Contributor

Service ALWAYS going down

I swear, our service goes down/ out whatever at least once a week. The past seven days, went down 3 times in one day. Everytime it goes out I have to go and recycle. It is good service when it is working. I am happy we am not the only ones. Comcast is in hot water in the Savannah area. Rude CSR, Bad service. But yet we pay and pay more, and have NO choice because the rule the roost here. Got a feeling there will not be another provider here for a while.

Recognized Contributor
MissyLaneous

Re: Service ALWAYS going down

My suggestion:  call and insist on a tech visit.  Not sure if you're referring to your TV or internet, but it sounds like something's not right.  That "power cycle your modem/digital box" seems to be the stock-in-trade response ... regardless of the situation.

I have learned to request the employee's name and Comcast ID number when I have problems, and insist they document my service issue(s).  Not sure they actually do; nor do I know if they're giving me "made up" IDs but at least puts employees on notice that this customer is taking notice.  I do that with ANY large company, too.

CCCarole

You might also want to post your connection issues in the Connectivity & Modem Forum and see if any of the Connection Experts can help you at all.  Here's the link:

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity-and-Modem-Help/bd-p/5

If you go to that Forum, also note the two 'sticky threads' at the top of the page. 

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity-and-Modem-Help/Troubleshooting-Suggestions-for-Connection-...

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Connectivity-and-Modem-Help/Information-Required-for-Connection-related...

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Contributor

Sorry it is the  internet... I do have the tv but our direct tv overrides it.

I am going to look at the links.. thanks

New Visitor
bluerotti

Same here, last 5 weekends it has gone down, they offer nothing, do not card. I have had 3 service trucks in our neighborhood and it still goes down.  This is not me, it is an area outage every weekend for a month. and there is no CSR that even cares.

I can't get to anyone above a CSR, I have waited up to 30 minutes being told I would, but they never picked up.

A month of this and they can't explain, offer no credits for service out. I don't want a credit, I want service that works. I work from home so this hits me on my personal and business.  On my court, I am the last on Comcast and not on Direct TV because all of my neighbors have had enough, and I am not far behind.