Visitor

Toll Free Number--what's the point

I don't understand the point of calling the toll free number if the person who answers is unable to assist.

I'm considering switching to AT&T or DirectTV, their prices appear better for the service I need. This is especially true considering the promotions they offer. AT&T is offering $300 to try out Uverse, for the same money I pay Comcast, I will have all movie channels, a whole house DVR, and the same internet speed.

I'm not stupid, I may well find out that their service is inferior, but in the meantime I will have an extra $300 bucks and more choices. 

I called the toll free number to see if Comcast would offer any customer retention promotions or make any effort to keep me from trying out a competitor. Well supposedly this person wasn't authorized and no one was currently available who could help. He could however reduce my internet speed and save me so me money, that answer was very unacceptable. I then sent an email explaining my problem, guess what? I was told to call the toll free number, LOL.

So next time I call I will be canceling all or part of my service, I'm sure someone will offer me a deal then, but of course it will be too late because I will have my new satellite or Uverse service.

Thanks for the runaround.

Regular Contributor

Re: Toll Free Number--what's the point

I have had many problems with Comcast my self. 800 number is a joke and a waste of time. Only thing they are good for is calling up and getting a young lady in the billing department and getting your self a $50 credit. 

Visitor

Re: Toll Free Number--what's the point

Yeah I'm amazed at the lack of interest in helping existing customers. I emailed, chatted, called the toll free number, each tells me its not their job.

I'm going to spend some time researching the pro's and cons of Uverse, probably gonna give them a try next week or two. The worst that happens I get some of AT&T's money to try a new technology and then Comcast has to make me an offer to come back.

Seems it would have been cheaper to keep me happy now. Oh well.