New Visitor
vhyshawn

Visa Gift Card Promotion

I signed up for the Xfinity Triple Play Premier XF package with a two year commitment last September and was told that after 90 days of service I would recieve my $250 visa gift card. After the 90 days past, I contacted comcast searching for more information on what the status of my gift card is. Each time I have been told something totally different and not been given any real answers to my question. I am highly frustrated with comcast because of this. There is no reason why I should not be able to get any answers. I am filling a report with the BBB because there has been no progress made on the matter. I expected better customer service from Comcast and honest answers not to be given the run around, I just want the gift card that comcast promoted as an incentive to sign up for service.  I have emailed the address listed in other forums and even spoken to someone in charge of the giftcards but I have seen no results nor recieved any new information. Any help in recieving this information will be extremely helpful.

New Visitor
vhyshawn

Re: Visa Gift Card Promotion

Unfortunately, I have already completed that process over two weeks ago and have no heard a reply back at all.

Visitor
vikings2012

We signed up in June 2011, made a call in September saying that it was still in the works but we had to be costumers for "longer".  There was no mention of how long.  Now it is February and on the www.checkmyrebate.com/comcastgiftcheck site they sent me to there has no record of my rebate.  They also sent me to www.comcastrebatecenter.com which also had absolutely no information.  It has now been four phone calls, two emails and a heck of a lot of frustration for a rebate that made me decide to go with Comcast over direct TV.   Starting to regret my decision.

New Visitor
obijuan74

[ Edited ]

Good luck with this.  We signed up for the Triple Play deal that included a $250 Visa gift card back in June.  Still don't have the gift card and the first time I called they tried to tell me it was a $200 gift card.  I know what I signed up for and it included a $250 gift card, not $200.  I got a bunch of extra channels and stuff that I didn't really want or need just to get the $250 gift card over the lesser valued ones.  First time I called they told me I had to have the account active for 90 days w/ no changes or reduction in services to get the gift card.  Called back after 90 days and on Jan. 6 they told me I had to do some verbal contract agreement over the phone.  That was the first I'd heard of that so went ahead and did it and they confirmed on the phone it was $250 gift card not $200.  Then I get some contract in the mail that again says $200 instead of $250...what the heck?  I call them today and they explain to me that we have to pay our bill on time for 3 months and then the 4-6 week gift card countdown starts.  The line on the contract I got says "account in good standing" for 90 days.  We unfortunately had to pay our Feb. bill a couple of days late because of the way some money and paychecks cycled so even though we have more than 3 months since June that we've paid on time now I have to start over and pay my March, April and May bill on time and once I do that the 4-6 week gift card waiting period starts.  So it will be over a year after we signed up before we finally receive our gift card (I'm not going to hold my breath that it actually shows up anyway at this point).

This is freaking ridiculous and they really need to work on clarity with the offer and educating their customer service reps about all the details of the promotion.  Why I wasn't told all of these details when I first signed up is what really starts to make this feel like a scam.  They don't explain all of the details to you when you call to get the deal and I've had to find them all out piecemeal from about 4 different phone calls and the contract I got mailed with the wrong gift card amount.

I am regretting our decision to go with Comcast big time.  A Fios representative came by our house the other day and we can get everything we have with Comcast right now (including multi-room dvr) for $50 less a month than we're paying Comcast.  As far as I'm concerned Comcast is in breach of the 2 year contract by not providing the gift card and I should be able to break the contract without penalty.  If they can breach the contract without any repercussion then I should be able to do the same on my end. 

They also need to define "account in good standing" a little better on the contract in reference to the gift card.  We've had to pay our bill a couple of days late a few times due to the date the bill is due and the way our paychecks cycle but we have paid our bill on time for 3 months in a row within the 9 months we've had our service.  To me an "account in good standing" means you've never been disconnected due to non-payment, I'm not really sure that paying a few days late should constitute my account not being in good standing, especially considering the way Comcast does their billing you're actually paying in advance for a month that you haven't used their service yet.

Absolutely ridiculous, once I get this issue worked out I will never be using Comcast for anything again and I'll make sure to let everyone I know about this so they don't fall prey to the same trap.

Contributor
bugboo1231

A warning to you...I too signed up in September. I too NEVER have received my promised gift card. I have spent countless hours going in circles with Comcast. I have dealt with this through emails to CUstomer Service, through online chats, through the Forums, through written letters, through phone calls. No results! I have been sent to "Escalation" three times. That is Comcast speak for sending you into a black hole! I filed complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Federal Trade Commission.

Comcast's final response is I never signed the required contract. Now I placed my order online and finalized it with an online rep. I chose the XFinity Triple Play with the gift card promotion. I was told by the online rep that I did everything I needed to do for the promotion.

Comcast's strategy is to withold a required piece of the puzzle. By not providing a contract to sign which apparently is separate from completing the order online, Comcast then can claim that we, the customer, are to blame for not getting the promised promotion

I have repeatedly asked Comcast to prove they sent me a separate contract. I never get a response. Comcast hopes customers will just get frustrated and drop the issue. I will continue to fight this.

I just wanted to share my experience so you can go into this knowing Comcast will do nothing to follow through on their promotion. They will continue to commit fraud by blaming the customer!!

New Visitor
jokawood

This is a hard one to solve.  Apparently there is another form you have to fill out with Comcast that you are suppose to get from the installer.  I did not get mine and had to go through the Better Business Bureau to understand the process.  Maybe if you call Comcast support desk and tell them this, because they assume you got this form, you can get it, fill it out, and send it back to them. 

Once my form was filled out I got my card, but it was only for $200 and not the $250 as promised.  False advertising unless I get my full amount.

New Visitor
NZ4579

I'm having the same problem - like a wild goose chase.  I have just submitted a complaint with the BBB and encourage you all to do the same!

Email Expert
CCCarole

NZ4579 wrote:

I'm having the same problem - like a wild goose chase.  I have just submitted a complaint with the BBB and encourage you all to do the same!

If you haven't already, do send an email to the We Can Help Team for assistance.

We_can_help@cable.comcast.com

Include all of the following in your email

full name

service address

phone number       

account number

link to this thread

full details of the problems

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

New Visitor
kingstonMASS

I would not recommend participating in this or any other promotion offered by said company.