New Visitor
rvillaume

Re: Visa Gift Card Issues

[ Edited ]

I purchased the HD Preferred Plus XF Triple Play with $200 Visa Prepaid Card on 11/12/10 by applying online. Paolo took care of my order and told me to call 1-866-839-5054 to get my card. Which I did. On 12/17/10 I went online to checkmyrebate.com and was told that it could take up to 16 weeks for COmcast to send the rebate company the information. So I checked again today, 3/21/11 and there is no record of my rebate. I called Comcast was told that since I purchased the card online that she couldn't help me, that I had to go online and chat with a representative. She did tell me that Paolo never entered a contract code. Cut to me chatting with Anil. Anil told me that my offer had expired and he didn't have the authority to correct expired rates. The he did have the authority, then he didn't and finally he did have the authority. He told me that i should be receiveing the card in 16 weeks. I asked Anil for the contract code and he told me that it was "T)" so I asked for a confirmation code and he couldnt give me one. I told him that waiting another 16 weeks was unacceptable and that I wanted to chat with a supervisor and was told that his supervisor couldnt do anything more. So i called 1-800-934-6489 and spoke with Kim. Kim said that she couldn't help me because I applied for service online. UNBELIEVABLE. After i explained all of thee above, she said she would call me back within 24 hours. I also gave her 2 transaction #'s that I was given. One on 11/15, the other on 11/18. I'm irrate. It's been 5 months and because Paolo failed to do his job, I am being penalized.  I would love to get a hold of Rick and give him an ear full. Shame on you, Rick. You ought to try calling your "customer service" line and if you don't want to slit your wrists by the time you're done, then you are a better person than I am...

FOUND THIS ON A PREVIOUS POST - Hopefully it will help someone:

almg7 wrote:

I have received many replies, with the info above.  They also want me to take time off & go to the local office with my online order printed to prove I signed up for that package.  I forwarded the chat transcript & I refuse to spend any more time.  Here is a link to the FTC to file a complaint, as there are laws against false advertising. www.ftc.gov 

I have sent the confirmation number & account number...Comcast should have access to all correspondaence.

Visitor
veryunhappy1

I signed up for Comcast after Frontier bought Verizon and took that company downhill. I thought that it was great that I also was going to get the 100 Visa card as a bonus. However, now after 6 months my excitement over Comcast has quickly faded. There has been calls only to find out "the correct code wasn't entered when you ordered". So I faxed them a copy of the web page since I was leary of something like this happening. I was told "we will look into it and get it taken care of". Still no answers. I guess that I will have to file a complaint with my attorney general's office. I am wondering if I can sue for breach of contract as well. They screwed up my original order and did not bring the HD DVR that was supposed to be brought out. I mentioned this to the installer and he said "no problem I have one in my truck". I had told him that we were going to be purchasing an HDTV and that I would need to have the cable too. He left the cable and I thought all was well. Purchased the new TV and went to hook it up, only to find out there was NO HDTV cable input!!! I called Comcast and they said "it is an HD box, but just no HDTV input". I had to make a special trip to Comcast to get this switched out. I have had telephone issues that took 2 trips to fix as well with no "20 guarantee credit" either. I am VERY UNHAPPY with Comcast. I will make yet another call to customer service and I bet I will get the run around once again. Maybe back to Frontier???

New Visitor
dlknoll

I am also having the same issues. I keep calling Customer service. The lady told me this time they can't do anything at Comcast and I have to contact sales. When I contact sales, they have no idea how to help! I signed up in November. They said I would get it my March 1st. When I called back they have no record of me or tracking number. This is false advertising. Has anyone else reported them??

New Visitor
ironmanct

Based on this forum and other web searches, it appears that Comcast is not holding up their part of their contracts with many people. Time for a class action lawsuit??

New Visitor
SharronnJ

I am really unhappy with ComcastI signed up for the Triple play  on 06/04/10I was promised a $200 gift card and to date have not received itI contacted Comcast reps on several occasions and got many explanations from "it's on it's way," to "oh they sent out an email, they're having issues and you should receive it in two weeks." That has not happenedFinally, I got a rep who actually cared and found the link/ phone number that I needed to contact in order to find out where my rebate wasWhy should I have to research to find out where my rebate isThe link was www.comcastrebatecenter.com/default.asp and the phone number was 800-526-3268The rep at this location informed me that there was no record of my transactionShe said that she would launch an investigation and I should hear something within 14 business daysWell, that was a month agoWhen I called back I was told that "Oh sometimes it takes longer."  I'm really tired of the "let them it cake" attitude that I'm getting regarding my promised rebateI'm starting to feel like it is false advertisement on the part of ComcastIt's been almost a year and I've kept my end of the bargain by paying my bill on timeComcast has not done the sameMy next step will be to report this to the Better Business Burreau and the States Attorney GeneralThis is unacceptableI received much better service when I was with Direct TV and am seriously considering going to another carrier who actually respects me.

New Visitor
JasonK94Z

I just wanted everyone to know that I have finally received my gift card.  I signed up for service in early October 2010.  My card was processed on Feb 14, 2011, and it arrived in the mail last Thursday March 17th. 

If you go here: http://www.checkmyrebate.com/Status.asp and enter your name and address you should be able to see the status of your rebate.  Be sure to use the name that your Comcast service is billed under!

Thank you Comcast!

New Visitor
stupidcmcst

Got comcast beginning november with promise of 250 gift card still nothing. Seems to be problem for alot of people. Maybe form a large group of us to report to better business burreau to get someone to listen.
New Visitor
seashore911

visa rebate

i signed up for triple play in oct2010 promised a 75$ gift card numeros calls to customer service keep getting the runaround what do you suggest next please help.

New Visitor
deeder30

I recieved triple play last Nov. Was told to pay my bill for 3 months ontime, after 4 months went by I called comcast and asked them about my rebate, they said it takes 16 weeks from time of instulation. I kept checking the online rebate status, and nothing, I called comcast back and had to fight with them to get an answer as to why my card has not been sent out yet.  They told me there was a glitch on my bill saying I didnt pay ontime, after all that was straigtened out (3 different people, and waited on a call back) The supervisor assured me that my card would be in my hands in two weeks!  Well the next day I checked the online rebate center, it said my card had been processed but not mailed, now its been two weeks , I called the rebate center and they told me that it takes 6-8weeks to be mailed!!! This is insane!! I am going on month number 6 with comcast, paid my bill ontime and in full and still no promotion gift card!  I was promised it in my Hand in two weeks...well two weeks is tomorrow and it hasnt been mailed yet. 

Contributor
MrsGray1010

Re: Comcast GIFTING Triple Play Visa Giftcard ($100)+a FLip HAD Video Camera Scam

Still no word, no call, no email from Comcast.  What good is this forum site if you don't reply.  As big a waste as calling Comcast or doing live chat.  ABSOLUTELY USELESS!!!!!!  Guess I call my friend and start the paperwork.

New Visitor
jlignelli

I have not received my promised $200 visa gift card from May, 2010.  Called today to cancel the service since Comcast was not meeting their contract obligations.  Was offered a $200 credit on my account to stay with Comcast and make up for lack of gift card.  I accepted.  May as well.  A credit is to be posted by 3/30.  I guess the only way to get something out of them is to threaten service cancellation.  The customer service representative I spoke with mentioned they were having a lot of difficulty with this promotion.  Let's hope the credit is posted on 3/30 as promised.

New Visitor
Jones1908

I have only been with Comcast for one week now, and makes me wish i would have stayed with Direct T.V.  The service is horrible and the customer reps have no idea what they are talking about.  Only reason why i signed a two year contract was because we were promised a $250 gift card over the phone from a rep.  Now, we find out a week later, this was only a online promotion.  Someone at Comcast should be taking the blame for not letting the customer know this promotion is for online sign up.  I want someone to take fault for this false advertising or wrong information given by YOUR REPS. Also, I ordered the router two weeks before having our service installed, and now has been 4 weeks, guess what still no router.  How does it take 4 weeks to send someone a router, when your located in the same city.  This is ridicules and not how a conglomerate is suppossed to be doing business with its customers.  But hey, when you have that much money, who cares about the people paying you. 

WORST SERVICE EVER.  Supervisor supposed to call me back, no call yet.  I HATE YOU COMCAST, NOT DISLIKE I HATE YOU.   

New Visitor
Jones1908

If i have to cancel you Comcast for not living up to your promise and obligation, i will not be paying a early termination fee and will be contacting states attorney for breach of contract.  It's not about the money, just give me the service you promised!! That simple.  I will tie this small issue up in court for so long, you will be paying me a settlement just to leave you alone. 

New Visitor
Sykimya

No Rebates and given the runaround

I signed up for the Xfinity preferred Triple Play (Aprox. $180 mth) in mid Nov 15. Upon signing up over the phone there was a promotion of $250 visa giftcard if you sign a 2 yr agreement. At the end of the call, the representative advised they were transferring me to a VRU to sign up for the rebates. They advised me what to push and say in this VRU. They said to ensure I press the correct prompts and to stay on the line until prompted to release the call. They advised that if I did not follow the correct prompts that I will not receive the rebates. I did just as requested. I call near the end of February to inquire when I should receive the rebate. I should have known that the guy I was speaking to was not really looking at my account because he could not get the amount of the rebate straight. But he said I should receive in in 7-10 days.  It's been a month and no rebate. I called Monday and they gave a online rebate address. Went there ,no information. I called last night and they said I need to call a local comcast location because I did not have a confirmation number and there was no information on my acct. They gave me a local phone number to call the next day. When I called I got the same VRU and spoke to someone who transferred me to the rebate center. Spoke to the rebate center and they told me I have to wait 7-10 days to find out the status of my rebate, This is ridiculous!

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

Re: Comcast GIFTING Triple Play Visa Giftcard ($100)+a FLip HAD Video Camera Scam

MrsGray1010 wrote:

Purchased the Triple Play on Thanksgiving Day but was not installed until 12/1/10.  On 11/30/10 I saw the special online so I did the internet chat with Ryan Nicanor and he stated that I would receive both the gift card and the Flip camera (I copied the chat and have record of it) .  To date NOTHING has arrived at our home.  I called the 800 number to cancel Starz & HBO, I asked on that day why nothing was here and was told by the rude person on the line "We put a hold on the merchandise for 30 days due to the fact that the person can cancel product and this is a guarantee that the customer will continue with the product and that after the 30 days it is an additional 8 weeks until you receive the gifts."  We are now into the 12th week and still NOTHING!!  Who do I contact?  Hmmmm, maybe my friend that is an attorney and is running for governor of WV.....hmm, maybe the BBB......hmmmm, what about the WV Attorney General?....because it does NO GOOD to contact Comcast!!! 

MrsGray - can you please send me an email with the telephone number on your account and the a link to this conversation?

Thanks

Just 'Dete'
Retired Help Forums Admin
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

magicdave2 wrote:

CC_Dete wrote:

All - I've escalated your concerns to the leadership in your respective areas. We will be in touch tomorrow.

Well, I got a call this morning at 10am EST from someone at Comcast confirming that I did receive my Flip camera but not my gift card. I was told that I would get a call back 'in a few minutes' with information about my gift card.

It's now 6pm EST and have not gotten a return call yet. Even more frustrating than not getting the incentives that were promised is having customer service people say things that are either incorrect or aren't followed through with.

I just learned that your installation took place on 1/4/2011 and your rebate materials will arrive closer to May.

Just 'Dete'
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

ironmanct wrote:

Based on this forum and other web searches, it appears that Comcast is not holding up their part of their contracts with many people. Time for a class action lawsuit??

Is there anything we can help you with?

Just 'Dete'
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

JasonK94Z wrote:

I just wanted everyone to know that I have finally received my gift card.  I signed up for service in early October 2010.  My card was processed on Feb 14, 2011, and it arrived in the mail last Thursday March 17th. 

If you go here: http://www.checkmyrebate.com/Status.asp and enter your name and address you should be able to see the status of your rebate.  Be sure to use the name that your Comcast service is billed under!

Thank you Comcast!

Glad to hear that you received your items!

Just 'Dete'
Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

All - unless otherwise stated, everyone's concern has been escalated for follow-up. You should be hearing back from our Regional offices no later than tomorrow afternoon.

Just 'Dete'
New Visitor
sharlakirkpatri

i posted on 3/6/11 and have not heard anything or received any calls in ref to my issue.  but that bill sure seems to find its way to my mailbox every month. amazing how comcast forgets to keep up their end of the deal but makes sure that i keep sending that money to them

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

sharlakirkpatri wrote:

i posted on 3/6/11 and have not heard anything or received any calls in ref to my issue.  but that bill sure seems to find its way to my mailbox every month. amazing how comcast forgets to keep up their end of the deal but makes sure that i keep sending that money to them

My apologies - It seems that I overlooked your post. I've just gotten this escalated and you WILL receive a call today. Please post a message to confirm that you've received a phone call.

Just 'Dete'
New Visitor
MicZ

This is discouraging, to say the least. I signed up for service in July 2010. I specifically chose the Triple Play pkg with a 2-yr contract just BECAUSE of the $200 gift card. I was told when they installed, on 8/6/2010, that it would be sent in Nov 2010. Of course, it was not. I called in Dec 2010, and told it "takes time". It's now the end of Mar 2011 - Comcast customer support doesn't seem to even want to deal with the questions. Are we getting our gift cards, or aren't we? If not, obviously we'll ALL be quite unhappy. If we ARE getting them, when?????? Why is a promotion like this even offered if Comcast has no intention of honoring it?

Contributor
Susalin103

How are you doing today?

I was referred to thos Comcast forum from other complaints with the same issue as I. When I signed up with Comcast I specifically chose the triple play package that came with a $250 visa gift card and HD Flip Cam. From my understanding, I was supposed to receive these gifts after having an excellent payment history of at least 3 months. When I called for a follow up on March 9 I was told by Teresa I needed to sign a contract. The lady I spoke to Teresa on March 9th told me she apologized that a contract was never sent out and she advised me a contract was going to be sent out to me and I should receive it on March 14th. March 16th came along and I still haven't received anything. I then speak to another supervisor under sales who explains to me that they are sorry for the confusion about the entire situation. The sales person said HE WILL credit me $250 ro my comcast account for all the confusing.I believe if an employee says they will do something for the customer, the customer should get what they were told. Isn't the customer always right? Then, I get another call later on that another person said he can only give me $150 of credit. I feel very cheated and disappointed with my Comcast service. I am a loyal customer who pays for their bills ON TIME... I believe I am entitled with the promotional gifts that are offered. I feel that I was 1. cheated out of a HD Flip cam 2. cheated out of a visa gift card 3. cheated out of $100 of credit that was supposed to be credited on my account. I want to continue to be a loyal Comcast customer but Comcast is making it very easy for me to not be happy and leave and sign up for another provider who stands by their offer. A supervisor indicated that they will send me a "copy" of the contract that was sent originally sent out with times and dates it was sent. I still have not received any of that information. It puzzles me that when I spoke to a comcast rep. they indicated there was no email contact on file when they tried to email me the contract but an email confirmation is sent every time I make an payment to my comcast account.... Or when they say they will mail me a contract in the mail which was supposed to be sent twice. Both were never received but a bill will arrive every month to the correct address??? I don't get it. I don't get how they don't have any information on file anywhere but payments are being sent and payments are being received and Comcast cable boxes and modems are being installed in the residence. I just don't get it. If you were in my position wouldn't this kind of bother you too especially from a customers stand point? After reading many complaints with people having the same issues, I am wondering how Comcast's procedures are. It doesnt seem that organized and it scares me. Is my personal information safe? Where is my personal information being stored if Comcast agents are not able to pull anything up simple information like an email address or provide me information of when a "contract"  was sent. I ask the rep on the phone give me the time and dates of when they were sent and they couldnt give me a straight answer. The thing that sucks the most is what if they didnt have information at the moment then after the cal information was put in later in my account so Comcast's rear will be covered. Please review this situation. I appreciate the time for you to read and review this complaint. Now, I just need some help resolving.

Thanks

Visitor
mygoin1

So exactly what does have to be done to get the promised $250 gc? I signed up for triple play service in November, had it installed Nov 14th.  We were told at that time that it would take "a few weeks" to receive the gc.  I called customer service later that week due to service issues and asked if I needed to do anything to ensure the gc would arrive.  The lady told me that comcast handles everything and the gc would automatically be sent out after 16 weeks.  I had an issue a couple of weeks ago over the wireless router that we ordered in December that we never received, so I did an online chat with "Robert".  Robert indicated that I needed a 3-month history of paying my bill before the cards were sent out - right, so it's coming up on 5 months now...then he said I needed to contact the people at http://www.checkmyrebate.com/comcastgift/status.asp right, so again, they don't have record of us. Then he told me my issue would be escalated and I would hear either phone or email from someone in 24 hours ... wrong again. I'm contemplating cancelling my service now over this.  There are so many cheaper / free ways to watch television that I really can't justify the price of Comcast - especially when they run their business so dishonestly.   

Visitor
poohea12

I signed up for service in Oct 2010.  I was told that I would be getting a $250 rebate shortly after instalation.  In Nov I called comcast and was told that there was a waiting period and that I would be getting it in Jan/Feb.  I called again at the end of Feb and was refered to the rebate center.  The first call told me that they had no record of me and told me to call comcast again and make sure that I was eligible.  Comcast said that I was anf they refered me back to the rebate center.  The rebate center told me that comcast never sent them my infor so to call comcast again.  I did and on March 9th they said that they sent the information to the rebate center.  I have checked the rebate website several times and they still do not have any information on my rebate and now I can not get anybody on the phone at the rebate center.  5 months is a little long to be waiting.

Contributor
hphammer

Re: No Visa gift card!! Is it a scam? Internet search is making it look that way.

Same problem here. signed up in August for triple play, locked in for 24 months. Was told 16 weeks $200 gift card will be in the mail. No card. Called and was advised I had to wait six months. Waited six months and directed to rebate website. Response was not found. Called phone number told to wait a week for status. Waited another week and was advised Comcast denied it because of no written contract. Just left complaint with Attorney General's office. In my line of work this this called fraud.

New Visitor
kellytrabert1

My husband signed us up in November 2010. We had our service installed December 12, 2010. We've been getting the run around regarding the $100 gift card and Flip Video. I initially called in February to find out where my bill was. I was told it came electronically--although I never received it cause they sent it to a comcast account in my husband's name that had never been activated (by the way, we didn't find this out until much much later). We got the bill taken care of. I walked it into the local office and paid by check with the amount I was given over the phone. No problem. I was also told that the rebate was in the mail and I should have it within a week. A week or so passed by and I called on it. I was then told I needed the confirmation number, but I didn't have such a number. I was told to call back on Monday to a different 800 number and they would give it to me. On Monday, my husband called that number and was told that no they didn't have it, call the other number back. So, I did the next day. Then I was told we didn't qualify because we missed our payment. WHat! We had no way of paying without a bill, and as soon as I did my monthly bills and noticed Comcast was missing, I paid it by calling and getting the amount. So, I spent an hour on the phone with somebody who kept getting all of the information incorrect and was being inconsistent. Finally, after an extremely difficult time on the phone I was transferred (at my request) to customer retention. The gentleman I spoke with was very kind, but he couldn't help me. He gave me an email address for the rebate situation. I immediately sent them a message and SURPRISE it was a bogus email address. So, I then went to the Comcast website and hit the contact us message center. Soon after we got an email asking for us for details. I provided those details in writing, and Rebecca called my husband. She told him that there was a contract we should've signed. First we heard of this. She said the technician should've given it to us. Seriously--the technician isn't the contract person. Anyways, she promised to send a copy to my husband and get us restarted on the program. He didn't get anything from her. They corresponded over the phone for about a week, and finally she sent him an email that said "If you do nothing in response to this email, your contract has been accepted. Click here to review the terms." We clicked and were sent to an error screen. Once again a dead-end. My husband then called her back and she told him it wasn't the right email. She was going to get back to him with the correct one. She never did. He called her again and she has ignored him. I also emailed the main page again, but no response. I finally just submitted this case to ABC7News, and hopefully they are investigating it. Maybe bringing some national or at least regional news coverage to this scam will finally get it resolved. 

Contributor
Susalin103

I totally feel your pain. I don't get how a company so big and nationally know to have so many problems.It should just be a quick exhange. (Customer) Signs up with Comcast. (Comcast) gives promotional gift. I feel as though we (Customers) need to jump through hoops and dance around and look like idiots to get somewhere but after dancing around and looking like idiots we (Customers) are still not getting anywhere. I wonder how many others are experiencing these same issues who haven't reported to Comcast. I feel like we (Customers) are victims of r@pe. We just been r@ped by Comcast and the Customers responding to these forums are the only brave ones to speak about it.

Contributor
MrsGray1010

Got a phone message from Latoyia (who sounded like she was chewing on crackers) to call her back.  Tried to call 3 times to the answer of: sorry no one is available to speak with, leave a message and we will return your call.  Guess what....NO CALL....today a letter from her stating that they have no contract and I did not meet the requirements (paid 5 days late on one month)...THIS COMPANY SUCKS AND I CANNOT WAIT TILL THE GOVERNMENT STEPS ON THEM.  Maybe if their employees did not get (along with a substantial pay)....FREE INTERENET......FREE PHONE......FREE CABLE....FREE HD, they could lower their rates and take care of the people that put the money in their pockets.  I cannot wait to change providers.  I will spread the word to everyone I work with, know or speak randomly with to NEVER deal with Comcast......Dish Network is going to get a call to transfer our services to them.

New Visitor
kristinpleas

We have been waiting for our $200 gift card and have still not received it.  We signed up for the triple play in October 2010.  I called customer service a couple weeks ago and spoke with a Shannon.  She said it looks like we should have been set up to receive it, but didn't see that we ever were.  Anyway, she promised that someone would look into it and call me back when they had it all figured out.  That never happened.  She opened a ticket #000070362 if you'd like to look at that.

We're pretty unhappy that we're having to go through all of this to get something that was supposed to be sent to us a while back.  Please let me know how I should handle this from here.

Thanks,

Kristin

New Visitor
kristinpleas

I just checked that link for status of the rebate, and we're at least on there now, but it says it's for a $100 card.  We signed up and were supposed to get $200.  WTH?

Contributor
hphammer

Detreon Roberts

You seem to be the guy handling the gift card problems via the forum website. I am having the same problem as everyone else. The short of it is I was promised a $200 gift card when I signed up. I was told I had to wait 16 weeks then 6 months to receive it. I was then given the website and status not found. Comcast did "research" and found no "contract". I pay my bill on time I even have two computer generated work orders (9478-4r,6294-3r) stating $200 giftcheck. I was advised they would put me in for reconsideration and I then spoke with supervisor Michelle WA5 who offered me $100 credit. I advised her I would get back to her in a couple of days. I called for her and was advised she would be advised via email that I had called and I have not heard from her. I have filed a complaint with the Pa attorney general's office and am only looking to get the $200 that was promised as part of the package. I dont care if its a gift card or a credit to my account. Please rectify this problem for me. I have no problem serving out the rest of my 24 months from August 2010 when I signed on at the accepted terms. However if I am not in contract I have no obligation to stay as a customer. thank you

New Visitor
lmcfarlin

I signed up for a promotion with a $100 gift card and a Flip Ultra Camera back in November 2010.  When the technician showed up, I told him I wanted to upgrade to the online promotion that included the $250 gift card and the same camera instead (it was the highest priced plan available).  He made a call and, supposedly, got it all squared away and I signed on for the premium package.

Now, nobody at Comcast seems to have any idea what I'm talking about.  There is apparently not a single record that I was ever due any reward at any point in time.  I've emailed about this and continually get a canned "empathetic" response.  I am certain that, whether intentionally on Comcast's part or not, I was scammed.  I have been asked about some agreement form that I was perhaps supposed to download, sign and mail back within 30 days.  I never heard anything about this form until I started complaining (and it's obviously way too late to get it back within 30 days now).  So it seems likely that this was a bit of a gimmick to catch most of us who don't read every piece of small print on every form and web page that was part of the ordering/installation/activation process.

New Visitor
lmcfarlin

Thanks for the information.  As it's already been difficult for me so far to get anywhere with this process, I've already made the decision to take my business elsewhere.  I'm filing my FTC complaint now.

New Visitor
Jennifer711

I signed up for comcast triple play with the $100 visa card and HD flip camcorder promotion. Installation was completed on Dec. 4th, 2010. We were first told it would take 4-6 weeks for delivery of promo items (which seemed reasonable.) After six weeks had passed, we called to find out the status of our items and were told it would take up to 16 weeks to receive the items (less reasonable.) Today is week 17, still no items. I spent 40 minutes on the line with customer service today being given the run around. First, I was told that the items were shipped and lost in the mail. To which I replied that I had checked the online customer rebate center and they didn't even have record of me, so I knew that wasn't true and that I had also seen MANY other complaints similar to mine online, so I also knew I wasn't the only one having such issues. The Rep then went back and forth putting me on hold several times, only to come up with the solution that I must drive 45 minutes to the local Comcast center, who may or may not have the items available, but would give me "the final resolution to the problem." Whatever that means. Also, the local center has no telephone number, so I couldn't even save myself a wasted trip by calling ahead to verify whether or not they would be able to assist me.(NOT reasonable!) I am VERY disappointed and angry with how Comcast has handled this situation. I feel cheated, and feel that Comcast has placed the responsibility for receiving items I was promised on ME. I shouldn't have to drive to pick up my items that may or may not be at a center 45 minutes from my home. Comcast doesn't drive to my house each month to pick up their payment!! If Comcast is unable to resolve this matter in a timely fashion, I will file complaints with the FTC and BBB for false advertising. I hope this issue can be resolved quickly. Thank you.
New Visitor
pagescoffee

I got scammed on the Comcast $250 Visa Gift Card offer! Don't fall for it!

Wow...Comcast is truly a disappointment in the promise department.  In October 2010 I signed up for their "Xfinity Triple Play" for $159 per month + tax and extras (My actual bill comes to $188 for the package and two HD DVR boxes).  Comcast promised this rate for 12 months, with an increase to $169 for 12 months after that, making it a 2-year contract, with the promise of a $250 Visa Gift Card just for signing up.  I called and signed up over the phone, which took a very, very long time (roughly 2 hours).  The technician came to my house a few days later, installed the boxes and phone modem and left.  There was no "contract" to sign.  he just left when he was done.  I called and spoke with a representative at least two weeks ago and was told it was "all set" and my gift card should arrive within days.  It didn't.  I just tried the online Comcast assistance service and was told I needed to sign a contract, which was NEVER even offered to me (there's the scam) adn that there is no record of my having spoken with the other woman, which most definitely happened.  Now I'm stuck with an over-the-top Comcast package that I can not afford and that has a sports package I'll never, ever use since I hate sports.  To add insult to injury, the representative that I spoke with on the phone two weeks ago or so told me if I attempt to downgrade my service I will be CHARGED a fee of $200 for changing my "contract."  Nice, huh?  I'm contacting the BBB and Attorney General for advice and will post more when I know more.

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: I got scammed on the Comcast $250 Visa Gift Card offer! Don't fall for it!

pagecoffee,

Please watch this Thread for a reply to your post by the Administrator early week.

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
WPHarrisJr

I signed up for Comcast HD Preferred Xf on November 13th, 2010. I have yet to receive my gift card (like nearly everyone else, sadly). Please take care of this. 

New Visitor
evarichard

I requested new service in Aug. for some reason the account was never finalized correctly is what they first told me back in dec when I called.  They said it'll take 5-7 days for a call back verifiying it was done and my card will follow in 4 weeks approx. Well nothing happend I called again got sent to several differnt depts. to be told they had to verify it with sales. That would take the same 7 days and so on. I gave it 2weeks before i contacted them again. Anyway I've been told several times following don't worry I got it taken care of. I have just recvd a email stating that a request was made on my behalf regarding this issue requesting a verification code from comcast again on 03/20 and they still haven't recd it. This was done from consumercare dept. What next do i do. Back in Aug it was $150. now it's $200.one being given and before I at least felt I got a good deal. Now I think I made a big mistake.

New Visitor
demsome

I will tell you what, if my card isnt in the mail as of tomorrow. i will be requiring that all my tenants (over 300) to remove all their gear and pay for them to go to direct tv. From what im hearing this has class action written all over it.Believe my when i say i can get things done in respect to starting class action lawsuits, ask phillips.i too was promised the 250 dollar gift exactly 3 months ago and every time i ask about it noone knows anything about it and just pass the buck.i also checked the rebate website and of course, no records. Come tomorrow if the visa gift card that was contractually obligated to me is not credited to my account or available for pickup i will pursue what i have to as to rectify my end of the bargain.

Contributor
hphammer

Sent Detreon Roberts an email reguarding this issue and he requested I post here. I did so four days ago and have not heard anything back yet. Still have not heard from supervisor that was to get back to me.

New Visitor
tstuller

We became a Triple Play Customer on 11-19-10  and have heard nothing about the card.  When I went to the site and entered my info in to see if it could give me a status it shows nothing on file for a rebate.  Please advise what I need to do to get my rebate.

Thanks

New Visitor
demsome

well if your paying your bill or late in any way , the comcast team can get any info whatsoever to get their end all squared away, but if its the customer getting the shaft then they can and will drag their feet and pass the buck to whoever for whatever reason! i used to love this company but i have since changed my mind about the integrity of this cable provider.Keep your promises and at least own up to the fact that your scamming ppl and stop offering "incentives" . i would like an explanation as to why noone knows why there's no info on my rebate.If i dont have an answer today , service will be cancelled. i do know of one company who keeps their promises, should never have left them for comcast.come on comcast, we've paid up, now it's your turn

Retired Administrator
CC_Dete

New Visitor
joeylynch72

i have not recieved mine too.

Email Expert
CCCarole

joeylynch72 wrote:

i have not recieved mine too.

Please provide specific details,but do not post any personal information, including account number in your reply.  this is a public forum.  What bundle do you have?  When did you start service?  what steps have you taken so far?  Have you called Comcast about this? 

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
recojoe

I also signed up for service in October 2010.. I have spoken to lord knows how many people who continue to tell me that they have created tickets.. that they have escalated this matter.. finally hear from someone in the Executive Escalation Department... After 2 weeks... they called me on March 21st to tell me I should have it in a week... Still dont have it... Now here comes the funniest part.. I went on line to pay bill and thought I would try the Online Chat to see what was going on with the $250.00 Gift Card... Below are the transcripts... This is about the same level of service from most with Comcast... They have no clue what they are saying and they just pass you around from person to person till ya get tired of talking or trying to resolve the issue...

analyst Catherine has entered room

CatherineLBBLHello joseph, Thank you for contacting Comcast Live Chat Support. My name is Catherine. Please give me one moment to review your information.

CatherineLBBLThanks for contacting Comcast! I look forward to helping you today. I understand that you have a questions with your bill. I am happy to help you.

joseph: I have still not received my $250.00 visa gift card after 90 days of service.. It has not been almost 6 months

CatherineLBBLJoseph, actually regarding the gift card is being sent in the mail. Since you have nnot received it yet, you need to call the Gift card line at : 888-311-3589 , Hours include 5:30 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific Time, 7 days a week.

joseph: I understand it is supposed to be sent in the mail... But why has it not been sent as of yet or if you are telling me it was already sent, then when was it sent

CatherineLBBLI'm so sorry but We cannot track it either on our end, Joseph, since this is not part of out system online.

joseph: so who at COMCAST tracks it

CatherineLBBL: The Gift card department, please give a call to: 1-888-311-3589 .

joseph: And this is a department at Comcast

CatherineLBBLRight!

joseph: Well I have them on line and they say that they don't handle sending out the gift cards

CatherineLBBLDo you still have your online confirmation when accounr and service as set up?

CatherineLBBLDo you still have your online confirmation when accounr and service as set up?

josephno...

josephmy service was set up in October 2010... I have my COMAST account # is that helps

CatherineLBBL: Thank you for the information, Joseph . Please give me a minute or two while I pull up the account.

CatherineLBBLIt says that account should be on the 24 month contract to get the Visa Prepaid Card rebate. Did you signed up for the 2 year contact, Joseph?

CatherineLBBLIt says that account should be on the 24 month contract to get the Visa Prepaid Card rebate. Did you signed up for the 2 year contact, Joseph?

joseph: yes

CatherineLBBL: Joseph did you received the agreement letter via mail or email for the contract?

josephboth

josephI have the e-mail that shows the confirmation of my agreement... However when you press the link for it.. It states.....We were unable to locate your agreement information. Please call 1-800-COMCAST to speak to a Comcast representative.

joseph: are you there

joseph: are you there

CatherineLBBLJoseph, I am reviewing on my end the process in claiming the gift card, I find out that there should be a tracking code for the gift card to be generated.

CatherineLBBLJoseph, I am reviewing on my end the process in claiming the gift card, I find out that there should be a tracking code for the gift card to be generated.

CatherineLBBL: Please continue to hold as I verify who can add this on the account.

CatherineLBBLPlease continue to hold as I verify who can add this on the account.

CatherineLBBLPlease go to www.comcast.com\agreement to sign up first with the agreement, Joseph.

CatherineLBBLPlease go to www.comcast.com\agreement to sign up first with the agreement, Joseph.

joseph: Right... and I have spoken to almost every department in COMCAST since Feb. when it was supposed to be sent.. the last person I spoke with 3 weeks ago in the Executive Escalation Dept. said it should take about a week... Well 3 weeks later there is no gift card and just more people telling me to speak to this department and that department and each one of then say they dont handle... Have you looked at all the customer complaints in your COMCAST online Forums about this topic... this is not a good thing...

CatherineLBBL: This is what I got after searching for the gift card, Joseph.

CatherineLBBLOption 1 - Online: URL: www.comcast.com/agreement Customers will be asked to enter an Agreement ID# and a PIN. This information will be prominently displayed on the letter the customer receives after installation. The pin is the first 5 letters of the accountholder’s last name. If they do not have this information available, they will have the option to enter their account #.

CatherineLBBLOption 2 - Mail: Mail to this Address: Comcast Contract Services P.O. Box 492950 Lawrenceville, GA 30049-0050

CatherineLBBL: Option 3 - Fax: Fax Number: 770-963-6679 If the customer elects this option they must sign the agreement and return all pages.

joseph: I already have an agreement... If you are telling me I have NO service agreement with COMCAST ????

joseph: So I can cancel service at ANY time without PENALTY ???

CatherineLBBL: Joseph, I am checking your issue on my end, yes you are on a contract what I am asking is for the agreement form.

joseph: Go the the forums section of your COMCAST website and read all the unhappy customers who are having the same problem with COMAST same response to EVERYONE... I have excalated this to our Regional Office and someone will be in touch with you... So far NOT ONE person has recieved their rebate.... Kinda fishy ????

CatherineLBBL: Joseph, I just found out that the Tracking code ($100 Visa; $150 Visa; $200 Visa) must be on the account, for you to receive the Gift card, and I can't find this code on your account, where did you sign up? Is it online as well?

joseph: WOW... I just checked the website " Check My Rebate.COM.. It finally shows up... funny thing is that is states .." Your DIRECT HD PREMIER XF TRIPLE PLAY $250 VISA offer was received on 3/24/2011 , processed on 3/24/2011 and it is being prepared to ship please check back periodically for an updated status. ... Does it really take 3 weeks to mail something....

CatherineLBBLCorrect, 3 weeks from the processing date.

CatherineLBBLCorrect, 3 weeks from the processing date.

josephReally.... 3 weeks to put a gift card in a envelope and put it in the mail... Much less 3 months after when it was supposed to be shipped... If it really takes someone at Comcast 3 weeks to put something in a envelope, and mail it... you might want to find someone a little quicker in their job performance...

CatherineLBBLJoseph, I am so sorry for this trouble. There was already an escalated ticket created for your gift card.

joseph: There have been several tickets created for this issue and no one has bothered to follow up or return calls.. the last time I herd from someone was 3 weeks ago and at that time I was told 7 days.... But don't worry... I will just look at my other options...

Type Here: 
New Visitor
originalis

Re: Prepaid Visa Rebate

Have you been lied to and ripped off by comcast too? I was promised a $250.00 Visa Card and instead got a bunch of grief and ZERO response. After spending 1 hour on the phone today--4 months after I signed up and paid $200.00 a month for my cable service--they tell me I am inelligible and offer me a $150.00 statement credit. Well, I am taking it to the Better Business Bureau and a consumer rights attorney.

New Visitor
Person1234

I am also waiting for my visa gift card.Its been at least 6 months since I signed up.Whats the deal?

Visitor
poohea12

I have posted on this board and have not gotten a response.  I had an online chat with comcast and was told that all of the problems had been resolved and I would be getting my card.  The week that they told me I would get it came and went with no card.  So I called the rebate center and they told me that they had no idea about what I was talking about, that they were still waiting to hear from comcast because they had no record of me other than that calls that I have personally made.  I called comcast again and was told that it had been noted in my file that I should only call the rebate center.  I am suposed to call a number that has no idea of who I am.  I had them transfer me to the customer loyalty line and was promised a return phone call and that was last week with nothing from comcast.  This is getting extreamly frustrating.  I HATE this company.  I can understand a slight delay, because sometime things happen.  But this has been going on for MONTHS.  I am ready to cancel my service just so I never have to speak to one of these people again.  I am SICK of being lied to and ignored.  But they don't care.  I will scream if one more person thanking me for sharing my problem, but doing nothing to help.  Does anyone know exactly who to talk to?  Who's job is it to fix these problems?