New Visitor
nillogic

Terrible Customer Service! I wonder what the ads on TV are based on.

I just spoke to a customer service rep. I wanted to disconnect my cable service. I had called a week back and after around 45 mins of rerouting through different departments I was tolled that the cancelation department was closed. I got busy through the rest of the week as I work late.

Then I called back the customer service today. Finally got to speak to the cancelation department. The lady was so rude. I just asked her if there was a way for us to know when the promotional period ends Atleast an email? She started yelling at me saying that it wasn't her responsibilty. Just calm down lady. If you are working on the weekend it is not my fault! Then I asked if there was anyother plan which i could get into. The new plan was costing me just 20$ less. She got mad @ that too. She did not even give me instructions that I had to return my equipment as she was in a hurry to hang up. I had to force her to tell me those instructions too.

Hopefully somebody reads these forums. If you do not mean customer service please stop advertising as one of the best.  I wish I had more options to switch. I WFH sometimes, So I cannot cancel my internet service.

New Visitor
nikki_inct78

Re: Terrible Customer Service! I wonder what the ads on TV are based on.

I agree 100%! None of the phone calls or chats that I have had with comcast have shown any kind of good customer service. Only if its for their benefits. But shoot owe them money then see how much they care.

New Visitor
Comfynumb

Wow I've had nothing but good experiences with their customer service. They've helped me with numerous problems I've had with set top boxes, they've even given me money off my bill on two different occasions. If I were you I'd get a supervisor and tell them about it, I'm a buissness owner and I always treat my customers with respect and occasionally they don't deserve it..
New Visitor

I agree. With all of the ads that I have to wade through I sometime forget where it was that I was going.

The other part is, unless you want to deal with "Contracts for 2 years and huge penalties for dropping out"

we are stuck with the cable system that charges big bucks for their service and makes you watch the ads on top of the monthly charges.

Contributor
jandro257

I used to find that comcast offered great service.  I've had good experiences in the past, but in the last two years it's been nothing but a hassle.  I always feel rushed, reps are in a bad mood, and I'm always being transferred to other people.  Why can't any of these people feel obligated to help?  What are they being paid for, and is the corporate office aware of the poor experiences and service that customers are getting from contacting comcast?  I would hope that they are feeling the need to go through and start replacing these surly associates.  Customer service has been a big make-it-or-break-it in this economy.