Visitor
khilts

Repeated calls from Comcast: 978-848-5001

I've been getting calls from the Comcast number 978-848-5001 at least daily for the last few weeks; they just hang up when answered and don't leave messages on our VM system.

How can I get Comcast to stop these pointless and rude calls?  Should I contact the phone company to report phone abuse?

Regular Problem Solver
slouke

Re: Repeated calls from Comcast: 978-848-5001

Call the number back and listen to the directions to have your phone number added to their do not call list.

New Visitor
dburkhard

I just wasted my time with this - mbox full.  Nice - a technology company that doesn't know how to (or doesn't want to) manage their v-mail box.

New Visitor
lavio

I have called the number to remove myself from the call list.  The mailbox is full and there is a no other way to remove your number.  No one hates these calls more than me and I'm looking forward to canceling Comcast within the next few months as I have NEVER received calls from other providers.

New Visitor
jj929

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad to hear they aren't just harassing me... I have just about had it.  Back in September they called me nearly every single day, even after I answered and told them I wasn't interested.  By the end of Sept I was fed up and went into my local Comcast store and asked to have my number put on their "do not call" list for the sales department, which they supposedly did.  That same day I also contacted my cell provider and had them block the 978-848-5001 number, which they did for 90 days.  And wouldn't you know, on the day it expired, who called?  Not once, but 3 times!  I spoke with the stupid lady and asked her where she was calling from and why.  She gave some lame answers, then we "got disconnected"... That's when she kept calling back.  Sooo... I go into the local Comcast store once again and ask if my name is on their "do not call" list, she said "NO!"  but she'd be happy to do it... (I'm doubting it, considering it was the same person that supposedly did it back in Sept).  Same stupid number just called me again... Once again, just put a block on the phone, hopefully that will stop them for another 3 months.  Honestly, I'm thinking of going down to the police station... This HAS to be harrassment... I've asked them in person and over the phone on MANY occasions to stop calling me.  They are refusing to... OH and the stupid lady on the phone said that per policy they aren't allowed to call more than 3 times in a month, even if no one answers, so I WAS OBVIOUSLY mistaken about the number of times they called!  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  All of the missed calls are still on my phone from Sept, so maybe I should drive my tush up to North Reading and show that lady the calls.... Obviously, I'm extremely frustrated by this, and I will def. be switching my cable and internet to someone else...

Regular Visitor

Nope, now it's happening to me.  Called me 4x this week, all at times when I'm at work and can't pick up the phone.  By chance they called me during my commute last night and when I picked up, no one answered.  Never a voicemail.  As an existing customer, is this really necessary for this relentless sales pitching?  Just another example where Comcast seems tone-deaf to their customers.  They are very lucky they have a monopoly in my apartment building.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

You may contact Comcast at 1-800-COMCAST to ask us to put your name on our internal company “do not call” and “do not mail” lists so that you do not receive marketing or promotional telephone calls or postal mail from us or made at our request. -Comcast Privacy Notice.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

jj929 wrote:

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad to hear they aren't just harassing me...

Drop a note to Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) and see if they can help you.

New Visitor

I tried calling, but Comcast has an intolerably long delay.  My solution then was to enter the number into my phone caller ID list and then assign it a silent ring.  Henceforth, Comcast can waste its own time but not mine.

Email Expert
CCCarole

You could also send an email to the We Can Help Team:

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
marieleach09

Greetings:

I've already spoken with a Rep about my bill, and I indicated that I would make a payment

on the 29th of March or sooner if I can.  Just needing time.....

thanks!

New Visitor
cheeaa

What did she say when you get a call?

I have no idea what she was talking about.