Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Visa Gift Card Issues

[ Edited ]

Please post to this thread if you are having trouble receiving your VISA Gift card. Please be as specific as possible when describing your experience. Be sure to come back and let us know if you have received your gift card after posting here.

Anyone that has not received their Visa card are asked in this Thread to please send an email to Elisa.

Elisa is working to get this resolved for all of you posters, but she needs your information in order to help you. Please send the following information to Elisa_Stagliano@cable.comcast.com.

Name:

- Phone Number on Account:
- Contact Number:
- Best Time To Call:
- Email:

If you have just been installed there is a waiting period of 90 days. Please give sometime after that to receive the Visa card. All issues over 6 months please email all your account information to Elisa.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
New Visitor
shouldveknown

Shame on me

Called today about my Visa gift card that it seems everyone was promised but never receive. Ever heard the statement, "Screw me once-shame on you.. Screw me twice-shame on me". I actually came back to Comcast thinking that maybe, just maybe they had become trustworthy. Now I have a contract, again, until the end of time. Talk about a breech of contract.

Visitor
2WOLFman12

Re: False advertising about $250 gift card

Greetings,

Still Trying to access the $250 gift card promised me at sign up.  Need some help in getting this squared away.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: False advertising about $250 gift card

[ Edited ]

I've notified the Administrator.  Watch this Thread for his reply as he will probably request personal information from you BOTH to be sent to him via email or PM only.

CC

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
JasonK94Z

No Visa gift card!! Is it a scam? Internet search is making it look that way.

[ Edited ]

I ordered my triple play service and it was installed in early October 2010.  I have called Comcast customer service, and they directed me to checkmyrebate.com/comcast. 

I am due to receive a $150 Visa gift card.  The status at checkmyrebate.com shows that the card was sent out on February 14, 2011.  I have still not received my card in the mail.  When I call checkmyrebate.com, they tell me it has not been mailed out yet, and I should be expecting it to arrive in the mail very soon.

Let me be clear Comcast: you signed me up on a 2 yr contract.  Part of that deal included my $150 Visa rebate card.  You are now in breach of your own contract.  You either get my $150 visa gift card to me by March 18, or i will be contacting my state's attorney generals office and the BBB.  I will not be jerked around by you and your rebate scam.  I will not pay your early termination fee when I change my service back to the good old trouble free DirecTV.

How would you like it if I kept telling you that "the check is in the mail" when it comes to paying your bill?

PS - you still haven't buried my wire running across my yard. 

Cable Expert
WarEagle57

Re: No Visa gift card!! Is it a scam? Internet search is making it look that way.

The Comcast forum administrator has been informed.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Re: No Visa gift card!! Is it a scam? Internet search is making it look that way.

Hi and wolfman - I've gotten your issues escalated to our Regional offices. Someone will be in touch with your no later than Monday afternoon.

Just 'Dete'
New Visitor
JasonK94Z

Thank you. 

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

You're welcome!

Just 'Dete'
Contributor
almg7

Re: Visa Gift Card Issues

I ordered my service in October 2010.  I contacted Comcast Ecare & was provided a url to check the status of my $250 gift card.  First, I think it is ridiculous that  any customers should have to take the time to research, send email inquiries, or contact anyone at Comcast in order to recieve something Comcast promised.  The promotion was used as a 'draw in' to get customers to order service, and the fulfillment should be automatic.  Second, the 'hoops' the customers have to jump through to find the right path to a resolution is just crazy; I'm not even sure I am on the correct path. 

My  order is still not showing on the website http://www.checkmyrebate.com/comcastgiftcheck
 It has been over 4 months now.  When will the $250 gift card be sent.  I am really concerned because I had recommended this promotion to friends & now it seems like it was is not being honored.  If you have a promotion, you should honor the promotion.  Where do I need to go from here?  Is there a corporate phone number or address to notify about  my concerns?   I am not confident when I read some of the comments on the forum.  Please advise me of my next course of action.

Visitor
mlewandowski76

I also have not heard anything regarding the $250 card. I went to the Gift Check Status website mentioned in the above posts and no matter what method i use to login, it says No Records found.

MLewandowski76

Email Expert
CCCarole

alm97 and mlewandowski76:

The Administrator haas been notified of your posts.  Watch for his reply early in the coming week.

Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)

New Visitor
sharlakirkpatri

i along with 3 other people at work signed up early december with the promise of a $200 gift card and a fliphd camcorder to be delivered before christmas eve. everyone else at work has recieved theirs except me . it shows that i have no record found. i have made numerous calls and went into the office so many times that the girls there no me by name. no one can seem to figure out what has happened to my rewards but that bill still keeps coming. if i pay my bill i expect my rewards

Contributor
almg7

I am now being told I did not have the code saying I was to get the $250 gift card as part of my order.  To thier surprise. I save the online chat order transcript with the chat agent confirming my order.  This is outright unacceptable.  I believe it may be time to contact the FTC about false advertisement, as I have ALL my documentation to prove the deceptive pratices, including chat transcripts, email correspondance & signed paper aggreement...No more 'Hoops' for me.

Maria(Mon Oct 18 01:38:25 EDT 2010)>Angela I already finish your order and just to recap

Maria(Mon Oct 18 01:38:35 EDT 2010)>today we have added the following to your account:HD Premier XF Triple Play with $250 Visa® Prepaid
In your first bill you will be paying $164.99 for your The installation will take place on 10/31/2010between 11 and1 a.m.
We look forward to serving you in the future and appreciate your business.
Your confirmation number is XXXXXXXXXXXX2034. Your account number is XXXXXXXXXXXX2395

Maria(Mon Oct 18 01:38:46 EDT 2010)>The technician will generally call you 30 minutes before the appointment; if the technician does not receive an answer, the appointment may not be fulfilled. Please note that someone over 18 or older must be present the day and time of installation. Please have your ID handy. If you are not going to be there at the time of the installation, have the person provide the technician a copy of your ID, along with their own ID.

Angela_(Mon Oct 18 01:39:18 EDT 2010)>Install between 8am & 12 noon, right?

New Visitor
BDCOMBS

Re: Rebate/Gift Over Due

We, too, have not received the $150 Prepaid Visa timely. Our service began August 27, 2010, and after 5 calls to Comcast, we've been ignored, hung up on, and hung out to dry every time. Months after the installation, and the 90 days of service required by the offer, we are left to wonder if Comcast didn't simply bait-and-switch with this "offer".

We also haven't received any credits for the many days of service downtime, the installers major mistakes, and a list of service-related problems that are documented by Comcast telephone support representatives (and in our records).

If this is how Comcast does business, I guess we'll be going back to DirecTV - and seeking judicial relief for their breach of contract and overcharges.

-Bill

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

mlewandowski76 wrote:

I also have not heard anything regarding the $250 card. I went to the Gift Check Status website mentioned in the above posts and no matter what method i use to login, it says No Records found.

MLewandowski76

When did you sign up for service? Have you contacted Comcast customer service for assistance? If not, please call in to get the status of your rebate materials. 

Just 'Dete'
Visitor
mlewandowski76

Yes, I received a reply. This may be helpful to others who are waiting:

"For the $250 Visa Gift Card offer, two-year contract for the Triple Play
package is required. Early termination fee applies. All three services
must be installed within 30 days of order date, accept the 24-month
agreement and maintain minimum level of services with no outstanding
balances for at least 90 days from service installation in order to
qualify for the $250 Visa Gift Card. 

The gift card will be mailed within sixteen (16) weeks from the
completed Triple Play installation. The additional four weeks after the
90-day period is to account for processing
."

Contributor
almg7

I have received many replies, with the info above.  They also want me to take time off & go to the local office with my online order printed to prove I signed up for that package.  I forwarded the chat transcript & I refuse to spend any more time.  Here is a link to the FTC to file a complaint, as there are laws against false advertising. www.ftc.gov 

I have sent the confirmation number & account number...Comcast should have access to all correspondaence.

New Visitor
redding311

I was a winback from Directv in November 2010.  I was promissed a $200 gift card as part of the promotion if I signed a two year contract.  When talking with customer service they say there are no records and that they are not able to access any information of me signing up which is funny because I have service.  I have called numerous times and been promised a call back.  Please help.

New Visitor
alicialowe138

I have had comcast since the end of November, My package was the $159.99. My first, second, and third bills were about $300? This never made sense. Comcast was way overcharging. Plus everytime I talked to a rep online they said they couldn't access it, and that it was ready for pick-up called today and was told that I wasn't recieving the card. I will contact the Better Business Bereau

New Visitor
alicialowe138

[ Edited ]

I am no longer a happy customer. Starting to believe this is one big scam. i paid $500 to comcast and havent seen anything on this BS rebate

Visitor
mkharrett01

How do I get CheckMyRebate or Verizon to respond to me about my prepaid Visa? Back in November (after receiving several mail offers) I called 1-800-Comcast.  They were offering a $250 prepaid Visa, but we decided we didnt want that package.  Instead we went with another package, the representative told us qualified for a prepaid Visa of $125.  He even said he was inputting all the information because "we want to be sure you get your prepaid Visa".  CheckMyRebate has no record of us, and did respond 7 days ago asking "where did I hear about the rebate offer" and although I replied I have not heard anything else although I have emailed them 2 more times.   I also spoke to a Comcast representative who was unable to look it up and refered me to CheckmyRebate. 

New Visitor
derek74

I ordered my service August 11 on the phone. On August 31st the triple play was installed. I contacted Comcast three times and was given two different complaint numbers. I cant check the status of my $200 gift card cause I cant get my confirmation number which was given over the phone. I agree that it is ridiculous that  any customers should have to take the time to research, send email inquiries, or contact anyone at Comcast in order to recieve something Comcast promised.  It has been over 6 months now for me.  When will the $200 gift card be sent for me too.  This is BS

Contributor
almg7

I have my confirmation number& the chat transcript (which I have forwarded to Comcast). Now I,m supposed to wait on a call with information? I should only expect my card, not a call!
New Visitor
diatwood

I've been waiting and waiting for the $100 Visa gift card promised by comcast when I signed up in mid November.  I called once and was told that I needed to pay 3 months of services before I would received anything.  Well, I've paid 3 months and still haven't received anything.  Is this a scam?  Not very nice of Comcast to promise something and then not deliver. 

New Visitor
Rowe7882

we're in the same boat.. signed up directly through Comcast online (not an authorized retailer) and was supposed to recieve the camcorder by 12/24 (since we signed up for the Triple Play and had it installed 12/11/2010) and the $100 visa at the end of 90 days. Neither have happened, and i've gone back and forth with Comcast about it. (I have a voicemail from a rep from the beginning of Feb saying i'd get it within 2 weeks of his voicemail because my issue was "escalated". Yeah..) the website still doesnt recognize my info, and its really starting to tick me off.

I too am about to ignore my 2 yr contract with Comcast and go to Dish Network. At least they have free HD.

Email Expert
CCCarole

The Administrator has bee nnotified.  Watch this Thread for his reply early week.

New Visitor
stupidcmcst

I ordered comcast back in october. cant find anything on it in the rewards programs no one seems to know anything at comcast. they just say good luck and do all the work yourself. Everytime that stupid comercial comes on about the great comcast customer support i just want to punch my tv. Is there anyway of getting out of contract over this?

Visitor
thetaylors2006

Good Afternoon --

We signed up for Comcast Triple Play in the middle of November.  At the time we signed up, we were supposed to get a $200 visa card after so many months.  It has now been almost 17 weeks since we signed up and still have not received the gift card.  Have called Comcast directly a couple of times and get told they will check and get back to me.  Still have not gotten a call back and keep getting forced to start the process all over again.  Very frustrating!!!  Checked the website and it doesn't show my information in their about the status of the rebate. 

Email Expert
CCCarole

The Administrator has been informed of both your posts.

Visitor
thetaylors2006

Thank you.

Eric --

New Visitor
LouDib

Special Thanks to Sherri Carson & Steve Teow. Looks like the G/C is on the way!..

Resolved.

New Visitor
yunfeiwen

[ Edited ]

Detreon_Roberts@comcast.com

Hi, My signed 2-yr contract Xfinity included a 100-visa gift card, which is supposed to be ready from Mar 1st, 2011. I checked checkmyrebate.com, and there is no record of it.

Your rep told me I can login in and find the status by myself. Would appreciate if you can locate the status of my giftcard. Acct is 

[removed - please see posting guideline # 1 here - http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289]

thanks

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

almg7 wrote:

I have received many replies, with the info above.  They also want me to take time off & go to the local office with my online order printed to prove I signed up for that package.  I forwarded the chat transcript & I refuse to spend any more time.  Here is a link to the FTC to file a complaint, as there are laws against false advertising. www.ftc.gov 

I have sent the confirmation number & account number...Comcast should have access to all correspondaence.

Bevan is working on this for you. Please allow her the opportunity to look into this and get back to you.

Just 'Dete'
New Visitor
wc12398

I inquired today on the telephone about the pre paid Visa for $250.00 that I have not received.

I started the Comcast Triple play service in November 2010.

I was told the work order did not have the code on it for the Visa. What kind of scam is this?

The customer service person also had the audacity to say to me "funny ,this is the first time you're inquiring about it". He very quickly appologized for saying that, when I said I thought it would show up after 90 days of service in good standing , but I guess not. I was told a supervisor would call back in 24-48 hours but I highly doubt it.

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

stupidcmcst wrote:

I ordered comcast back in october. cant find anything on it in the rewards programs no one seems to know anything at comcast. they just say good luck and do all the work yourself. Everytime that stupid comercial comes on about the great comcast customer support i just want to punch my tv. Is there anyway of getting out of contract over this?

What rebate item were you supposed to receive?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

All - I've escalated everyone's rebate questions and concerns to our Regional offices. Someone will get back to you tomorrow.

Just 'Dete'
Contributor
almg7

I did receive a call & a email, but I can not call back mon- fri; 8-5, as I have a full-time day job. I responded to the email, informing Bevan of that fact and I have not received any reply. I think Bevan is waiting out the march 18 deadline I was given to call so the issue can be closed. Let me tell you that this issue Is NOT resolved until the gift card is mail. I am tiring of chasing contact ghost; this is crazy!
Regular Visitor
relajado1

We also signed up for Comcast in October 2010 (Leaving Dish Network). We were promised that we would receive the $250.00 Visa gift card upon signing the 2 yr contract. The 1st time we were told that we would receive the gift card from the installation person... come to find out that this is not the case. Then we were told that it would be mailed to us within a few weeks... This was not the case either. Then the fine print was explained... We had to be in good standing with Comcast for 3 consecutive months (paying on time), only then would we receive our Visa gift card. It has been 5 months now and still no sign of the card or its promises. This is really frustrating... If you are going to advertise a spectacular deal, please keep your promises. We have been given the run around so many times, by so many different people, that we have considered going to Better Business Bureau. This is FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. If your "promise" is to provide your customers with an incentive to continue with your services, then my suggestion is to remedy your business practices by keeping your word. If we are not contacted by the end of the week (3/18/11), we will discontinue our contract and take proper legal action. We would like to hear from someone other than the poor customer service agents that are forced to push this BS.

Thank you for your time.

New Visitor
yunfeiwen

Comcast GIFTING Triple Play Visa Giftcard ($100)+a FLip HAD Video Camera Scam

I ’m writing because I’ve been scammed by Comcast Sales/customer Service 3 times:

I  signed up for the GIFTING Triple Play  at December 3rd 2010. As anyone could remember, the promotion, as posted on their website, read if you installed your service with 2-yr contract, you would receive a $100 visa gifted plus a FLip HAD Video Camera after three month royalty.

I inquired about the gifted and camera on Mar 15, 2011 to both Comcast Billing and Sales. To my surprise, the Comcast reps gave vague responses, said "I was informed at DCE 17 with no cash offer on my package, and the promotion has to be $199, not $99.99"--My service was installed on DCE 17th, 2010! I was confirmed three times on the phone during 2-wk grace period for this promotion by their reps, so that I would not cancel the contract at that time.

To Comcast, I saved the promotion pictures at DCE 2010, and I will not hesitate to forward to anybody including BBB to show how you can make such a low-class scam. I wll wait for 2-wk grace period for you to address this concern. Otherwise, this message and together with my confirmation email and picture of your promotion will be posted on publically, so that other people won't fall into your trap again.

Feel free to check everything in my statement, I am sure you have the same records as what I did.

Contributor
magicdave2

[ Edited ]

Same problem here:

Ordered service on December 11, 2010 on Comcast website for Triple Play with Flip HD Cam and $100 Visa Gift Card as promotions.

Installation occurred on Jan. 4, 2011

HD Flip Cam has been received, however, no Gift Card has been received and the checkmyrebate site does not indicate one is in process or on the way.

Please advise!

Sincerely,

David

New Visitor
DrewSJ

Oh oh...

My service was moved at the end of Dec and I still haven't received the $250 Visa card OR the FlipHD I was supposed to get...

Which was the only reason I went with Comcast instead of ATT.

I haven't called Comcast Customer Service yet, but it sounds as if I'm going to be angry when I do...

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Re: Comcast GIFTING Triple Play Visa Giftcard ($100)+a FLip HAD Video Camera Scam

yunfeiwen wrote:

I ’m writing because I’ve been scammed by Comcast Sales/customer Service 3 times:

I  signed up for the GIFTING Triple Play  at December 3rd 2010. As anyone could remember, the promotion, as posted on their website, read if you installed your service with 2-yr contract, you would receive a $100 visa gifted plus a FLip HAD Video Camera after three month royalty.

I inquired about the gifted and camera on Mar 15, 2011 to both Comcast Billing and Sales. To my surprise, the Comcast reps gave vague responses, said "I was informed at DCE 17 with no cash offer on my package, and the promotion has to be $199, not $99.99"--My service was installed on DCE 17th, 2010! I was confirmed three times on the phone during 2-wk grace period for this promotion by their reps, so that I would not cancel the contract at that time.

To Comcast, I saved the promotion pictures at DCE 2010, and I will not hesitate to forward to anybody including BBB to show how you can make such a low-class scam. I wll wait for 2-wk grace period for you to address this concern. Otherwise, this message and together with my confirmation email and picture of your promotion will be posted on publically, so that other people won't fall into your trap again.

Feel free to check everything in my statement, I am sure you have the same records as what I did.

I responded to your post here - http://forums.comcast.net/t5/Customer-Service/Visa-Gift-Card-Issues/m-p/895955#M8416. I've gotten this escalated to our Regional office and someone wil be reaching out to you if you have not been contacted already.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Re: Comcast GIFTING Triple Play Visa Giftcard ($100)+a FLip HAD Video Camera Scam

All - I've escalated your concerns to the leadership in your respective areas. We will be in touch tomorrow.

Just 'Dete'
Contributor
MrsGray1010

Purchased the Triple Play on Thanksgiving Day but was not installed until 12/1/10.  On 11/30/10 I saw the special online so I did the internet chat with Ryan Nicanor and he stated that I would receive both the gift card and the Flip camera (I copied the chat and have record of it) .  To date NOTHING has arrived at our home.  I called the 800 number to cancel Starz & HBO, I asked on that day why nothing was here and was told by the rude person on the line "We put a hold on the merchandise for 30 days due to the fact that the person can cancel product and this is a guarantee that the customer will continue with the product and that after the 30 days it is an additional 8 weeks until you receive the gifts."  We are now into the 12th week and still NOTHING!!  Who do I contact?  Hmmmm, maybe my friend that is an attorney and is running for governor of WV.....hmm, maybe the BBB......hmmmm, what about the WV Attorney General?....because it does NO GOOD to contact Comcast!!! 

New Visitor
Grandpa535

I signed up for service and had it installed on 11/19/2010.  I was told that I qualified for a $250 Visa giftcard.  It has now been almost 17 weeks and I still haven't seen the card.  I contacted customer service at 12:46pm on 3/16 and was told that I'd receive a call in 1-3 hours from a supervisor.  I have not received that call so I called back today and was told that the ticket is open with the marketing department and that I just had to wait until they called me.  I was also told there is no way to contact that department.  I even stopped by the local Comcast office only to be told they don't have any control over that and I needed to call the main office.

Contributor
magicdave2

CC_Dete wrote:

All - I've escalated your concerns to the leadership in your respective areas. We will be in touch tomorrow.

Well, I got a call this morning at 10am EST from someone at Comcast confirming that I did receive my Flip camera but not my gift card. I was told that I would get a call back 'in a few minutes' with information about my gift card.

It's now 6pm EST and have not gotten a return call yet. Even more frustrating than not getting the incentives that were promised is having customer service people say things that are either incorrect or aren't followed through with.

New Visitor
HANNAH2935

I signed up for Comcast because I was promised the gift card after three months of service. I set up my account online with customer service, with the agreement that I would receive the special promotion. Not even a week later, I was informed that I would no longer receive the promotional pricing because I had not signed a contract. Of course I hadn't, the account was done online. I finally got that corrected, and the next week had my service disconnected twice, for a balance that wasn't even mine. After that, I was informed that I would no longer get the card because my service had been disconnected. I finally get that fixed, and still, no card. I have talked to supervisors, customer acct agents, everyone. No one will call me back after promising they will and making me wait around on them. I believe it was false advertising, and honestly dont expect Comcast to live up to their promises concerning this card. I feel as if I was lured in, and then slammed with so many unexpected things that I no longer have any enjoyment in my service.

New Visitor
HANNAH2935

I completely agree. I have also been with Comcast that amount of time, and have been told numerous times that the situation would be corrected. Their idea of "correcting" the problem was to offer me a $25 credit on my account, stating that I no longer qualified for the gift card, because my service had been disconnected. Funny thing about that was that they switched my bill with someone else's, causing my contract to terminate. I am tired of false advertising and have absolutely no intentions of staying with Comcast one more month.

New Visitor
zstjean

Hi,  I'm posting this complaint because I am very dissatisfied with comcast and the way they are handling my request to find my gift card. I signed up for service back in October 2010 and still haven't received my gift card ($300). I've called comcast numerous times, and do not get an answer, they blame it on VISA. I need help to find out what is taking sooo long. Please let me know what information you need from me to get these answers. Thanks.