Visitor
Accepted Solution

Suspending service during vacation

Can we suspend our service during our 3 month vacation.  What would we have to pay for?

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: Suspending service during vacation

Call 1-800-COMCAST and ask about such an arrangement.

New Visitor
keystonemike

I called today to have my service suspended and got the run around. The operator told me it could not be suspended until April 1 st. I said I had to call back then or go online. I can't find anything online that allows you to do that. I hate calling a general 800 number and it takes twenty minutes to finally get to speak with someone! Is there a more intuitive way?

New Visitor
casabellacondo

I was told by a Comcast online chat rep to call (888)633-4266. Can't find any useful information online.

New Visitor
mikikkkk

they lie. I will be contacting the owners.I had knee surgery, and was not home for 3 months. They didn't care and still Charged me. It's not the service, it's the people!!!! who service us.

New Visitor
THOTTHOM

If you have a home in Florida here is the website to suspend service:

comcastflorida.com/seasonal

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

THOTTHOM wrote:

If you have a home in Florida here is the website to suspend service:

http://comcastflorida.com/seasonal/

Clickable.

New Visitor
casabellacondo

THANK YOU for this link!

Now why is it so difficult for Comcast's own support people to provide this? Like a number of others who took the time to chime in on this thread, I called several times and got the runaround on the phone. This website answered all of my questions. Thanks again, THOTTHOM!

Email Expert
CCCarole
New Visitor
markyarling

All I want to do is suspend my service for the winter not go thru all this bull !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

New Visitor
ammancuso172

I will be leaving April 13, 2011 and hope to return in October, 2011. 

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

ammancuso

You will need to call in and arrange this. This site is a customer to customer help forum and we have access to any account information or the ability to change any of your services.

Thanks

New Visitor
apaulaski

suspending service starting on 4/20/11 keeping the same & paying a montly fee of $14.00 per rep "Ricco" speaking to him on 4/13/11 saying that I would not have to return box is this correct??? would appreciate a reply & also stating I would be given a $5.00 rebate if I do this on line.

Bronze Problem Solver

As has been stated several times in this thread, this is a customer to customer forum.  We cannot confirm nor deny what the customer service representative told you.

New Visitor
JohnyBottine

But the only Vacation suspending service works only for certain cities.  If your city is not in the list, it does not work.  It did not work for me.  Help!!!

New Visitor
markyarling

I would like to suspend service on May 1, 2011 until Nov. 1, 2011. Would you confirm this and let me know what my monthly charge will be for this period ?

Silver Problem Solver
commanguy

@markyarling

This is a customer to customer help forum. We cannot confirm, deny, have access to accounts, no access to the local rate sheets, or make any changes to your service. Comcast employees do limited monitoring of this forum unless notified of a issue; notification does not mean they will be able to reply the same day since they take the notifications in order of how they received them,

The only way to handle this is to call in.

New Visitor
apaulaski

Just completed the complete form the gentleman yesterday gave me the wrong email to do this online to get a $5 rebate he told me seasonal the gentleman today told me to use orlando area and it worked so according to what I filled out it worked today thanks for all of your help well appreciated

New Visitor

I am interested in this offer.  My departure plans will be May 3 with one possible return during the summer. My return will be approximately Oct. 15.

Please advise how we can proceed based on this  information.

Tom Kinsella

Bronze Problem Solver

Hi, Tom.  Please see the previous posts in this thread.  :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
shirleyzaporzon

this appears to be just for the Gulf coast.

New Visitor
andrews1801

Not always true. My city is not on the Comcast list for this service (Key West), they tell me.

New Visitor
sonny8660

You can start stop vacation hold by going to http://www.comcastflorida.com/seasonal   It works.  Nothing on the comcast site leads to this.  I received a letter giving me the info a couple months back. 

New Visitor
orangemen90

thank you..