Visitor
bigdog1313
Accepted Solution

Tier 2 Support - What does it do for me?

Over the past several months, I have been having intermittant connectivity issues where it has been diagnosed to be outside of my home on the comcast infrastructure.  Everytime I call, they dispatch a tech, he checks the tap and says it needs to be referred to Maintenance.  Finally I have been so fed up, one tech on the call said she would create a Tier 2 call, and it would be addressed quickly.  That was 4 days ago.  I have received 2 calls from a supervisor who said it has been referred to maintenance, but there is no update. 

When I call to followup, I gor the same story - it is with maintenance.  Apparently maintenance does not update calls so the customer has no idea what is going on.

Is Tier 2 support something that actually works? or is is something they tell you to stop from calling support? I'm not getting the best response.

Oh, when you call back, a tech also tries to rediagnose the issue.  I have had tecs not even want to look at the call or listen.  I have been told it is my wireless router, which I am not connected to; splitters, which have been replaced by Comcast; wiring in my house, only 3 years old. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Tier 2 Support - What does it do for me?

I have requested that the Administrator read your post.  Watch this Thread for his reply please.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor
bigdog1313

I just received a call from the supervisor who is tracking the call, who basically said she has not heard from Maintenance.  At least there is someone who is actually tracking the call, which makes me feel a bit better.

Visitor
bigdog1313

Well-The maintenance guy just left.  He changed the amplifier and tuned the levels on the street.  So far so good.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

[ Edited ]

bigdog1313 wrote:

Over the past several months, I have been having intermittant connectivity issues where it has been diagnosed to be outside of my home on the comcast infrastructure.  Everytime I call, they dispatch a tech, he checks the tap and says it needs to be referred to Maintenance.  Finally I have been so fed up, one tech on the call said she would create a Tier 2 call, and it would be addressed quickly.  That was 4 days ago.  I have received 2 calls from a supervisor who said it has been referred to maintenance, but there is no update. 

When I call to followup, I gor the same story - it is with maintenance.  Apparently maintenance does not update calls so the customer has no idea what is going on.

Is Tier 2 support something that actually works? or is is something they tell you to stop from calling support? I'm not getting the best response.

Oh, when you call back, a tech also tries to rediagnose the issue.  I have had tecs not even want to look at the call or listen.  I have been told it is my wireless router, which I am not connected to; splitters, which have been replaced by Comcast; wiring in my house, only 3 years old. 

Apologies for the back- and -forth here. Please let me know if you have further issues - we want to make sure that this was resolved for you.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin