Visitor
Jeriku

Re: The 250gb data cap is ruining my family. It HAS to go.

Well, the only reason I went back to Comcast was the $29 20MB / dl pacakge. I know its only for 6 months and then goes to regular price, but averaged through the year it would have been pretty nice. I don't want triple play, I don't want double play....all I want is a solid internet connection that I can use for Netflix and surfing, without paying an arm, leg, kidney etc.. I have no use for phone, everyone in my home has a cell, and or 100+ channels that either show nothing good or endless reruns and commercials.

My options are limited here, you have Verizon and Comcast. Cavalier is getting out of residential and it shows with the quality and customer service. The only other non-options for me are Clear and Satellite.

Really Comcast would be fine for me, with a cap of 500-750GB....probably, but they are more interested in teaching you how to curb your usage and still pay full price.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Jeriku wrote:The only other non-options for me are Clear and Satellite.

I just installed Clear 4G Home for a customer. They are getting 6/1 speeds with unlimited data for $49/month.

Bronze Problem Solver
Jim721

I want to know this..... If Comcast says high usage makes for a bad internet for your neighbors then Y is it if you switch to buisness class for more money and no cap its ok at that point to infringe on your neighbors internet ??? Sounds to me like comcast could care less about the customer and really only cares about making more money.

New Visitor
AnyVolCapUnfair

I just found out about the cap today. I've been a customer for only 6 months. I did not initially read the AUP, as i belivve most people don't. So I have just a few questions:

1. Does Comcast endure a cap for thier connection to the internet ?

2. The AUP uses the word "consume" which means to "use or use up" I consume a glass of water. I do not consume the glass if I fill it with something. So why are my upload packets being charged as consumables?

3. Why doesn't Comcast disclose this cap in their sales literature?

I have never had to worry about usage caps until now. I see that this month I will go over for the first time. Now I have one more thing to worry about. Next I'll have to worry about being charged for depositing to much in a commercial restroom. I sure hope this post doen't push my usage over the edge !

New Visitor
Fentontech

[ Edited ]

i-am-nerdburg wrote:

Jeriku wrote:The only other non-options for me are Clear and Satellite.

I just installed Clear 4G Home for a customer. They are getting 6/1 speeds with unlimited data for $49/month.

Dont think Clear wont limit you either... here is a Clip from their AUP:

Excessive Utilization of Network Resources. Wireless networks have capacity limits, and all customers can suffer from degraded or denied service when one user (or a small group of users) consumes a disproportionate amount of a wireless network’s resources. Clearwire, therefore, will monitor both overall network performance and individual resource consumption to determine if any user is consuming a disproportionate amount of available resources and creating the potential to disrupt or degrade the Clearwire network or network usage by others. This process of monitoring both overall network performance and individual resource consumption is consistent with the description of the nature of the Service previously described in this AUP. Clearwire reserves the right to engage in reasonable network management to protect the overall network, including analyzing traffic patterns and preventing the distribution of viruses or other malicious code. During periods of congestion, Clearwire uses various network management techniques, such as reducing the data rate of individual bandwidth intensive users whose use is negatively impacting other users. This temporarily limits the amount of bandwidth available to the bandwidth intensive users until the congestion has diminished, at which point Clearwire will endeavor to lift any limits it may have imposed on bandwidth intensive users during the period of congestion. Clearwire may also consider historical usage patterns when temporarily reducing the data rate of bandwidth intensive users during periods of congestion. When feasible, upon observation of an excessive use pattern, Clearwire will attempt to contact you by telephone (at the telephone number you gave to us) or otherwise alert you to your excessive use of bandwidth and to help you determine the cause. Clearwire representatives also are available to explain this AUP and to help you avoid excessive use incidents. If you are unavailable or do not respond to Clearwire’s attempt to contact you regarding excessive use, or if excessive use is ongoing or recurring and repeatedly having negative effects on other subscribers of the Service, then Clearwire reserves the right to immediately restrict, suspend or terminate your Service without further notice in order to protect the network and minimize congestion caused by the excessive use. While the determination of what constitutes excessive use depends on the specific state of the network at any given time, excessive use is determined by resource consumption relative to that of a typical individual user of the Service and not by the use of any particular application.

Unlimited Use Plans. If you subscribe to a service plan that does not impose limits on the amount of data you may download or upload during a month (or other applicable service period), you should be aware that such “unlimited” plans are nevertheless subject to the provisions of this AUP. What this means is that all of the provisions described in this AUP, including those that describe how Clearwire may perform reasonable network management such as reducing the data rate of bandwidth intensive users during periods of congestion, will apply to your use of the Service. The term “unlimited” means that we will not place a limit on how much data you upload or download during a month or other particular period.  However, the term “unlimited” does not mean that we will not take steps to reduce your data rate during periods of congestion or take other actions described in this AUP when your usage is negatively impacting the Internet experience of other subscribers to our Service.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

That's congestion management -- it's different than a data cap.

Contributor
paulino02740

i just thought id post something here i use amazon and steam world of warcraft and so on basically i have gone over alot they have not said anything usually its a little under 500g there saying stuff to you's ur using a terabyte go outside enjoy the fresh air!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronze Problem Solver
Jim721

[ Edited ]

Look out now that you posted that. LOL !!!  :smileycool:

Contributor
paulino02740

i still get a warning before anything :smileyhappy:  theres always verizon dsl in my area if i lose it lol

Contributor
GeorgiaVT

Per Business Comcast, the Business Contract can be transferred to a new address.

We've now come close for the third time, and decided to switch to business. The guy we talked to said if you do move, you can keep the current contract and just move your equipment, so the three-year contract doesn't get voided if we do have to move.

He agreed that to go over, you simply need to watch three hours of HD Netflix or Hulu every day and that puts  you at the cap. With my kids online high school and college courses, Vonage, email, and gaming, we're tired of having to police the cap. Our wireless router is password protected and there are no viruses. We simply gave up cable and watch all of our TV via HuluPlus and that's putting us over when added to everything else.

New Visitor
intelligents

There are a lot of users on the network, the cap helps keep costs down and speeds consistant for the rest of us. If you need more than 250gb/month then get a business class service. The service levels are a lot bettter for buseinss customers, tech support people with years of experience, priority repairs, setup. and tons of little bonuses.

New Visitor
sf_boston

At $100/month for business class is a steep upgrade simply to be able to have 251GB/month. They should move to a usage model of lets say $25/month for the first 50GB and $5 for each 50GB after that. They are already monitoring data usage so the old argument that they can't handle the billing is wrong. It purely comes down to greed on Comcast's part. Unfortunately for me they are the only wideband provider in town.

New Visitor
cheeseboy80

Business class is too expensive though. I think they should reset the cap every 5 or 10 days. If not,  they should increase the cap or give us the option to buy more bandwidth. 250GB is not enough for full month especially big household of people. Months are too long! There are 30 or 31 days except for february!  It's hard to keep it under 250GB that long amount of time.

Contributor
GeorgiaVT

The basic business class 12mbps download speeds is $59.99 a month. It's actually going to come up $5 less than the residential plan we were on. The speeds are slower, but to not have the cap and have to worry about being shut off when our only other option is dial-up is worth it to us.

New Visitor

Y'all may be missing the point a little bit ... I agree the cap is unfortunate (with a hi-tech family of 7 I routinely use over 750GB/month) ... however it doesn't represent Comcast trying to take unfair advantage so much as it highlights just how much Internet use has grown .. far beyond what any Network engineers at Comcast anticipated or planned for.

I suspect if we were not capped there would be periods when Comcast's network infrastructure would be overwhelmed. They need to build out their network faster, and to do that they need to spend money ... its happening but slowly.

I am in the process of switching over to Comcast Business Class for my home ... the costs are a little higher, but not significantly more, and the service level/service guarantees are worth it to me for now.  If it doesn't work out I'll be a FiOS customer by the end of the summer.

New Visitor
sf_boston

The cap was put in place over 4.5 years ago and hasn't gone up since. If Comcast engineers thought Internet usage wouldn't go up during that period then they should find another line of work. Either increase the cap on an annual basis based on "average" internet usage growth or switch to a usage model where people simply pay for what they use.

It is "unfair" when Comcast is the only game in town and they can set the price on a per community basis. You should feel lucky you have access to FIOS as I doubt Verizon will ever decide to continue building out as they lost too much money with what they've done so far.

New Visitor
Mpicket1

I think I may contact a lawyer about this because I was both verbally and in the contract guaranteed an unlimited usage when I signed up now they are breaking that contract I am pretty sure that’s not legal if not immoral especially since my bill has went from $45 a month to $73. Comcast also screwed there customers with there cable tv service, It seems like comcast is trying to chase there customers away and believe me there are other providers out there comcast.

Contributor
GeorgiaVT

When I signed up with this Internet service, it was actually Lake Champlain Cable who were taking over by Adelphia with Unlimited Internet, and then Comcast took over around 10 years ago. When they did, my account was converted, I wasn't told to sign a new contract. The only contract I've ever signed was with Adelphia. I never agreed to this bandwidth cap. I'm paying one of the highest residential packages too, and it's not some promotional special like many talk about. I've been a customer too long to receive any deals. Given that, my paying extra only accounts for higher speeds, I'm not offered the option to pay extra for more bandwidth.

IF they really didn't plan for the usage to change, which I'm sure they didn't, they should stop taking on new customers until the supply can meet the demand.

Comcast Business is supposed to be here within the hour to switch us over. Paying $2 less a month for unlimited bandwidth will be well worth it to me.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Mpicket1 wrote:

I think I may contact a lawyer about this because I was both verbally and in the contract guaranteed an unlimited usag...

Really? What contract was that? I haven't seen Comcast say "unlimited" anywhere in the past few years. And are you aware of the binding arbitration clause?

New Visitor
sf_boston

A little more information on the Verizon FIOS buildout. In a "quid pro quo" Verizon will get a bunch of extra wireless spectrum from the cable companies relatively cheaply in exchange for Verizon will stop building out FIOS and will likely eventually cede it's entire FIOS business to the cable companies. In addition each side will resell the others offerings (e.g. Comcast will resell Verizon cell service, Verizon will resell Comcast cable tv). At the end of the day it's one less cable/internet provider and one less cell service provider that could have been created by the cable companies. Everyone wins! Well of course except for us. I knew something was up when suddenly last year Verizon stopped reselling satellite in areas that they didn't have FIOS.

Contributor
GeorgiaVT

Re: For those who asked about my experience switching

The Comcast Business guy just left. First, he gave us a brand new modem, which was nice given that the other one was 10 years old and Comcast Residential kept saying there was no need to replace it.

Took about 40 minutes to switch us over. Our set up remained exactly the same with the computers and wireless router and its password, though I know my son will change it now just because.

The plan is going to cost us (with the modem rental) $66.95 a month plus tax. Our last bill for residential was $71.92 with tax, so I'm figuring we'll save a couple dollars when all is said and done. We paid the $50 installation with the three year contract. We were told, and the contract states, that if we move, we can bring the same service with us and not deal with any penalities, so I don't mind the three-year contract.

I just tested speeds. I'm actually getting faster speeds than I was before. My laptop's nearing 8 years old and the wireless card has been failing slowly for months, but I'm seeing exactly how long it will last. On residential (20mbps plan) I would pull in 4.5mbps for downloads and 6 for uploads. My son got 17/6, my daughter got 15/6. The business plan is for 12/2mbps. I'm pulling in 7 and 6, my son's computer is getting 15/6 and my daughter's getting 12/6. With the business, you do only get two email accounts, but that's not that big a deal with me since we use gmail addresses.

It has glitched once, right after he left the house, lost the signal, and quickly reset itself. I'm watching to see if it was a one time thing or if it happens with any frequency. If it does, I'll call them back out to investigate. But it's been 45 minutes now and it hasn't happened again.

Recognized Contributor
sabretooth

Bottomline... at the end of all conrtracts there is this...

Comcast reservers the right to change specifications at any time. 

New Visitor
nontaibeo

Hi all,

The "Data caps planer" they are made good morney so that also mean they are not having time for wach TVs or movie at all (at home)

We are living in "HIGH DEF" techologies and it called out "Digital life's" Everything from now on count by MBs, GBs or TBs and that is why the HDD company made out for big drive 4TB/per drive.

If you watch a blu-ray movie and it originally 50GB per movie, and if you compressed 50GB down to 1/4. How much the blu-ray movie needs for the capacity for Netflix, Hulu to streaming to you?

With 250GB, you only able to "Watch movies" only for less than 10 movies/motnh then you have to WAIT for the next month to be countinued. :smileyhappy:

I think with Comcast "250GB" is really too much for them, they should be count by kbs after that 10$ for every single MB.

Soon AT&T will charge costumer by kbs too..

We (internet users) should go back to the 28kps dial up modem to preventing "not go over limit of 250GB"

LOL @ Comcast and ATT

New Visitor
cmctsucks

Re: My art school had 10 computer labs. Do you think they had a limit???????

CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE. I went the Art Institutes International. Do you really think they Did Not exceed their limit ? Oh please.

Contributor
dwlloyd810

I agree Comcast's new 250 Gb limit is hopelessly antiquated for a tech-savy family of five. Anyone who watches steaming content of any kind will easily exceed the limit. I had to throttle our roku boxes to below HD quality, and we are still in danger of going over the limit.  

I'm currently trying to nail down why we use 7 Gb in less than a day when no one is home.

I know why we went over the limit in March. I copied a 200 Gb data backup in anticipation of replacing our SpiderOak online backup software with a cheaper plan to use Cobian backup to FTP 256-bit encrypted backups to cloud-based storage. Of course other family members also use cloud-based storage for their backups. I have two daughters who upload video blogs daily. All the kids play graphic-intense video games when they are not watching web-based video. Although I don't use outlook's email, it is constantly downloading email locally, including spam with attached videos I never watch, but they are downloaded anyway in case I may want to view the spam offline.

The more I think about all of the ways we can easily exceed the paltry 250 Gb monthly limit, the less I believe comcast's propoganda that "most people" use under 10 Gb per month. The limit does not seem reasonable to me.

When I purchased Comcast's service, they called it "unlimited." I accidentally discovered the 250 Gb limit as I as was investigating why Comcast's speed has NEVER been what they promise. I thought they might be throttling my connection, and I encountered information about the limit as a I was investigating throttling. BTW, regardless of what they say, I can prove Comcast does in fact shape their band width. (Regardless, that's not why I'm struggling with slow speed and frequent interruptions. That issue is still unresolved.) 

As I have been recently watching our data use, I discovered that during the day, with all machines off except my Kindle, my phone, my Laptop and my Desktop, when I'm the only one home, and frequently sleeping during that time (I'm recovering from a brain injury after a car hit me while I was bicycling), by the time our family STARTS to use our service in the evenings , we frequently have used 7 Gb of our approximate 8 Gb daily limit. 

Comcast claims they believe 10 Gb is average monthly use per person. THAT belief seems antiquated. They must think average internet users only read articles and send email. In my experience, average teenagers do those tasks while they listen to non-stop streaming music, watch school assignment videos, skype with friends, vlog, and and watch each other's YouTube videos while background services like Carbonite back up every file they create or download.

Since our family IS tech savy, I think we get by using less bandwidth than many people. I'm suspicious of Comcast's numbers. I think the average family of five is likely to use much more than 250 Gb, not significantly less!

I just said I'm the only one home, but my wife is home most of the time that I am home. I don't think of her as an internet user, however, she does have her own computer. She uses email, and she subscribes to a music service that streams music nearly 24/7. I never even considered the impact of that stream. Still, I would not expect streaming music to use more than 10 Gb per month (no calculation, that's a number picked out of the air that "feels" about right).

For now, I'm going to continue monitoring total data flow from each IP address on our home network and see whether the total flow adds up to the amount of data Comcast claims we are using. We are considering upgrading to Comcast business service which they claim is "actually" unlimited, but to do that, Comcast's rules say we must switch before Comcast security "reports" us!

Apparently, Comcast believes that all users exceeding their 250 Gb limit are up to no good, but I think Comcast is just hopelessly out of touch with how people use technology in their homes.

Contributor
dwlloyd810

I just negotiated with Comcast to lower my rate, and they were still calling their service "unlimited" even after I asked about their 250 Gb limit. When I pressed them, the person on the line claims "no one" could ever go over 250 Gb, so it's OK to call it unlimited.

Contributor
dwlloyd810

Really? What contract was that? I haven't seen Comcast say "unlimited" anywhere in the past few years. And are you aware of the binding arbitration clause?

I don't think "binding arbitration" has any teeth in a situation in which a company has violated its contract. I'm no lawyer, but I would expect to have to try binding arbitration first, but if a solution cannot be reached, they can't prevent someone from accessing the legal system.

Although I have no intention to sue Comcast (I hate lawsuits in general), their sales people have lied to me so many times on so many occasions it just seems like the way Comcast does business to me. Document everything. (I still have in writing that the first sales person who convincd me to move to Comcast promised I could re-enter my initial rate by calling a certain 800 number when my rates went up. They did not honor that promise. They promised me 16 Mbps speed that was going to be double my 8 Mbps speed from CenturyLink DSL, but my actual speed with the DSL was about 7.9 Mbps, and my actual speed with Comcast's "16 Mbps" service averaged 3.6 Mbps instead. I stayed with Comcast because they cost less.

New Visitor
sf_boston

For those that use Netflix I noticed that they have a feature to "Manage video quality" under Account/Settings. This can reduce the amount of bandwidth you are using with Netflix at the cost of reduced video quality.

Contributor
dwlloyd810

The only reason our family isn't using terrabytes of monthly data is because we carefully restict our use, which seems to defeat the purpose of having "unlimited" internet access. If I did what I would like to do, and view my internet television unthrottled, if I removed the throttles on my kids' game machines, and if I just allowed my backup software to work with default settings, our family of five would easily cross the limit. I developed those throttles when we had DSL because we would overwhelm our bandwidth, not because of any limit. When we switched to Comcast I initially intended to relax those throttles, but instead, I found greater need, since our Comcast service is only about half as fast as the DSL we gave up (at three times the price).

Contributor
dwlloyd810

You make a good point about concurrent multi-device use by multiple family members. In our home, nearly everyone uses two or more internet devices at a time. Even I (not nearly as socially connected as the kids) will frequently watch Internet TV with my laptop in front of me while I text with friends using a WiFi smartphone, (and sometimes with a connected Kindle reader also), but my kids put my use to shame. My son won't sit down to watch a family movie (internet TV) without an internet-connected game, laptop, and notepad. That blue glow of the smartphone/notepad is everyone's constant companion while spending "quality time" in front of internet television. If I didn't need to see local television news once in a while, and maybe national news during elections, I'm not sure we would even bother with cable.

As I write, I just took a quick look around me. I'm using my desktop computer with my laptop at my side, a Phillips music video player at my right (currently off, but often it is online playing music videos) my WiFi cell phone is ready for use in my pocket (it has my calendar and to-do list which syncs via the cloud to my computer, but the apps on the phone are more convenient than the computer). My Kindle is usually part of this picture, but not at the moment.

THAT is how we use internet in our family, and we've been doing things this way for years. My kids' use is squarely in the middle of the bell curve. They have as many friends who use more internet services as they have friends who use a little less. 

Contributor
dwlloyd810

That's a good point that the 250 Gb limit may have been appropriate when it was set 4.5 years ago, but Moore's law would have made that 250 Gb limit of mid-2008 500 Gb one year later in 2009, 1 Tb in 2010, 2 Tb in 2011, and at least 3 Tb by the end of 2011 (since I didn't read the date on your post, I did my rough calculation based on 4.5 years prior to today). 

Contributor
dwlloyd810

If the current limit was 3 Tb, then I would concur that it is unlikely legitimate use would exceed that limit. Just make sure the limit inflates realistically each year in accordance with Moore's law, and we can all agree about what constitutes reasonable use!

Contributor
dwlloyd810

Re: Per Business Comcast, the Business Contract can be transferred to a new address.

We will probably have to do the same, and go to a business plan, but I've been warned we will take a cut in speed in our area from 16 Gbps to 12 if we move to an unlimited "business" data plan. That's OK. I'll schedule what can be scheduled to use bandwidth at night so we can watch streaming videos during the day and early evenings. It seems a bit dishonest that we are required to label our home network for "business" use, when that is not how we use our home network. 

It is a shame Comcast can't just provide adequate residential band width.

Contributor
dwlloyd810

Re: Per Business Comcast, the Business Contract can be transferred to a new address.

Duh(m), that's 16 Mbps, not 16 Gbps!

Contributor
GeorgiaVT

We expected our speeds to drop when we switched to business, but they actually increased on all computers in our house. Under our residential plan, we were on the 20Gbps and usually pulled in 12 to 15. On the new business plan, we're pulling in 14 to 18.

Contributor
GeorgiaVT

I meant Mbps too... too early in the morning I guess...

New Visitor
kraftx

Re: Ding Dong The Caps Are Gone! In Reply To The Original Poster

[ Edited ]

Ding Dong The Caps Are Gone!!!! At least for the time being..  They are Suspended Effective May 17, 2012 See Comcast OFFICIAL Announcement below.  Please note, it appears that being kicked off the network is a thing of the past - Thank God!  When you read the article it is amazing that the average customer uses only 8 to 10 GB of data a month.  My God, streaming one Blu Ray movie could be 10 GB's or more!!!  It is clear that the vast majority of people with Internet services have no idea how to utilize the great benefits of the service and that Comcast needs the "very small number" (In Message below) of customers that obviously will be more profitable as they use the services that a large Cable/Internet/Media giant like Comcast is able to provide.  We who use our Internet services to stream all of data along with moving the data across our Home Networks via Uploading and downloading are the customers that Comcast needs more than the customers using a paltry 8 gigs a month!!!  My God, why bother with a service like Comcast?  The speed is way over their head.  It appears that 95% or more of the Comcast customer base should go to AT&T DSL service at 1.5 Mbps for $14.95 a month since they obviously are not utilizing their Internet services the way that they are intended to be utilized given the speeds involved.

Oh well, that is a conversation for another day.  Today we Rejoice the End of being Literally Kicked around by Comcast!!!

About excessive use of data     
        Updated        5/17/2012 5:18:16 PM        by        Comcast Expert   
                Introduction           

Comcast  Monthly Data Usage Threshold Suspension

Questions  and Answers About Our Acceptable Use Policy

IMPORTANT UPDATE (May 17, 2012): Effective  immediately, we've decided to change our Acceptable Use Policy and replace our current  250 GB monthly data usage threshold with a more flexible one. Our goal is to  provide options that benefit consumers while also ensuring that all of our  customers enjoy the best possible Internet experience over our high-speed data  service. In the next few months, we are going to trial improved data usage  management approaches that are comparable to plans that other Internet service  providers in the market are using and will provide our customers with more  choice and flexibility than our current policy.  More information can be found in the Q&A  below.

Q. Why are you making  this change? A.  We've always said that as the  marketplace and technology changes, so would we. We've also always said that we  would evaluate customer data usage, and a variety of other factors, and make  adjustments as the marketplace evolved. Over the last several years, we  have periodically reviewed this policy, and for the past several months we have  been analyzing the market and our process and think that now is the time to  begin to move to a new approach.

Q. What are the  different approaches you will be testing? A. We'll be piloting at least two approaches, and  we'll provide additional details on these trials as they launch, but here is an  overview.

In  one pilot, we will offer multi-tier usage allowances that incrementally  increase data usage allotments for each tier of high-speed data service from  the current threshold. Thus, we'd start with a 300 GB data usage allotment for  our Internet Essentials, Economy, and Performance Tiers, and then we would have  increasing data allotments for each successive tier of high speed data service  (e.g., Blast and Extreme).  The very few customers who use more data at  each tier can buy additional gigabytes in increments/blocks (e.g., $10 for 50  G:smileycool:.

In  a second pilot, we will increase our data usage thresholds for all tiers to 300  GB per month and also offer additional gigabytes in increments/blocks (e.g.,  $10 per 50 G:smileycool:

In both  approaches, we'll be increasing the initial data usage threshold for our  customers from today's 250GB per month to at least 300GB per month.

Q. Where will these  trials take place? A. We're in the process  of determining trial locations and will share more details soon.

Q. Does this mean  you're going to stop cutting people off who exceed your cap? A. Effective  immediately, we are suspending enforcement of our current data usage cap and we  will launch trials of new data usage approaches, although we will continue to  contact the very small number of excessive users about their usage, which can  be indicative of security or related issues.

Q. You previously said you needed the cap to manage your  network capacity and provide a great customer experience, so how can you  suspend it? A.  We've repeatedly said that as the marketplace and technology evolved we would  continuously evaluate customer data usage, and a variety of other factors, and  make adjustments to our high-speed Internet service. So, we've decided to  change our data usage management approach and replace our current 250 GB usage  threshold with more flexible, consumer-friendly approaches.

Q.How are you  managing your network? A. Comcast uses various tools and techniques to manage its  network, deliver its service, and ensure compliance with the Acceptable Use  Policy and the Customer Agreement for Residential Services available at http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/Policies/SubscriberAgreement.html. These tools and  techniques are dynamic, like the network and its usage, and can and do change  frequently. For more information, please visit our Network Management  Information Center at http://networkmanagement.comcast.net/.

Q. Will you continue  to offer access to the data usage meter? A.  Yes.The Data Usage Meter is an easy and quick way for customers to track their  Internet data usage.  The primary account holder can find it by signing  onto Comcast.net and logging into “My Account.”   Then click on “Users and Settings,” look in the “My Devices” section  (located toward the upper right hand of the screen), and click on “View  Details.” From there, you can view your Data Usage Meter details page that  shows your monthly data usage.  We're  working on ways to make the Data Usage Meter even easier to find and track.

More  information about the Data Usage Meter can be found on our Network Management  page at http://networkmanagement.comcast.net/datausagemeter.htm

Q. What is the average  usage of people on your network today? A.  While we've given a monthly 250 GB cap to our Xfinity Internet customers, their  median monthly data usage is currently only 8 to 10 GB per month (or four  percent of the cap) and the cap impacts just a very small number of customers.

# # #

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Ding Dong The Caps Are Gone! In Reply To The Original Poster