New Visitor
JoshBP

The worst customer service I have ever experienced.

CHAT ID: C2B31F8D-8388-42FE-9BBB-774B474F8277

I wish I had the other chat transcript.  I talked to 2 customer service reps online today, together it took about an hour of my time to simply get a signal sent out to my box to allow me to get the channels that my package included.  After talking about the situation they continued to tell me that I was wrong when I had their channel guide in front of me showing me what channels are in my package and what was not.  I told her multiple times in multiple ways that she was mistaken she continued to insist that the channels were not in my package but the package above mine,  She said she will send me the correct channel guide for my package because "what was online was incorrect".  After she sent that message she quickly sent two seemly pre-generated messages:

• Sharen Jade > As a Comcast Guarantee, we will always be here for you. You can chat with us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for any concerns or questions you might have. You can also contact us by calling 1-800-XFINITY, online via "Ask Comcast" or send us an email and receive a response within 24 hours.
  • Sharen Jade > Thank you for choosing Comcast as your cable TV provider. Comcast appreciates your business and values you as a customer and our goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you need assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us through Live Chat or E-Mail (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week). Comcast also offers great FAQ and Help forums located at http://www.Comcast.net to help you solve many issues on your own. You can also reach us through our Hotline 1-800-COMCAST (1-800-266-2278). Don't forget, you can watch full TV shows and movies online, check out http://www.xfinitytv.com for more information. Good bye for now. Take care!
  • Sharen Jade > Analyst has closed chat and left the room

I then, without any help whatsoever from "Sharen Jade" called their customer service line and I got in touch with a rep there (unfortunately I forgot her name but she was out of their Livermore,CA office) was able to see my problem and send out a signal within 2 minutes tops to fix my problem.  If anyone from Comcast(xfinity..whatever you are) is reading this I hope you can look up my account to see who this woman was and commend her for being your sole respectful customer service representative. (She did not call back as she said she would though...but everything was was working so there was no need.)

I will getting in contact with my local representative to get contact information for whomever is in charge of customer service and make this right otherwise I will cancel my subscription once again, report to the Better Business Bureau, and move back to AT&T U-Verse along with recommending anyone who uses Comcast to switch back as well.

For a company with a "Customer Service Guarantee" your customer service really sucks.  I would figure with all of the online streaming services that are eating up all your profits you would like to have an edge with superior customer service.  I am not at all impressed, in fact quite disappointed...and this is only 4-5 days into my subscription.

New Visitor
buddy777

Re: The worst customer service I have ever experienced.

I have to agree. When I decided to get Comcast I was on antenna. I got all the free tv. we wanted to exspand our channels with a new tv. So we decide to go ahead sighn up. We choose a package with internet they say a service tech will come out to check if your ready to go. I tell them that the cable from house to pole is not connected. they say the service tech wil make sure your able to hook up. Ok! he came out and left and said it was good even though its clearing not hooked upto the pole. I called them back told them the guy was out and the cable is clearly not hooked up. They said just hook up all the box and modem and see if it will work and call them back. We do," knowing its not gonna work. he knows how the cable works. we call back they say well all we can do is send a service tech out to check it again. we wait a week for that. than when he comes he said he is here to hook up our internet. I said no your here to hook us to the pole. It took 7 days and about 12 hours on phone to get hooked up. And they charged me for the tech.

Now I moved," and its starting all over again. Now I have to wait another week. Im so sick of it. I realy may think about getting alot of comcast customers together and whitnessing our stories to a lawyer. Its that bad. and I've never ever did or thought of doing that to anyone. But they have thee worst lousy service. I feel for the employees who realy want to do a good job who get the angry customer due to the way comcast runs their buisness. I wonder how many people got ripped off with rumbled up tech charges. they are ripping people off. how wrong is that. And its no use at all talking to a supervisor who will give you their suppervisor and on and on. Comcast customers need to be herd to the CEO's and president of the company. I so desire to spend a day with the CEO and sit with him/her to make numerious customer visits and calls to their own service people and techs. Just to see how they have their own little games they play as well. But maybe lawyering up will wake them up. Comcast needs to make another stupid real life show Comcast and the CEO as secret customers.

Contributor
ILcustomer

Please provide me with ANY alternatives to Comcast.  After what happened with me today with their Customer Service, I do believe it is time to take my money elsewhere.

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

To get help, you can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) Send a link to this thread and your account details. You can also ask for help in the Broadband Reports Comcast Direct Forum or via Twitter.