New Visitor
Donolectic
Accepted Solution

Security PIN - very frustrated

Hi All, 

Everytime I log into the website, I'm getting a "In accordance with FCC regulations, Comcast requires the Primary user enter the Security PIN and create a Security Question and Answer. Please contact the Primary user to update the account status. Thank you." every time I log in. 

We got this as part of our modem upgrade, but we don't actually use Digital Voice.  I've called and requested that Customer Service send out our PIN a couple of times, but this hasn't worked - I haven't received anything. I've tried live chat as well, but that was an exercise in frustration. Customer Service reps seem to think I'm talking about the site password, which I'm not. 

I'm at my wits end here, I don't want to call customer service again and once again find myself in the same situation. I've seen a couple of threads on the forum where a comcast rep has "fixed" the issue (http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Customer-Service/FCC-regulations-amp-acct-info-update-problems/td-p/784...) so I'm hoping that the same magic can be done for us.

Thank you! 

Administrator
ComcastLarry

Re: Security PIN - very frustrated

I will have someone reach out to you so we may resolve this matter.

Thank You

-ComcastLarry-
New Visitor
JarmanJay

Just adding to this thread, I have actually long ago set up a security password, however I have never been asked for it, regardless of were I call from or what changes I attempt to make.

New Visitor
csnell23

Hi,

Can someone from Comcast also reach out to me to fix this problem?  I've just encountered the exact same message.

Thanks!

Visitor

I am having the same message - and now I can't even access my email ?   please help. I am trying to review my bill on line and cant even do that.

New Visitor
rdowdell

can someone from cast call me too or help out cause this getting annoying

New Visitor
jjenkins1

It took me almost a month of trying to get my PIN setup.  I finally got a tech to set it up via the online chat app.  The only downside to this is, she had to send some kind of signal to my modem to activate the PIN and ever since then my home phone has stopped working.  No dial tone and all incoming calls go straight to voice mail.  The best part of this is, after spending close to an hour on the phone with a tech last night, he decided that something was now wrong with my modem and that they would have to send someone out to my house to look at it, in TWO DAYS.  So now I'm stuck without a home phone for at least 3 days, maybe more.  THANKS COMCAST!!!!

New Visitor
csmiley3

This issue is horrible.

I have had Video for six years with Comcast and recenlty upgraded to Triple Play over two weeks ago. Service works good, Router works, phone works, I can *99 to get to my voice mail.

I can loigin to Customer Central but i get the dreaded FCC message as well.  One 2hr chat session and three differnt calls to reps.  Was told on Sunday someone would call me back in 24-72 hours.  Of course I wasnt around when they did and on several messages all they told me was the issue was resolved.  Last night's sounded very promising. She said she identified that my phone was not assigned to my account and swore she was going to call me back.  Never did.The issue is still there.

So now I can login to Cust Central but it does me no good.  I can't check my bill, I cannot manage my phone including turning off voicemail which my wife doesn't want.  She likes the answering machine, etc.

And am really getting tired of calling Comcast and getting no service whatsoever.

Comcast if you are listening - Do the right thing and get this resolved.  $200/mo for service should not  warrant this lack of activity to a resolution.

HELP!!!!

:manmad:

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

You should have received your PIN via US mail by now.

Until you get the PIN you won't be able to do anything in Customer Central.

Try this instead of calling Comcast:

Although it isn't obvious, this forum is generally a customer to customer forum and is not actively monitored by Comcast. Although Comcast employees (their usernames are in red) are often here to help, they may not see your specific post. You can send an email to

Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

The we_can_help is very responsive and will contact the appropriate people who can solve your issue. Since this is the weekend it may be Monday or early next week before someone from Comcast contacts you.  Or you could receive a response today or tomorrow.

You may not hear anything directly from we_can_help since they pass issues to the right people.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
New Visitor
ND3

Talk about frustration. I spent two hours last night with Comcast on the phone and on live chat. All I wanted was my primary username that I'd forgotten as a result of not using it for years. Without getting into the circles they took me in for two hours, the bottom line was that they gave me a new primary user name and password (twice actually) But I had the same problem as several others on this forum. I didn't have a pin to get into my settings. (I don't have Comcast phone either) The last chat operator finally gave up and told me she would write up a service ticket and someone would get back to me. This morning a Comcast tech showed up at my door to service my "internet service problem". Between Comcast's phone and online customer service, they really don't seem to know what they are doing. So now my "service ticket" is closed out because the tech didn't need to do anything here. I'm about to close out Comcast!    

New Visitor
jsteff78

security pin!!!!

I've been dealing with this "security pin" problem for majority of the time I've been a customer.  First they said they would mail it.  Of course, nothing came.  Next, I tried the online chat.  Every time, I was told it was fixed, and would be resolved on  my end in 24, 48, 72 hrs. Each time, I suspected it wasn't going to be fixed and it  wasn't. In the end, it was basically recommended that I should cancel my phone service since I don't use it and then the problem would be solved.  I haven't done this, because canceling would end up costing more  than keeping it.  I am so frustrated!!  Please help!  The bills that are supposed to be mailed to me never arrive, and I am forced to pay online without even being able to view the bill.  I also can't change my password. Help!!

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

Re: security pin!!!!

As stated in my post above:

Try this instead of calling Comcast:

Although it isn't obvious, this forum is generally a customer to customer forum and is not actively monitored by Comcast. Although Comcast employees (their usernames are in red) are often here to help, they may not see your specific post. You can send an email to

Comcast corporate customer service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com).

For the quickest response, please include:
Your full name;
Service address;
Phone number & an alternate number if possible;
Account number;
A link to your post.

Or you can ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.

The we_can_help is very responsive and will contact the appropriate people who can solve your issue. Since this is the weekend it may be Monday or early next week before someone from Comcast contacts you. Or you could receive a response today or tomorrow.

You may not hear anything directly from we_can_help since they pass issues to the right people.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

New Visitor
knitjam

Just spoke w customer rep. re: same problem.  Apparently only arises when you add digital voice. You sign in on 'comcast.net' w complete comcast email address of primary user. She reset my password for me.  Then once she verified me by a phone call to home number etc, able to send pin to my official comcast email address (not the one you might have on record with them).

New Visitor
kkidde

I had Comcast installed yesterday and so far it's a disaster..phone doesnt work and the 2 cable boxes don't work. In addition, I get the same message about a PIN but never received any email giving me one. Someone is supposed to come in a few days to fix this but oddly the bill has arrived for a lot more than I signed up for. When I "request" one, I get a message saying my request can't be processed. Talk about frustrated.

Any suggestions?

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

Read this which will give you more information FCC Regulations and Security PIN

PINs are not sent until AFTER digital voice has been installed. If you do not get a letter from Comcast with the PIN by the end of next week send an email to the we_can_help team. The information you need to give them is posted twice in this thread.

If you call Comcast about this you will discover tthat the reps are clueless about this issue. They tell you to change your password, power cycle the modem, they reprovision the modem. Doing these things does not solve your problem.

Comcast should get rid of the "chat now" feature when customers get the security pin notice because the chat reps can do nothing to help you-don't use it because whoever you chat with will also be clueless.

Call Comcast back. Use the option for phone service. Tell whoever you talk to that a security pin needs to be sent to you via US Mail. If you are lucky, you may get someone who can/will give a pin right then, but don't count on it.

If you get no satisfaction when calling post back and someone will escalate to the forum admin or give you an alternate way to get help with the issue.

To me, the most interesting thing in your post is you stated you got Comcast installed yesterday and you received a bill today.

New Visitor
dajimenez

Larry, I have the same problem.  Can you have someone help me with this too?

New Visitor
dmk679

Same issue here. I do not have phone service but the online portal asks for PIN/security question, will not let me enter it anywhere (even though I dont have it). 

I did the online chat twice, emailed three times, called twice...hours wasted and no fix. 

Is there anyone at Comcast that can fix this issue?? I am a new customer and am thoroughly frustrated.

Service Expert
Again

Only as a suggestion, and I have NO idea if it will work or not, try using the last four digits of your SS#.  Oftentimes that is used until you call and request a change.

Like I said, no guarantee that it will work, but it's worth a try.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

New Visitor
dmk679

I am not supposed to have a security PIN since I do not have the phone service. Online, there is no place for me to enter anything. This is the same issue others are having.

New Visitor
dmk679

I received a call from tier 2 support last night and they fixed the issue. They indicated that there were "pieces" of the voice plan on my account even though I do not have voice service. I am very appreciative that this issue is finally fixed...but was frustrated trying to get Comcast to listen.

New Visitor
mkhopper

Took some digging around but this worked for me.

Make sure you're signed out of your account in any other browser window or tab.   Close and reopen your browser even just to be sure.

**disclaimer**

If digital voice isn't part of your account, I'm not sure if this will work for you.  If you can log in and go through the steps, check your account status when you've finished.   I can't imagine this would add voice to your account if you don't already have it, but I don't want to be responsible for someone's bill suddenly going up....

Go to:
https://digitalvoice.comcast.net

If this is the first time you've visited this site, you'll go through a 4 step process of setting up your digital voice mail.

The final step of this process runs through setting up a PIN and security question.   Once I did this, I was able to access my normal account pages without the warning message about the FCC requirements.

New Visitor
mdelio

After two months of frustration with Comcast support reps who were unable to provide me with the elusive security PIN, I tried mkhopper's solution 

>Go to:

https://digitalvoice.comcast.net

If this is the first time you've visited this site, you'll go through a 4 step process of setting up your digital voice mail.The final step of this process runs through setting up a PIN and security question.   Once I did this, I was able to access my normal account pages without the warning message about the FCC requirements.

This worked perfectly. Why can't Comcast point us to this simple solution????

Thank you mkhopper!

New Visitor
Joyful12

Me too, very frustrated. I keep getting the same message as well and can't do anything or get any information regarding my account. Also completely puzzled as to how to create a pin and security question as I'm not allowed to do or view anything without it.

Visitor

Good for you but now that link does not work - keeps coming up with an error message and says try again later.

Visitor

I've had internet and cable for years.  I added voice/phone last week.  Now I get this same message.  I've had 4 customer service people not have a clue what that message is.  Two of them changed my password, without my permission, assuming a password reset was the problem.

How do I get my PIN?  When do I get it?  

Am I supposed to request a PIN?  Get one in the mail?  Email?

I cannot login to my account at this time....

Official Employee
ComcastNick

The PIN number is mailed out to you when your phone service is activated.  Normally takes a couple days through the postal service.  I can get it emailed to you if that is more convient. 

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
spydery1

I've been trying to update my account and don't know my pin. the request pin screen always says not able to send at this time.  Is there another way to get it? by email preferably.

thanks

New Visitor
Hively

Worked for me just now--greatly appreciate the tip!

New Visitor
rjroberts

i haven't received any pin in the mail and i too cannot log in to the account. please send to e-mail if that's possible. i requested to re-send the pin and it said they cannot perform that action; try again later. very frustrating.  thanks.

New Visitor
PIR8_HNTR

Everytime I log into the website, I'm getting a "In accordance with FCC regulations, Comcast requires the Primary user enter the Security PIN and create a Security Question and Answer. Please contact the Primary user to update the account status. Thank you." every time I log in. Extremely frustrated. Custormer Support is absolutely NO HELP!!
New Visitor
dwetzel2

when i login in to my account it logs in ok but i can veiw my bill or any thing causer it tells me that i need to put seruity pin that i received in the mail i never received a pin in the mail from comcast so could u help me with this thank you

Official Employee
ComcastNick

dwetzel2 wrote:

when i login in to my account it logs in ok but i can veiw my bill or any thing causer it tells me that i need to put seruity pin that i received in the mail i never received a pin in the mail from comcast so could u help me with this thank you

Check your email

Comcast Nick
APSC Supervisor
New Visitor
connieyoo

I'm experiencing the exact same issue and I've been in contact with your Service folks three times now and wasted about 3 hours of my time. Nothing has been resolved and I am equally if not more frustrated.

Email Expert
CCCarole

connieyoo wrote:

I'm experiencing the exact same issue and I've been in contact with your Service folks three times now and wasted about 3 hours of my time. Nothing has been resolved and I am equally if not more frustrated.

I have notiifed the Administrator.  Watch for a reply please.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
Derek1975

ComcastNick

could you send me a email as well about this issue

New Visitor
Shatter

Im having the same issue, can you send me an email as well?

New Visitor
aandtjohnson

ME TOO.

I get this STUPID FCC message and there is absolutely no place to enter a PIN. Do I even have a PIN.

I tried there chat and must have been talking to a complete xxxxx.

I called Customer Service and spent an hour on the phone with TOM at x69302. He finally agreed I had a problem and he would work on it. He promised to get back to me.

Nope, never did.

Please HELP.

Email Expert
CCCarole

ALL-

Send an email to the We Can Help Team.  Different Moderators are in the Forums on different days and times, so Nick may not see your posts soon.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

.Please include all of the following in your email:

Service address

The full name on your account

Home phone number & an alternate number where you can be reached if possible

Your Comcast Account number

A link to this Thread

A detailed description of the problem

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
jbruckner1236

Same deal with me.  I have an older account and my email address changed.  When I went online and tried to change my account access I got into a similar situation as those discussed in this thread.

I am waiting in a cue now trying to talk to a customer service agent.

Jeff Bruckner

New Visitor
jbruckner1236

Same deal with me!

Jeff Bruckner

New Visitor
Carolyndeet

I'm having the same message it is very frustrating.  can someone from comcast please tell me where you enter your pin?  I looked it up under help and it tells me to go to customer central, so i do, but then I just get the same message, no place to enter your pin.  Comcast REALLY neeeds to make this a lot easier.

New Visitor
kishat

help please im having the same problem i need someone to send my security pin please

New Visitor
MarylB

Obviously there is a problem with this system. I have the security PIN but there is no place to enter it. I did reach out to customer service via email and never received a response. I am starting to regret adding phone service because that's when it all started. Everything was fine before that. Honestly, AT&T is starting to look good right about now. Please get this into the hands of someone who can fix it.

Thanks.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Try this that is Message 3 21in THIS Thread:

Go to: https://digitalvoice.comcast.net

If this is the first time you've visited this site, you'll go through a 4 step process of setting up your digital voice mail.

The final step of this process runs through setting up a PIN and security question.   Once I did this, I was able to access my normal account pages without the warning message about the FCC requirements.

Make sure that you are signed in with the Primary Username and password the next time you try setting it up through Customer Central. 

Entering a Security PIN

1. Log in to the Xfinity Connect (after you have received your Security PIN via USPS)
  2. Click the Customer Central login link from the home tab or voice tab message
  3. You must re-enter your password for security purposes
  4. Enter your Security PIN in the Security PIN field, then select a Security Question from the drop-down menu and enter your secret answer

Note: The Security Question will be used if you cannot remember your Security PIN.

1. Click Update - you can now access your online voice data

If you do not have Comcast phone service and you are receiving this message, please contact our Customer Support team at 1-800-Comcast begin_of_the_skype_highlighting FREE 1-800-Comcast end_of_the_skype_highlighting for additional assistance.

New Visitor
Kudzucat

Obviously Comcast is still having issues with this Security Pin question.  We still don't have one after signing up for the Triple Play package on 6/30/12.  Almost all of the parts of package had a probllem and after too numerous to coount phone calls and chats, everything thing seems to be working.

However, tonight I tried the advice  in mkhopper's 12/21/11 message about going to: https://digitalvoice.comcast.net and I succeeded in getting a pin (I have no idea what it is) and being able to set up a Secondary email.  Still can't access Mail and Voice via the iPhone, but at least getting somewhere.

BUT IT SHOULDN'T BE THIS HARD!

New Visitor
HateNDiscontent

Seems that I have fallen victim of this security bug as well...  From what I see in this thread alone this has been going on for 2-3 years at least?

I mean really whats the point of this dam code if noone here uses it ?

FCC be dam'd get rid of this and fix the digital services or I'll be looking to ATT to replace you.

New Visitor
stonnyfor

im getting this message as well. In accordance with FCC regulations, Comcast requires the Primary user enter the Security PIN and create a Security Question and Answer. Please contact the Primary user to update the account status. Thank you.

I have had comcast for over two years and I never had this problem before so please help it does not even let me know if my bill is due or not or how much is do

New Visitor
cdmerci

I am having the same problem and despite talking to two customer service reps, a supervisor and hte issue being pushed up to the software engineers they still have not resolved my problem. It seems that all users who have the Digital Voice are the ones who are effected by it. Maybe if I they lose my service and my money for Digital Voice and everyone else they might consider fixing the problem.

New Visitor
keyadvisor

I have been waiting for my PIN and nothing is coming. I need it asap .... Im so stressed and frustrated. PLEASE HELP ME

Email Expert
madylarian

This problem is still ongoing.  I am getting this message on my unrestricted accounts.  On the other hand, I have no problem with the primary or 2 restricted accounts.  And yet, I do NOT have digital voice!!!!!!  The first time I called I was told everyone needed a PIN number.  The next day I finally got someone who saw the problem but they told me it would take 3 days and that someone would call me.  Uh huh, and I have a bridge for sale.

mady

Honi soit qui mal y pense