New Visitor
sfd-mktg
Accepted Solution

Transfer Service (Moving)

Today I called to transfer my service/moving with NO success. We first discussed that all the same services were available at the new location. Second she confirmed I could keep my 2 original phone numbers. We then discussed the transfer date. At this point I was asked to hold for 2 to 3 minutes. I agreed. After holding for awhile, Sam (Comcast Rep.) told me I would have to open a new account. WHAT, I'm moving 1 1/2 miles away, that's one and a half miles away within the same city and the same zip code. When I refused to open a NEW account and explained that I wanted to transfer my account as is, in full, with all the same services along with the 2 phone numbers I was told that she would have to call me back in a couple of days to confirm it could be done and at that time she would confirm my transfer date. Are you kidding me???? I sure would like to know why this simple process would take a couple of days. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Will I move with or without my Comcast Service?
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Transfer Service (Moving)

To get help, you can contact Comcast Corporate Customer Service (we_can_help@cable.comcast.com) Send a link to this thread and your account details. You can also ask for help via Twitter (@ComcastCares) or Facebook.

New Visitor
sfd-mktg

[ Edited ]
Thank you for your responseComcastwhat a jokeShould be named CON-castThis ordeal started
out bad and only got worseI moved on 09/05/13When I finally got an appointment to transfer my
service it was for Saturday 9/7/13Two days without servicewell okayThe tech (Richard Martin)
showed up on time to tell me my service cable to the house was RG-6 and needed to be RG-11 to
handle all of my servicesMy request was for him to connect my phones lines and internet only. RG-6
is plenty for this. His response was a promise that was never keptHe made a phone call then
explained the followingIf I agree, a Comcast Contractor (CTISBore & Bury Dept would be able to
install the underground cable to the house on Monday morning 09/09/13 and on the same day he would
be back to complete his part of the installationHe gave me his cell number so to call him after CTIS
had completed their partI agreedwhat a mistakeOn Monday CTIS (Kevin) showed up on time and
completed their jobWhen I called the cell number the tech gave me it was a disconnected numberAt
that point my only option was to call 1-800-comcastThis is where the real issue lies with Comcast.
They can do nothing at allOver a period of 6 days and logging calls to 18 different customer service
reps in 5 different state & Mexico absolutely NO-ONE could help meOn the first day Monday 09/09/13
that Comcast did not show up I called and the best Comcast could do was to reschedule my
TRANSFER MY SERVICE and installation to Saturday 09/14/13. That's one week later. After all the
calls to get something done before Saturday 09/14/13 the only comittment I could get was an escalated
order/ticket (which means nothing) for Tuesday 09/10/13 and was told the tech would call 2 hours
before, then Wednesday 09/11/13 another escalated ticket and both days Comcast was a NO-CALL &
NO-SHOW. Finally Saturday 09/14/13 arrived, the rescheduled day for installation. Another NO-CALL &
NO-SHOW. When I called Sunday 09/15/13 I was told the tech was at my house and left a door tag. My
next call was to the guard gate of my community. There was NO tech logged into my community on
Saturday 09/15/13. More Lies & empty promises from CON-cast. After a little research I finally got a
phone number and was able to reach management at CTIS. They did send out a commerical tech the
next day on Monday 09/16/13 to complete the install. CTIS seems to be a well managed contractor of
Comcast, unlike Comcast itself. Comcast, what about all the guarantees and promises we hear from
you? They mean nothing. I want to say THANK YOU to all the people at CTIS. Chris Nagle, Merle
Flemming, Kim, especially Del, and all the support staff in Vero Beach & Ft Pierce, FL for getting my
job completed after 11 days without service. Adrian the tech that did the work and completed the job by
himself in 6 1/2 hours was a very hard worker and did a great job. Thank you Adrian.

New Visitor
sfd-mktg

[ Edited ]

Thank you for your response. Comcast, what a joke! Should be named Con-cast. This ordeal started

out bad and only got worse. I moved on 09/05/13. When I finally got an appointment to transfer my

service it was for Saturday 9/7/13. Two days without service, well okay. The tech showed up on time to tell me my service cable to the house was RG-6 and needed to be RG-11 to

handle all of my services. My request was for him to connect my phones lines and internet only. RG-6

is plenty for this. His response was a promise that was never kept. He made a phone call then

explained the following. If I agree, a Comcast Contractor (CTIS) Bore & Bury Dept would be able to

install the underground cable to the house on Monday morning 09/09/13 and on the same day he would

be back to complete his part of the installation. He gave me his cell number so to call him after CTIS

had completed their part. I agreed, what a mistake. On Monday CTIS (Kevin) showed up on time and

completed their job. When I called the cell number the tech gave me it was a disconnected number. 

At that point my only option was to call 1-800-comcast. This is where the real issue lies with Comcast.

They can do nothing at all. Over a period of 6 days and logging calls to 18 different customer service

reps in 5 different state & Mexico absolutely NO-ONE could help me. On the first day Monday 09/09/13

that Comcast did not show up I called and the best Comcast could do was to reschedule my

Transfer my service and installation to Saturday 09/14/13. That's one week later. After all the

calls to get something done before Saturday 09/14/13 the only comittment I could get was an escalated

order/ticket (which means nothing) for Tuesday 09/10/13 and was told the tech would call 2 hours

before, then Wednesday 09/11/13 another escalated ticket and both days Comcast was a No-Call &

No-Show. Finally Saturday 09/14/13 arrived, the rescheduled day for installation. Another No-Call &

No-Show. When I called Sunday 09/15/13 I was told the tech was at my house and left a door tag. My

next call was to the guard gate of my community. There was NO tech logged into my community on

Saturday 09/15/13. More Lies & empty promises from Con-cast. After a little research I finally got a

phone number and was able to reach management at CTIS. They did send out a commerical tech the

next day on Monday 09/16/13 to complete the install. CTIS seems to be a well managed contractor of

Comcast, unlike Comcast itself. Comcast, what about all the guarantees and promises we hear from

you? They mean nothing. I want to say THANK YOU to all the people at CTIS. Chris, Merle, Kim, especially Del, and all the support staff in Vero Beach & Ft Pierce, FL for getting my

job completed after 11 days without service. Adrian the tech that did the work and completed the job by

himself in 6 1/2 hours was a very hard worker and did a great job. Thank you Adrian.

New Visitor
dstpierrejr

First tried to use the web site, got into an endless loop.. The the phone support.. Yet ran into the same thing you did.. .. So I told them to forget it... Horrible, the worst ever..Like they had no training at all... unreal...