Steve, AND to also CC Comcast Sherri in that email you send.

Steve and ComcastSherri are working to get this resolved for all of you posters, but they need your information inorder to help you. Please send the following information to Steve Teow at the email address below. Thank you.

Note: If you have already sent the email, please watch this Thread for a reply or a PM.

Name:

- Phone Number on Account:
- Contact Number:
- Best Time To Call:
- Email:

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Sanver

Have sent the mail, no update in last three four days. Hope someone is looking into it.

Thanks

CCCarole wrote:

Did you see the Thread at the top of the page titled Visa Card Issues?  In that thread this is posted many times.

Visa Gift Card Issues

Anyone that has not received their Visa card are asked in this Thread to please send an email to Steve, AND to also CC Comcast Sherri in that email you send.

Steve and ComcastSherri are working to get this resolved for all of you posters, but they need your information inorder to help you. Please send the following information to Steve Teow at the email address below. Thank you.

Note: If you have already sent the email, please watch this Thread for a reply or a PM.

Name:

- Phone Number on Account:
- Contact Number:
- Best Time To Call:
- Email:

Contributor
cait86

The problem is suprisingly still going on. I called comcast the last few days of february. They came the first week of march. i got the triple play with $250 visa giftcard. First off, the person who came to install it all, double charged everything and even added things I didnt need done. That took well over a month to correct. The customer service is useless. Ask 4 different employees the same question and you will recieve a different answer from each of them. No one ever responds or gets back to you. I dont know how many times I've been told a manager would get back to me. I have never recieved my rebate, I've checked the rebate website, no record of it. My bill always gets paid, maybe not as fast as they want it to, because I need to go over every square inch of the bill because they will and do add unneccessary charges. My service has never been shut off. With all of these problems I am completely shocked to see that comcast is still promoting this deal. Its sickening. I am to the point where I am ready to tell comcast to keep the prepaid giftcard and apply that to my cancelling. I can get cable/internet/phone with other companies for a lot cheaper, and maybe even with better customer service.

New Visitor
Sanver

How long am i supposed to wait ???

No one has even acknowledged the mail i sent to the email ids mentioned in the post.

Someone please help.

Others beware of comcast offers it sucks.. just a show to attract customers.

Email Expert
CCCarole

See this please:  http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/UPDATED-Visa-Card-Issue-Instructions/m-p/1047467/messa...

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

Contributor
speedytaz

I agree 100%, I signed up for the HD Triple play and was told I'd get a $200.00 Visa card. A year later and many phone calls later still no Visa card. It's a gimmick for them to get people to go with Comcast/X-finity. 

New Visitor
brucerobertdugd

I have been waiting for months for my $100 rebate for my "free" modem. Does anyone know a link for this problem?

Thanks

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Where did you order service from? If it was from a reseller you will have to contact the reseller.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
NitaExpectsServ

I signed up for the triple play in May 2011.  I had 6 service calls to porperly set-up my service in the first month, then I was overcharged for 2 months.  i received 2 phone calls to verbally accept my contract in August.  i thne had to do the confirmation again a 3rd time when i called because they had no record of my first 2 times.  Now they have no record of my $250 rebate and no one knows anything.  i signed up directly with Comcast on their website, so no third party to blame.

Comcast is completely incompetant, which is why i did not have their servie happily for 4 years.  I do not have any options where I moved and I am really regretting it. 

The rebate I was promised is the least you could do for the hasssle of having your service that is not consistent.

Contributor
edlday

We signed up for Comcast's triple play and were told we qualified for the $250 visa card despite having comcast internet service - the Comcast rep on the phone told us if we cancelled our internet service that we qualified for the offer.

Subsequently, the install guy who hooked up our service also confirmed that we qualified for the rebate.  After months not receiving our gift card, called customer care who said they had no idea what we were talking about and that the offer must be followed up on with Visa.  What?  Finally found the forum on this site with other customers having similar issues but for some reason was not able to post to the thread.

Per the forum instructions, contacted Steve in June and again in August with no reply.  Per updated forum instructions, contacted Elyse in September and were told "I discovered that on November 2, 2010 you accepted an offer for services via our Direct Sales. Installation was completed on November 12, 2010 for internet only service. On January 22, 2011 an offer for the EZ to Switch HD Premier XF was accepted and applied to the account. This change in service was adding video and phone, to the already existing internet service. We do note that If you were an existing or current customer of Comcast at the time of this offer, you would not be eligible for a gift card. As you were an existing customer for more than thirty (30) days, unfortunately the gift card portion of this bundle offer did not apply."

This is absolutely not what we were promised before signing up for Triple Play and would not have done so without the added incentive of $250 rebate.  How do I go about voiding the contract we signed as Comcast misled us into believing we qualified for the offer?  Without this incentive, there's absolutely no way we would have entered into this contract.

Contributor
edlday

Is anyone from Comcast going to give me the courtesy of responding?

Contributor
edlday

Still waiting for something other than "see UPDATED Visa Card Issue Instructions".  If you took the time to read my post, I followed the instructions and feel that we were absolutely misled and would never have signed a contract w/o the $250 incentive.

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

ed

Try this option. These forums are primarily a customer to customer help forum with limited monitoring of threads by Comcast employees so most of the answers are limited in what we can do.

To get help, you can drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Best option at this point for contacting someone in Comcast

New Visitor
egarcya

Comcast IS A FRAUD THIS WHOLE REBATE THNG THEY DRAGGED IT ON AND ON UNTIL MY CONTRACT WAS OVER AND NOW THEY SAY I NO LONGER HAVE A CONTRACT WITH THEM, IF THEY WERE A HONEST AND KEPT THERIR WORD TO CONSUMERS I WOULD KEEP THE SERVICE BUT THIS IS NOT A COMPANY I WANT TO DO BUISNESS WITH!!!! 

New Visitor
Kate_Shaw

Digital Landing 's Comcast Offer is a scam. Do not sign up with them because you will never get your rebate. I have tried their customer service number and they hang-up as soon as I mention about rebate. Then I tried calling their direct line listed on their site or one other 7868376662. They asked me to leave a message. After numerous msgs they never called and have left me in limbo. I think the company is scam! Consumer BEWARE! Why is Comcast doing business with this partner! Associating with companies like these will give Comcast a bad rap! It has already left a bad taste in my mouth about both of them!

Visitor
TNCoaster85

I have been calling comcast trying to figure out with my rebate for the past month which is $200 when it should have been $250. I decided to go back with comcast after seeing the rebate and also the lower price they offered. My service was installed on Feb. 16th of this year.and the 90 days was up on May16th so I gave them 2 weeks to send the rebate to me. Called them up several times in the past month and no one knows what is going on. The rebate center is waiting on Comcast to send all the info to them which shouldn't take but a minute. Called the corporate offices about this and they said that they would have someone call me by the end of the day and that was a week ago. Nothing from them. This is nothing more than a bait and switch scam so that Comcast can give what we think is a good deal but at the end of the first year. Jack up the price to well over $300 a month in my case. The $200 rebate is part of the deal for the 2 year contract. I am already looking at going to another provider if the rebate isn't sent by the end of the month.

No wonder comcast is getting F's on customer service now. They was good the first time around before I switched to AT&T around 17 months ago. Now they have gone downhill where you have to go through an automated system in order to talk to someone.

New Visitor
Shanklil

[ Edited ]

Installation date 1/21/2012.  39 weeks and counting and still no rebate.  Somewhere in this madness this has to be illegal.  I just sent my issue via email to steve and sherrie (found reading the forum) hope it helps.  Sadly I have been calling for the last 6 months and going back and forth with comcast and the rebate center.  The rebate center states they have nothing on file but when I put my info in it reads "order processing."   I hope Steve and Sherrie can help.

New Visitor
cbaker6900

1/3/13

I signed up for service in oct 2012 and I'm still gettingthe runaround. Not to mention all the other BS I've dealt with like over charging, charging my for equipment I didn't have. You'd think since they came out and intsalled it they would know what equipment I have. Also each time the came out (4 and counting) they fix one thing then something else goes out. I was told I would get the triple play for $99 with a $250 rebate offer nothing has worked right, should have stayed with direct tv!!!! Comcast is the worst ever!!!

New Visitor
Bsind

I am having this same issue. I signed up in August 2012. Called in October to see where my $200 gift card was and the agent said I had to make 3 on time payments and it would be sent to me. Since my 3rd 'on time' payment was on its way, the agent said I should see the card in a few weeks. I gave them the benefit of the doubt and provided them 2 months to get it to me, and I still have no gift card.

Today I called comcast, waited on hold, was hung up on. Called again, got an agent who gave me a phone number to the 3rd party vendor who takes care of these gift cards, and that number was disconnected.  I didn't want to wait on hold again so I went on the comcast online chat. That person had no clue what they were doing and told me to call customer care again. On my third call to comcast this morning, the agent stated that she had provided my information to the 3rd party vendor via their website, and that someone should contact me soon. Apparently the vendor no longer has a phone number we can call. She also stated that everything was in my account correctly to obtain this credit so it should be in my hands soon.

I found this website after that call and saw the thread in regards to emailing we_can_help@cable.comcast.com.  for help...Who would've guessed that email is UNDELIVERABLE!!!!!!!!!!  What is comcast doing to their customers?!  Unbelievably disappointed.

Email Expert
CCCarole

At this point, I would recommend sending an eamil to the We Can Help Team.  They can get this resolved. Give them a few days though.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

New Visitor
JorgeyKarla

I am in the same boat I wish they do something about it cause is driving me crazy all this run arounds.

Email Expert
CCCarole

JorgeyKarla wrote:

I am in the same boat I wish they do something about it cause is driving me crazy all this run arounds.

Please see my reply in THIS clickable link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/JorgeyKarla-READ-PLEASE/m-p/1544231#U1544231

New Visitor
lyewitt

So, I decided to order an online triple play package (instead of the double play that I needed) because it was advertised that I would receive a $250 Visa gift card.  Now after paying my bill not just ontime but early, I have to deal with customer service agents who forward me to websites that offer no help and online agents who leave the chat room in the middle of the conversation.  I've had enough.  My first task for the morning is to file a complaint with the Maryland Attorney General.  I suggest those with a similar problem do the same regardless of the state that you are in.  The "bait and switch" is both ethical and illegal.  I thought that I could expect more from Comcast.

New Visitor
lyewitt

inethical I mean.  Got to be careful typing while angry.  Anywho.....contacting the attorney general now.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Send an email to the We Can Help Team.

we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name
service address
phone number
account number
link to this thread
full details of the problems

You can also ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

New Visitor
kairirose87

I have been getting the run around as well for the prepaid visa card. We switched for just that reason to get the rebate, it was a great deal. I have contacted many people about this and nothing. I called the rebate team and was on hold for 20 mins on a line that the music and the lady saying we will be right with you soon was fading in and out to the point that you couldnt hear a thing. I emailed the links that have been giving and nothing and the on steve guys email is full and isnt taking any more emails so i would say they are not checking or fixing anything. I just would like what was promised to me in the first place. 

Bronze Star Contributor
MyNameHere2

This thread does not apply to me, but why CCCarole keeps saying to email someone when a person posted RIGHT above that psot by saying the email address does not even work, beats me.

Email Expert
CCCarole

MyNameHere2 wrote:

This thread does not apply to me, but why CCCarole keeps saying to email someone when a person posted RIGHT above that psot by saying the email address does not even work, beats me.

The email address definitely does work.  It is used daily by many customers and their issues are solved.

My guess, and only a guess is the person who said the email address didn't work typed the address incorrectly.  The email address is: we_can_help@cable.comcast.net

CC

New Visitor
Jgold06351

People, just posting on here isn't going to work. There are enough people to make a stink about this. After trying to contact Comcast and that doesn't work, or going to the BBB and that doesn't work because they actually have to care about their rating. Don't just sit here complaining about it. You all have made enough calls to Comcast, make those calls to others that have a say. Send them something like what I pasted at the bottom here. Then, go to the state attorney general's office. Arrange to make payments to an escrow account. Contact your senators and congress reps. If enough people ruffle enough feathers and hold enough of their money, they will take notice and have to act. Furthermore, if it goes to court, then they will have to pay for attorneys to defend themselves, your attorneys, and all the court costs. That might make them look and realize that the $100 - $500 that they promised would be cheaper for them to pay and they might decide take the cheaper way out and just keep their word.

This is what I sent to them, minus my personal information. 

Hello, I am contacting you regarding the gift card that I still have not received. I am current on my Comcast bill, my service was never interrupted and I get different answers from each employee that I talk to. I was supposed to have been contacted this past Saturday and I never received a call. I've had it, I kept up my end of the bargain and you got your money. My install was supposed to be free, it was not. Not to mention that it took the tech 3 hours to hook it up and ended up messing up the neighbor's cable. I paid my last bill to you today until you correct this situation. My intentions are to place all future payments into an escrow account arranged through an attorney and the state attorney general's office of which I will insure that Comcast is liable to pay for the attorney and court costs. I work long hours and my time is valuable, I am available to be spoken to by phone after 8 pm EST on most days @ . You can attempt to contact me on Friday before 2:30 pm EST. The phone # on my account is. The service address is . My name is . My email is or.

Regretfully,

New Visitor
coop0877

After reading all this information and the issues we all seem to be having the only question I have at this time would be...... Steve and Sherri have you actually helped anyone get the rebate they had coming to them? I too have been going back and forth with several comcast employees and getting the run around. I just got off the phone with yet another supervisor(joke) who has to call me back because they need the additional time to come up with a line of BS that will not qualify me for the rebate. This company wants us to honor the agreement to pay for services, but when they agree to something they find a loophole or create one to make sure they don't pay out.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Did you send the email?

Yes, they most definitely help with this.

Send an email to the We Can Help Team.

we_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include:

full name
service address
phone number
account number
link to this thread
full details of the problems

New Visitor
redice79

I am really disappointed in this promotion I have updheld my contactrual obligations.  Since the first billing my bills have been screwed up with due dates receiving paper bills then no bills but I have paid each payment early despite these little games that Comcast seems to like to play.    Called comcast and got the you need to go to this website and check status and not suprised my information is not in the rebate system real shocker emailed the rebate center twice and the steller response on both emails..... wait for it wait for it ..... nothing no reply at all.   Apparently since the beginning of Comcast gift card rebates over the last couple of years they have been a complete diaster with customers you think by now you would either have a system that worked but wait you couldnt easily deceive customers into signing on with Comast with their hopes of actually getting a rebate for being a faithful customer.   Its ok I dont need your email addresses to Steve or Sherri or even president obama I will  allow you another month and I promise you if I dont see this gift card I will be contacting the general attorneys office in NH and taking it a step further if needed.    

New Visitor
KristiMcK

I wish I had looked at this site before I decided to go ahead and use Comcast for my phone/internet/television.  Everything has gone so smoothly up until now that I was almost expecting this.  

I ordered new service for my new house and had it installed on January 5th.  I was actually told by a customer service rep that I should do everything online because then I could get the Visa gift card.  So I did that, all the while thinking "I'm glad she told me that".  My bills have been paid on time and I've not cancelled any service or options (i.e. HBO, the Red Zone).  

I called the number that the rebate site supplies back in April and was told that it could take a few more weeks before they have my information.  So I called back yesterday (since the website still says there's no record of anything) and was transferred to someone at Comcast.  The guy who took my call told me there's no record of my being eligible for the rebate.  I just don't understand that.  The rebate was listed on the on the site when I ordered service.  Why am I being excluded?

The customer service rep actually told me that he couldn't help me any further since I ordered service online.  He told me that I'd have to go into the Comcast center in my city.  I'm not sure why and when I asked to speak to his supervisor, he actually told me that I'd be on hold for a while since that's the norm.

I've already emailed the we_can_help@cable.comcast.com and am waiting to hear back from them.  If that's unsatisfactory, I guess my next step is having our lawyer draft a letter to Comcast.  And then I'll switch to Verizon.  I shouldn't have left them in the first place.  

I knew I was giving Comcast too much credit by thinking that they were actually a good company!

New Visitor
KristiMcK

Wow - I heard from Susan at Comcast Corporate on Friday afternoon.  She apologized and gave me the option of having my issue researched or giving me a $200 credit on my account.  I opted for the credit since she also let me know that the research part could take a few weeks.  She was just extremely nice and helpful.  

Why can't people like her deal with the public?  The people they route you to now just aggravate the already angry.  If I had spoken with her when I first called, I feel like all of this nonsense wouldn't have happen.

Thanks for the help!

New Visitor
AJD2007

Just had the worst experience in response to this issue! Was promised a $50 gift card with no strings attached for a double play promotion (of course). Was supposed to receive in 8ish weeks, starting in January. Called a couple weeks ago because we have not received the card. Multiple individuals could find "no information" in their systems about my card. Was told to give them a few days and I would hear back when they could get information pulled up. Was referred to the checkmyrebate website, which I went to and had no record of my info. Of course I never heard back. Called back today and spoke to someone in sales who was quite possibly the rudest CSA I have ever dealt with in my life. Not only did she tell me she had no information, she said they didn't even ever give out $50 gift cards for my promotion, and she told me to check the website--that's all she would do. When I told her it didn't work she said she had no idea how to use it, wasn't trained to use it, shouldn't even be helping me, and she said it was up to this website to get me my rebate, not Comcast. How does someone in sales who deals with these promotions have no idea how to use the website that customers must use to check their rebates when Comcast refuses to help them?  I asked to speak to someone who could help me and she said "there is no one here that can help you". There is no one in all of Comcast who can help me to get a rebate I was promised by Comcast? "No". Not only that, but there were no supervisors I could speak with, and she refused to give me any of her information so I could speak with someone about her. So not only did Comcast refuse to help me despite showing that I should be getting a giftcard, the checkmyrebate website has no record of my information, and apparently according to them I have no recourse now. I've been given the run around by Comcast in the past, but this awful CSA experience will be the last straw. 

New Visitor
jekorl

Okay, which one is it......"dot com" or "dot net".  You have posted BOTH e-mail addresses CCCarole ?!?

New Visitor
havvinfaith

I have been helping my parents with this exact issue in Texas. They left Direct TV in March and joined Comcast because they were offered a $250 Visa gift card with the triple play package. Now when they have tried repeatedly to get it they are given nothing but the run around. I was told that they had met the 90 day requirements and they would get the card in six weeks. Well, 8 weeks later my dad called and was told that he was not eligible for the rebate! Now he's gone into the Comcast local office and all they did was open a trouble ticket and tell him someone should call him in 2 weeks and if they don't then he can call them. It is incomprehensible that a company of this size with the money they have is scamming their customers so blatantly and getting away with it too. Additionally we needed to have a service call and were told it would be free because there have been so many technical problems and they billed my parents anyway and now refuse to give the credit! When called about it the rep said they never give free service calls and we shouldn't have been told they would. On another call I was told to hold while they got a supervisor and after 45 minutes of waiting the line went dead and I was unable to call back into the system even though they were still open.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

havvinfaith wrote:

I have been helping my parents with this exact issue in Texas. They left Direct TV in March and joined Comcast because they were offered a $250 Visa gift card with the triple play package. Now when they have tried repeatedly to get it they are given nothing but the run around. I was told that they had met the 90 day requirements and they would get the card in six weeks. Well, 8 weeks later my dad called and was told that he was not eligible for the rebate! ......

Have your dad drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) with his account details. The can help you get it resolved.

New Visitor
havvinfaith

Thank you, I gave him the information prior to posting on this forum. However, I wanted to post to the forum to show that this type of false business practice and unethical corporate behavior continues even three years after the first post about it. 

New Visitor
MrsDuck

Like so many others on this forum I've been trying to find out the status of my $500 Visa Giftcard Offer.   It should have been sent out to me sometime in June...July at the latest. 

- I have emailed "Checkmyrebate" and been told that there is nothing in their system that qualifies me for a gift card.  Until Comcast informs them that I'm eligible - they can do nothing. 

- I have emailed "wecanhelp" - they called me back the next day and left a message.  I've left three messages in return and resent the email with no response.

- I have posted to the Comcast page on Facebook, received a response telling me to email my concerns to "comcastcares" - I did this and have not received a response or a phone call.

- I have called in a work order (and received a ticket #) with response promised by this past Thursday and as of today have not received a response.

- "Checkmyrebate" says that I never signed a minimum term agreement - but, I have the transaction # from the electronic signature on my Online Customer Agreement Notice.

Before I moved here I had the same type of service with Verizon and I NEVER had any issues with getting resolution to issues, questions or concerns.  They don't offer the same package where I live now, but if they ever do, I'm going to be done with Comcast!

What else can i possibly do to get this resolved??????

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

New Visitor
MrsDuck

Your response indicates that you did not read my post.  I've already contacted them and provided the result.  The folks in charge really need to get you a different "instant response message".  I've filed a complaint with the BBB this morning, so perhaps there will be some resolution to this constant runaround.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

[ Edited ]

MrsDuck wrote:

Your response indicates that you did not read my post.  I've already contacted them and provided the result.  The folks in charge really need to get you a different "instant response message".  I've filed a complaint with the BBB this morning, so perhaps there will be some resolution to this constant runaround.

Sorry, I missed that part. You'll have to forgive me, I see the complaint so often I automatically give that response. The BBB complaint might help you, but it will just be answered by the We Can Help team. 

You might consider a complaint with your state's AG and/or a complaint with your franchising authority. A franchising authority is the local municipal, county or other government organization that regulates certain aspects of the cable television industry at the state or local level. The name of the franchising authority may be on the front or back of your cable bill. If this information is not on your bill, contact Comcast or your local town or city hall.

You can also elect to resolve your dispute through arbitration. You may open a case with the American Arbitration Association - Case Filing Services, 1101 Laurel Oak Road, SUite 100, Voorhees, NJ 08043, 877-495-4185

New Visitor
MrsDuck

I appreciate your response.  It's amazing that you are noting the fact that this is a reoccurring issue and providing the "legal" action i can take in order to get the issue resolved.  Hopefully that won't be necessary, but at this point I'm willing to see what it will take to get either a response or the gift card. 

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

[ Edited ]

I'm just a mod, not a Comcast employee. I can be a critical as I want! :smileywink: 

But yes, this problem has been going on for years. I'd be just as mad as you and everyone else if I didn't get my $$$. It's one thing to screw up services or not answer the phone, but it's another to take money out people's pockets. Frankly, I'm amazed that someone hasn't filed a class action lawsuit.